Broncos unlikely to secure DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Glenn Stewart's likely departure from the Manly is set to scupper any hope of Sea Eagles teammate Daly Cherry-Evans returning to Queensland to play for the Brisbane Broncos.

Read More

Glenn Stewart's likely departure from the Manly is set to scupper any hope of Sea Eagles teammate Daly Cherry-Evans returning to Queensland to play for the Brisbane Broncos.

Battling s
150px-Daly_Cherry-Evans_20121.jpg
alary-cap pressures, the Sea Eagles must reluctantly jettison marquee talent and Stewart is chiefly in the firing line as the 30-year-old enters his twilight years.

Linked with a big-money move to the Canberra Raiders, the NSW enforcer's defection would give Manly the financial latitude to deliver Cherry-Evans the upgrade they promised last year.

Cherry-Evans' management has not ruled out the playmaker, off-contract at the end of 2015, returning to Queensland upon the expiry of his Manly deal.

Read more at the Daily Telegraph.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/broncos-unlikely-to-secure-dce-12091/#ixzz2smVP0IFt

Sorry, I don't buy it. With Fa'oso leaving us, that's an extra 130k available to spread wherever we want to. If DCE AGAIN, is wanting the bucks, bucks, bucks, then he can hog that.

DCE and his management group make his contract, and it's negotiations a debacle.

Does anyone remember the threats and suggestive comments the LAST time DCE wanted another upgrade mid contract?

Play Hiku and Matai in the centres, move Lyon to 5/8, and play Foran at Half Back. We won a GF 40-0 in 2008 with Lyon at 5/8, so I have no issues with him playing there.

Let DCE go if he keeps threatening mid contract.

He's a good player, yeah. But to cost the club player after player. Forget it, especially when we have options. Glenn Stewart has at least another 3-4 years to play. At LEAST.

I've read variations of this story so many times in the past month, it's just the media trying to stir up trouble again.

The 130k we have to "spread wherever we want" won't go far. We might get away with it for this year, but Richies position hasn't been made redundant. We still need to replace him. A young bloke will play for not much this year, but when they make a fist of it, what will they want next year? DCE's contract doesn't expire until the end of 2015.

Please remind us of the "threats and suggestive comments" made by DCE (not his management) last time. His manager has a very marketable product, I would suggest he can afford to be aggressive in the marketplace. Sadly.

Ryan said:
Sorry, I don't buy it. With Fa'oso leaving us, that's an extra 130k available to spread wherever we want to. If DCE AGAIN, is wanting the bucks, bucks, bucks, then he can hog that.

DCE and his management group make his contract, and it's negotiations a debacle.

Does anyone remember the threats and suggestive comments the LAST time DCE wanted another upgrade mid contract?

Play Hiku and Matai in the centres, move Lyon to 5/8, and play Foran at Half Back. We won a GF 40-0 in 2008 with Lyon at 5/8, so I have no issues with him playing there.

Let DCE go if he keeps threatening mid contract.

He's a good player, yeah. But to cost the club player after player. Forget it, especially when we have options. Glenn Stewart has at least another 3-4 years to play. At LEAST.

Richie's $130K can't just get thrown around anywhere. His departure has left our 25 man squad with 24 players. Someone has to come in that will chew up the majority of that $130K even if it is a junior.

As for DCE's "threats", if you're value on the open market is now $1 million per year and your current contract is $500K of course you will expect a raise. He is not threatening to walk out, but if Manly's contract negotiations include a top up to his salary in 2015, it will go a long way to securing him for 2016 and beyond, and that's the same with Foran.

cant believe people believe everything they read in the media.

In which case why isn't this an issue for the dogs since DCE and gifty and most of our squad were going there

The broncos are linked to every top liner. Kind of shows even the bronco 's think their current squad is ****, and i agree with them. The longer they carry on desperately trying to upgrade the squad the better. I love reading the admission of no talent and no chance over and over

Giddy up Bonkos

DCE is the future Lyon of Manly.
His skillset is growing exponentially each season.
His demeanor is calm and focused - next Club Captain for sure :cool:

The Manly future is assured with DCE at halfback :)

Gifty has another 2 years most on his next contract.
He is a wonderful Player, but is in his twilight years :angel:

The media speculation will continue with the Manly Roster as we must have the largest group of long serving Players :dodgy:
2007 GF - Brett, Matai, Killer, Choc, Kingy, Gifty
2008 GF - Brett, Killer, Matai, Wolfie, Matty, Choc, Kingy, Gifty

I didn't,t think we had the $130k available, I understood we were standing by Richie and paying out his contract (as any decent club should do) this mean it will be included in our cap for 2014. It is only teams like the dogs that retire players mid season because they have swung them a cushy job with the nrl or tv and don't pay out their contacts and then benefit from the extra cap space

Fluffy said:
cant believe people believe everything they read in the media.

In which case why isn't this an issue for the dogs since DCE and gifty and most of our squad were going there

Except when the story is pro Manly right? Then everyone gets very excited and it's pats on the backs all round. LOL

Glen Stewart will go and brett will retire/package deal uk or somewhere else. DCE and for an are priorities. We went pretty well with Horo and symonds whilst gift was injured last year so that won't help him at the negotiation table. Let him earn the coin he deserves somewhere else.

MissKate said:
I didn't,t think we had the $130k available, I understood we were standing by Richie and paying out his contract (as any decent club should do) this mean it will be included in our cap for 2014. It is only teams like the dogs that retire players mid season because they have swung them a cushy job with the nrl or tv and don't pay out their contacts and then benefit from the extra cap space

Richie has retired from the NRL before the 2014 season has begun. We can still pay him but he is not a contracted top 25 NRL player therefore it wouldn't come under our salary cap as I understand it.

Top End Eagle said:
Glen Stewart will go and brett will retire/package deal uk or somewhere else. DCE and for an are priorities. We went pretty well with Horo and symonds whilst gift was injured last year so that won't help him at the negotiation table. Let him earn the coin he deserves somewhere else.

Gift isn't choc. In many ways he is a better player yet not as important to the club. We need to be ready to see him somewhere else. No one will pay snake the overs we are now so he won't be poached. It will hurt to see it happen but I can't see Glenn Stewart an eagle for life.

Cut it out. How much rubbish do we want to believe guys. Can anyone here see DCE doing what is suggested. The manager is doing his job and helping his wallet as well. We have the future Australian captain in a vital role and the future New Zealand captain as the pivot, we are blessed and it has meant success for the club and great players to build a team around, you want that for nothing. These two are smoking hot property and we need to make sure they stay, one day there may be a limit but hopefully not today.

DCE and Foz would also realise that they won't be the player they are now at some other club because they are surrounded by the quality players and staff they have at Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4