Brookie - the Penn vision

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

I thought the whole issue with Brookie was that there's not enough undercover seating. There's not much undercover seating in this picture either.

Yes. I don't think this baseball stadium is a good example for Mr Penn to use. His intentions are right, just this example is wrong.

I honestly can't tell if people are being serious or sarcastic

The example has nothing to do with the stadium shape or field type, just that it is a commercial hub as well as a stadium

I'm thinking of starting a political party called "Save the Suburban Grounds Party." We could run candidates for the Senate and try and get the funding by grabbing the balance of power. Whose interested in joining?

Ralphie said:
I'm thinking of starting a political party called "Save the Suburban Grounds Party." We could run candidates for the Senate and try and get the funding by grabbing the balance of power. Whose interested in joining?

I'm in, but can we go for NSW parliament, because I don't want to have to go to Canberra. The pay is much the same in the NSW Legislative Council as it is in the Aust Senate.

Shoe1 said:
Ralphie said:

I'm in, but can we go for NSW parliament, because I don't want to have to go to Canberra. The pay is much the same in the NSW Legislative Council as it is in the Aust Senate.

That's where I was thinking. Now, how do I go about doing this?

Ralphie said:
Shoe1 said:
Ralphie said:

That's where I was thinking. Now, how do I go about doing this?

Huh, we are buggered for the NSW State Election. You must be registered for at least 12 months before an election. Only choice seems to be Canberra with the Feds.

What I want is for Brookie and Leichhardt to stay exactly as they are and for all the d1ckheads who don't like it to shut their faces.
Then we can go about knocking down Parra stadium, the SFS and Gosford and replacing them with actual proper football grounds.
Penrith and Shark Park only neeed a stand or two levelled so some terraces can go in.
Homebush can stay there for the GF and SOO but the Doggies can get their stinking clackers back to Belmore where they belong and Souffs too at Redfern.

Is that too much to ask? That we can watch football at a football ground?
I don't recall the last time I went to an art show at a sewage plant or saw a stage show at a bus stop.

Duff said:
What I want is for Brookie and Leichhardt to stay exactly as they are and for all the d1ckheads who don't like it to shut their faces.
Then we can go about knocking down Parra stadium, the SFS and Gosford and replacing them with actual proper football grounds.
Penrith and Shark Park only neeed a stand or two levelled so some terraces can go in.
Homebush can stay there for the GF and SOO but the Doggies can get their stinking clackers back to Belmore where they belong and Souffs too at Redfern.

I don't recall the last time I went to an art show at a sewage plant or saw a stage show at a bus stop.

No way man, need to upgrade the bar so the beer is cold and improve the toilets. Extend the hill by 10m to ditch the carpark area. so we can fit 30K and tick that box.

The Who said:
Duff said:
I don't recall the last time I went to an art show at a sewage plant.

Sculptures by the Sea at Bondi-Malabar.

Touche, but I didn't go and you know know that's not my point!!!!!!!

We have the best and all people do is whinge about it. If we have something like Parra or Gosford all I'll do is whinge about it. And my mates can tell you that we're better off listening to 1000's of people complain about something than having to put up with me complaining about something. It's just not worth the pain for anyone.

Add me to the list of people unsure about putting a baseball stadium at Brookvale. Definitely need to keep the rectangle shape. One of Penns silliest ideas yet...

It's not going to be a baseball layout shape! He was just quoting the facilities that the ground in SF has. And then the people who did the article decided to put a picture of the actual stadium.

Stevo said:
Yes that is the Giants home ground. (Soon to be world champions!)

Not tonight.....they just got seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerved!

edit: spoiler alert

edit edit: series tied 3-3

Duff said:

You're more than welcome in our party, right @ralphie ? However your extreme views are such that you have singlehandedly formed a "left" faction of the party. Many will no doubt share these extreme views. It is not for me to say they are right or wrong, but I am happy to represent them in the House.

It appears we have 3 more years to wait, given we missed the 12 month notification cut-off.

No wonder Choc is leaving. With Penn's ridiculous vision of wanting a baseball stadium for Brookie there's no way he would be able to stand this sort of person running the club ;)

Rodo said:
No wonder Choc is leaving. With Penn's ridiculous vision of wanting a baseball stadium for Brookie there's no way he would be able to stand this sort of person running the club ;)

Remember, Choc didn't even finish year 9 so him believing that is actually possible!

Fluffy said:
Duff said:

No way man, need to upgrade the bar so the beer is cold and improve the toilets. Extend the hill by 10m to ditch the carpark area. so we can fit 30K and tick that box.

the beer is cold @ Brookie on Ice Out of a 44.......in a real can, not a plastic cup....say goodbye to that when the ground gets fixed op....!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6