BS obstruction and forward pass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Not my go to blame a ref or excuses in general and again yesterday , Manly were their own worst enemy.
But sick of the Elephant in the room.
That crap call to allow DCE to be obstructed and the 3 metre forward pass that followed were absolutely ridiculous.
Yes the runner was at DCE inside shoulder, but the runner must continue through the line....the attacker stopped in the line , after making contact with the defender - 2 clear penalties in any other game I have seen under today's rules.
Shocking 2nd half performance, so Manly no doubt gave them the opportunity to win....but not the right for the referee and touchies to award that try based on the emotion at Leichhardt and that's exactly what happened.

It happened right in front of me and I could literally see the gap created by the obstruction as the outside backs struggled to cope when they realised DCE could not defend. I wasn't even worried when they put the ball down - I thought there was no way in the world it would be awarded.

But that's par for the course unfortunately in the NRL in 2017... I should have known better and we should have been better.

but you won't hear it mentioned on Fox or Nein ... and you won't read about it .... only fake nrl news reports

Not my go to blame a ref or excuses in general and again yesterday , Manly were their own worst enemy.
That crap call to allow DCE to be obstructed and the 3 metre forward pass that followed were absolutely ridiculous.
Yes the runner was at DCE inside shoulder, but the runner must continue through the line....the attacker stopped in the line , after making contact with the defender - 2 clear penalties in any other game I have seen under today's rules.
Shocking 2nd half performance, so Manly no doubt gave them the opportunity to win....but not the right for the referee and touchies to award that try based on the emotion at Leichhardt and that's exactly what happened.

I agree. I'll just head over to nrl.com to see what they say on the matter.

and I'm back.

Wtf are women doing on the touchline anyway? She was right there, unimpeded, clear view and all she is probably thinking is how pretty she looks, and oh i better not upset the home crowd by acting upon what i see. Dumb bimbo should be refereeing girls games not men!
Retro round was last week mate.

Wtf are women doing on the touchline anyway? She was right there, unimpeded, clear view and all she is probably thinking is how pretty she looks, and oh i better not upset the home crowd by acting upon what i see. Dumb bimbo should be refereeing girls games not men!

ezgif.com-resize (1).gif

And they got up the field after the ridiculous penalty on Uate at the other end for 'tackling in the air'!
Having said that, we were rubbish.
Do we have a defence coach?

As I said in the match day thread, we contributed massively to our own downfall yesterday. No one is denying that.

But the fact remains we would have dodged that bullet were it not for the 79th minute incompetence of the officials. I'm still seething. The Tigpies couldn't get there on their own so they just chipped in with the little boost they needed.

Turtle could have got past him - he gave it up in the hope of getting an obstruction call. Piss poor play by him.. Deserved to be let go by the refs.. Was a good call.

I haven't put my tin foil hat on yet...(we were terrible in the second half). But the obstruction rule is something that gets me wound up every time I watch a game now.

From NRL (albeit from 2013)
The indicators for an obstruction include:
1. ‘Block’* or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not stop in the middle of the defensive line
2. ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not run at (chest or outside shoulder of) defender and initiate contact
3. Ball Carriers must not run behind an active ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner and disadvantage the defensive line (ie a defender cannot be expected to defend against this play)

Attacking teams always have runners standing in the defensive line or running directly at defenders and it is never penalised. Just standing in the middle of the line affects a defenders ability to see, make decisions and adjust defensivly. On top of this the rules are way to complicated - why did the video ref take so long to deliberate on the try if there was nothing there and then there was the 10 minute explanation from Gus on why it was a certain try. If the rules were clear we wouldn't need to be told and really that's how it should be.

Surely the current rules can be simplified to something like:
1. An attacking player attempting a decoy run must not impede the ability to defend of an opposition player and must continue through the defensive line unless otherwise impeded by a defensive player
2. The player with the ball must not pass the ball or run behind another attacking player who has not cleared the defensive line.

We had one pulled up in the first half where the dummy runner had gone thru their line with no obstruction yet it was penalised.
Still doesn't make the call on Turtle wrong. He was lazy & you get what you get. He's thinks he's owed a living. Same as blowing up when he has a one on one strip against him last week. This is first grade. If he'd been genuinelytrying to get past the defender to make a play then things would have been different. take the dive & you get what you get..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8