Brookie Hill roped off section?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Forgot to update those of you who can not attend Brookie, on the new 'Spit Bar' area at Brookie Oval for all the paranoid schizoids from the West.

The Players dugout now has perspex inlays on the chicken wire, and a movable fence is put in place, prior to the Game, level with the edges of the dugout.

Warringah Council has spared no expense to allay any Westies' fears about we Western side Attendees :p

It truly looks ludicrous and it takes about four Security Guards to erect these flimsy fences.
Even the Ticket checker Ladies in the Jane Try Stand have a laugh at the effort expended:cool:

Larissa said:
There was a safety audience after a crowd member was injured on The Hill earlier this year.

Did the safety audience do the safety dance? :)

Is the path also meant to assist people accessing beer shed? If so it's too far to one side.

Agree there needs to be better ways of getting over the back of the hill to the toilets

wombatgc said:
Larissa said:
There was a safety audience after a crowd member was injured on The Hill earlier this year.

Did the safety audience do the safety dance? :)

No thats for @globaleagle

HappilyManly said:
Forgot to update those of you who can not attend Brookie, on the new 'Spit Bar' area at Brookie Oval for all the paranoid schizoids from the West.

The Players dugout now has perspex inlays on the chicken wire, and a movable fence is put in place, prior to the Game, level with the edges of the dugout.

Warringah Council has spared no expense to allay any Westies' fears about we Western side Attendees :p

It truly looks ludicrous and it takes about four Security Guards to erect these flimsy fences.
Even the Ticket checker Ladies in the Jane Try Stand have a laugh at the effort expended:cool:
I have a seat beside the dugout and the Perspex is also on the sides there. The reflections on Sunday afternoon were terrible, goodness knows what it will be like with aging. I can see why they did it across the back, to stop those splitters, but sides no way. Was funny watching the security guys shifting the barriers around though.
Lets see how long it lasts.

mcatt said:
I saw that, it was at the Souths game. A bloke trip as he was walking down the hill, as he was trying to regain balance he picked up a lot of speed until he finally fell and landed on someone pretty hard. The person he landed on got carried off on a stretcher with a neck brace.

I was not far from that but didn't see how it happened- the first time in 30 odd years that I've seen something like that.
Most of us get p!ssed off if some dickhead spills their beer/chips of stumbles through your patch but it kind of goes with the territory ie "General Admission" - no reserved seating. To be honest I've seen more people go arse up trying to walk over fixed seating.

This bloody litigious world we live in is going too far.
Surely there's a disclaimer when you buy your ticket that you're not guaranteed a seat , blah, blah, blah.

If it is such an issue and that was the reason for the runway on the hill, why not every 20m or so? Is there one at Leichhardt to?
I would think that taking out a section of the hill would just crowd us in more, wouldn't it?

That bloke at the Souths game was right near me too. Saw it from the get go, lost his balance and kept tumbling down, did well to stay on his feet for so long actually. Geez he gathered some pace, not surprised the person he cleaned up needed some help. Poor bloke lost his chips as well.

On this issue, I hardly think one spot like that is going to help in any way, if anything it will just crowd the rest of the hill even more.

Urr. Well I suppose its good for emergencies for those near the fenced off section for emergency services to get through. But doesnt seem to offer much for those twenty metres away on both sides. Oh I should have realised. Its a token OH&S cordoned off section. Its not for us. Its for the TV cameras on the opposite side of the ground.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6