Brookvale Oval Seating Capacity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

smirny

I was bored so I counted the amount of seats that are at Brookie using Ticketmaster. It looks like there's about 4,281 seats (not including the reserved GA benches) at our stadium.

This is a lot lower than I was expecting, considering Brookie is meant to hold 23,000 people. So the 3,000 grandstand on the family hill will almost double the amount of seats at the stadium.

What do you guys think of this?

I was bored so I counted the amount of seats that are at Brookie using Ticketmaster. It looks like there's about 4,281 seats (not including the reserved GA benches) at our stadium.

This is a lot lower than I was expecting, considering Brookie is meant to hold 23,000 people. So the 3,000 grandstand on the family hill will almost double the amount of seats at the stadium.

I think you take too long between posts! 15 months??

Not sure what I think, except for I can't wait for any upgrades to be completed (started?), and I hope you didn't waste too much time seeing as Happily Manly pasted a link that had done the hard work for you!

aveagreatweekend

I think you really must be bored

That sounds about right.

When the plastic seats were originally installed in 1982, you had 7x14x22 seats in the two stands. That is 7 bays x 14 rows x 22 per row per bay - with two extra seats in the top row of each bay. That is 2170 seats in each, less the space devoted to press boxes.

Since then, six rows (representing 938 seats) were removed in the southern stand to allow for the installation of corporate boxes in 1990. Many if not all of those displaced seats were then installed along the western perimeter.

From 1995 onwards, the corporate and press boxes have gradually taken up more room in the Jane Try, with some offset courtesy of the northern extension several years ago. So there are still around 2000 seats in that stand.

The Arko started with around 1080-1200 seats (slightly harder to count), but was reduced when the new corporate boxes went in back in 2010. Maybe only around 450-600 in the top tier these days.

So there you have it. And yes, on many occasions during halftime or boring stretches of games at Brooky, I have counted the seats.

Rain Man, departing.

Last edited:

I was talking to my old man today who's visiting up from Sydney. We both think it would've been better to spend the money on Rat Park. More parking, way more space and at the end of Powder Works Rd. Brookies a ****ing nightmare to get in and out of.

You’re a champ

I was talking to my old man today who's visiting up from Sydney. We both think it would've been better to spend the money on Rat Park. More parking, way more space and at the end of Powder Works Rd. Brookies a ****ing nightmare to get in and out of.
Yep. We've had this discussion for several years now.
Rat Park, to me, is the only logical solution. It has the space for a large stadium, plenty of car parking options and not many nearby residences who could complain about the development. It's only failing is that it's only served by buses. But, then again, so is Brookie.
Manly Oval is totally unrealistic.

Brookie forever. The fuking residents all knew there was a footy ground there first so fuk'em and built a bloody decent stadium for all the peninsula.

So with a new stand going in shortly at Brookvale along with other improvements, why did this spin off into another Brookvale vs a converted tip at North Narrabeen vs a postage stamp-sized cricket oval at Manly?

Warringah rd has 3 lanes. Pittwater rd 2, and mall buses.

Narrabeen has the 1 lane winding powderworks rd and is further up pittwater rd. Also 1 lane wakehurst parkway.

Brookie is more accessible.

I think you take too long between posts! 15 months??

Not sure what I think, except for I can't wait for any upgrades to be completed (started?), and I hope you didn't waste too much time seeing as Happily Manly pasted a link that had done the hard work for you!

aveagreatweekend

took a while to count all those seats

That sounds about right.

When the plastic seats were originally installed in 1982, you had 7x14x22 seats in the two stands. That is 7 bays x 14 rows x 22 per row per bay - with two extra seats in the top row of each bay. That is 2170 seats in each, less the space devoted to press boxes.

Since then, six rows (representing 938 seats) were removed in the southern stand to allow for the installation of corporate boxes in 1990. Many if not all of those displaced seats were then installed along the western perimeter.

From 1995 onwards, the corporate and press boxes have gradually taken up more room in the Jane Try, with some offset courtesy of the northern extension several years ago. So there are still around 2000 seats in that stand.

The Arko started with around 1080-1200 seats (slightly harder to count), but was reduced when the new corporate boxes went in back in 2010. Maybe only around 450-600 in the top tier these days.

So there you have it. And yes, on many occasions during halftime or boring stretches of games at Brooky, I have counted the seats.

Rain Man, departing.

Would also indicate the new stand will hold approx 3 times the southern stand even though it is about the same size in the artists impressions.....

Also has the new bays in Jane Try ever been full? Always plenty of room when i have been there

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10