Broncos bucked

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
With NQ beating the draft horses will Nein now show them instead of giving Brisbane every Friday night match?
I'm really surprised the coaches of other clubs, who have to prepare their teams with anything from a five-day to 10-day turnaround, haven't raised the issue of favouritism. To know you play ever Friday night is a huge advantage.

I wish they would share the TV games around more. I'd like to watch Canberra play occasionally, but when was the last time they were on Friday night TV? I bet it was only because they were playing the draft horses!

Broncos losing always lightens my spirits.
At least if your in NSW you get to watch the non-qld match. Up here you have to wait 'til 9:30 to watch teams like the Premiers play.

Down the gold coast Nicci we get NBN and channel 9 brisbane so we get the choice of either except until daylight savings finishes where the Sydney game is an hour delayed.

mickqld said:
Down the gold coast Nicci we get NBN and channel 9 brisbane so we get the choice of either except until daylight savings finishes where the Sydney game is an hour delayed.
My family home base is the Gold Coast but work has sent me all over south western QLD the last few years.
So apart from missing my family and my beaches I also miss NBN footy coverage. Total Broncos overload up here.
Having grown up in NSW then moved to QLD in my late teens I am now of the understanding that the locals connect more with being a q'lander than being an Australian. I think they should build an extremely large wall to keep the rabbits out.

Yeah agree and no lack of Manly haters up here too especially the Broncos losers. That's why it sooo good at the moment shoving down everyone's throats again.

mickqld said:

I used to love that back in my 'Kingscliff' days, getting the two different channels.

When I moved to brissie I just got foxtel and solved the problem of watching the drongos play in front of drongos every friday.

eagles2win said:
No. Boncos are a ratings winner hence why they get picked every week..
When they lose consistently and are ordinary then yes

So, TV ratings are more important than showing an important match?
Are Brisbanites that stupid that they won't watch other teams? Don't answer that. I know the answer is 'yes'.
Another reason why there needs to be more teams in Brisbane.

Was rolling on the floor laughing when Matty Bowen went through them...the tragic crowd shots of the drongo supporters were priceless.
First souths, then drongos, the storm being pipped at the post by the Titans next week:)s) would be a lovely treble.:p

The Who said:
eagles2win said:

Are Brisbanites that stupid that they won't watch other teams? Don't answer that. I know the answer is 'yes'.

Brisbane area needs another 3 teams

Another Brisbane team
Logan/Ippie
Redcliffe

Not to mention a C Qld team

And I haven't even got to NZ and WA.

SA unless the sharks move there are a mute point

The Who said:
eagles2win said:

Unfortunately it's Channel 9 picking the schedule, and ratings are all it's about for them. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The sooner this tv deal is over the better, surely the IC have to negotiate something better.

Unfortunately it's Channel 9 picking the schedule, and ratings are all it's about for them. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The sooner this tv deal is over the better, surely the IC have to negotiate something better.
[/

This ^

We hear all these things about a new tv deal but does anyone actually know when it is due to be re-negotiated and set in place?

Great. Then we'll know more i guess. I wouldn't expect to see too many signings before then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8