Bronco stance detrimental to the game's image

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Surely the Broncos need to be told to curb their desperation and let sanity prevail. The plan of letting a player take the field around 100 hours after major facial surgery is a complete nonsense, a heinous monstrosity. Even worse if he does so with an elephant man mask to protect the injured area. How many mothers will be provoked to pull their children out of the game when they witness such a Machiavellian attitude to the welfare of a human being?

No employer in their right mind would countenance a return to work from major facial trauma, particularly when the work itself caused the damage in the first place.

Agree. He should be out for weeks, if not months, with a broken bone in the face.

If he plays someone like T-Rex could permanently **** him up.

My concern is Manly are now placed in an impossible position. It is a sudden death game but if we are seen to be targeting Lockyer we will be howled down as the ones not acting in the interests of the game.

Conveniently ignored will be that Lockyer should not be allowed to play, really the NRL should step in and say it should not happen.

It'll be beat up in the media as the most courageous act since Satts' broken jaw. It'll be sickening watching the News Ltd sycophants struggling for adjectives to describe Darren's bravery

Let him play. Let's expose the hypocrisy of the NRL and the Queensland media over all this. They will laud him for being a hero etc etc when at the same time it shows the disgraceful hypocrisy of the entire league management. I hope he plays and I hope to god we smash the living **** out of these bunch of arseholes and shut this entire Lockyer is God fiasco up once and for all.

If he plays we need to run t-rex at him all day if he gets hurt it's his and his employers fault - dont think for a second if the shoe was on the other foot that the broncos wouldn't take advantage in a heart beat.

God said:
If he plays we need to run t-rex at him all day if he gets hurt it's his and his employers fault - dont think for a second if the shoe was on the other foot that the broncos wouldn't take advantage in a heart beat.
Just ask Justin Hodges.

You guys can't be serious? Don't you remember Toovs playing with a busted cheekbone in 96 and Doctors saying he risked permanent blindness? Toovs displayed the type of toughness that defined his career and walked about with the Clive Churchill medal.

Locky will play and he'll be lauded for his courage as well he should be, but IMO it won't have an effect on the game at all.

In 97 Joey Johns played in the GF desipte having a punctured lung during the week. Some doctor claimed he risked serious injury if he played.

The other story to take note of is Changa Langlands playing in the 38 nil Grand Final against the Rorters in 75. Needle hit a nerve and he was on one long. White boots have never been the same.

Lockyer will need to be needled up, will have had anaesthetic not 100 hours before and another knock or bump could have serious repercussions. Crazy!!

Phantar said:
God said:
Just ask Justin Hodges.
What goes around comes around Mr Hodges and no one is more ruthless than the Manly boys . Just ask Adam Blair. :D

Matabele said:
Surely the Broncos need to be told to curb their desperation and let sanity prevail. The plan of letting a player take the field around 100 hours after major facial surgery is a complete nonsense, a heinous monstrosity. Even worse if he does so with an elephant man mask to protect the injured area. How many mothers will be provoked to pull their children out of the game when they witness such a Machiavellian attitude to the welfare of a human being?

No employer in their right mind would countenance a return to work from major facial trauma, particularly when the work itself caused the damage in the first place.
This post is rubbish, why not stick to the laughable petition for snake. Looks like it's been real successful as successful as private ownership I hear Penn is losing money like it is no ones business and the question is with the club being so successful and still losing money what future has this club got? Broke and a very small fan base I smell a shaky future, oh wait we do have that financial muscle from Quantum Energy lol

All a big charlie fox setup really. He's no chance of playing, but they will talk it up like he is playing to mess with us.

Stick a fork in Locky, he's done.

Reggie 12 said:
Matabele said:

This post is rubbish, why not stick to the laughable petition for snake. Looks like it's been real successful as successful as private ownership I hear Penn is losing money like it is no ones business and the question is with the club being so successful and still losing money what future has this club got? Broke and a very small fan base I smell a shaky future, oh wait we do have that financial muscle from Quantum Energy lol

Dont get fished up by the rabbitroll

I think the difference with Toovs and Lockyer is the introduction of occupational health and safety laws that now exist that didn't in 96. An employer, which the NRL is, is liable for injuries at work, and if he plays and is injured again against against the club doctors orders, then the NRL would be criminally liable. The doctor can't possibly recommend he play. Where's his duty of care if he does?

He won't play. However, if he does then he has to be treated like every other player on the field that is deemed to be fit enough to run out there in the first place.

Hopefully some professionalism is shown. If that was Quade Cooper or Dan Carter they'd be done for 4-6 weeks minimum as they should be.

I remember the calls in 96 as well when Ridgey took a trip to Disneyland in the preliminary and everyone said he shouldn't play the GF

The teams havnt even been announced yet FFS, and even then it is no indication that he will play. Des would name him for sure. Its part of the game that most of you are now playing

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6