BS obstruction and forward pass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was only a certain try to Gould because it directly benefited the Panthers. Do you think if it was the Riff in our position and it had been Cleary obstructed he would have said it was a fair try? He'd have been on one of his rants about how the game is over-officiated.
And this is what s**ts me the most about the game right now. The rules have become over complicated and what's worse over analysed. With over 30 years of watching the game I feel I have less of an idea about which way a penalty will go now than when I was 6.

The decoy runner is allowed to hit the inside shoulder of the defending player if the defending player initiated contact.
If DCE had of stood still then it would be an obstruction but he moved to the right and initiated a tackle with his inside shoulder.
According to the rules it's not an obstruction. I didn't think it was one either on Tv.
You never know with the bunker, was hoping for a classic bunker blunder

If DCE had of stood still then it would be an obstruction but he moved to the right and initiated a tackle with his inside shoulder.
blunder
So DCE should have remained stationary to avoid the opposition player rather than allowing the defensive line to slide in the direction of the ball movement?
I agree that it was a fair try (under the current rules) but I don't agree with the way these rules currently work (or don't work).

The decoy runner is allowed to hit the inside shoulder of the defending player if the defending player initiated contact.
According to the rules it's not an obstruction. I didn't think it was one either on Tv.
You never know with the bunker, was hoping for a classic bunker blunder
The runner still collided with DCE who did not charge in and was only holding his lane, not charging in so do agree that part is debatable ..... the bigger issue is part 2 where by the rules, the runner must run through the line - he basically stopped at the line - this is classic obstruction.
The pass was 2-3 metres forward with s touchie 5 metres away directly in line.

Blatant obstruction. Chee Kam stood in the defensive line and Tedesco ran behind him. Even if Tedesco was unsighted for a second, with his speed it's enough to hinder DCE's judgment, forcing Walker to come in and create the overlap. Blake Green got pinged for a classic shepherd in the first half (correctly), but going off the last try it should've been play on.

Whether its right or wrong It happens in so many games sometimes it will be ruled one way other times its ruled differently again The officiating in games under Archer has been atrocious The bunker is a fail The Try No try Call is a joke if the referee didnt get a clear look why say try or no try all these new concepts to help referee's is failing
Its a hope and wish every week that your team dosen't get dudded

I haven't seen a penalty for this (in the NRL) in at least 10 years

The indicators for an obstruction include:
1. ‘Block’* or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not stop in the middle of the defensive line
2. ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not run at (chest or outside shoulder of) defender and initiate contact
3. Ball Carriers must not run behind an active ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner and disadvantage the defensive line (ie a defender cannot be expected to defend against this play)

Rule 1 of your original post

Friggen video ref should have used some common sense by watching ALL of the final play, the final pass was a mile forward for all to see except the touchie of course and the obstruction was 50/50 at best. The video refs should have ruled not try for the obstruction and if that caused any Angst the general rugby league supporter would have said the final pass was a mile forward anyway.

A VERY SIMPLE decision was to made by the video ref but when he realised we are not the Storm or the Broncos it became difficult and he got confused.

Friggen video ref should have used some common sense by watching ALL of the final play, the final pass was a mile forward for all to see except the touchie of course and the obstruction was 50/50 at best. The video refs should have ruled not try for the obstruction and if that caused any Angst the general rugby league supporter would have said the final pass was a mile forward anyway.

A VERY SIMPLE decision was to made by the video ref but when he realised we are not the Storm or the Broncos it became difficult and he got confused.

I've got my tinfoil hat on, but here is the NRL's problem in terms of perception.

I'm not 100 per cent sure it was a text book obstruction. But had it been Storm in our shoes, with Cameron Smith there, there's no way it would have been awarded.

Then looking at other clubs, I'm confident that Broncos, roosters, bulldogs, eels, and panthers would also have got a decision in their favour. These are clubs that either have influential figureheads or are absolutely in the NRL's plans for the future iteration of the competition.

The remaining clubs either have little influence, are not in the NRL's preferred future, or are safe anyway, so their success or otherwise doesn't really matter.

Am I right? Probably not. But that doesn't matter. I believe that certain clubs get favourable treatment on and off the field. And that's what matters.

It was an obstruction 100%, try should not have been awarded.

The runner impeded Chez's chance to defend which then had a flow on affect and created an overlap, full stop.
It was as clear as day, he was impeded, left shoulder, front or right shoulder whatever it was, that is debatable anyway. What is not debatable however is that the runner went straight at Chez, it was a ploy, a cheating obstruction ploy and the officials let them get away with cheating.

And for anyone thinking Chez was to blame for this I definitely do not agree. The runner got in his way, simple obstruction really. Not Chez's fault one bit, if I was him I would have truly lost it, absolutely disgusting officiating.

And honestly, it is truly astounding that this is even a question as to whether it was an obstruction or not.

We were screwed over people, no doubt about it.

The obstruction rule truly is a lottery these days. That try yesterday could easily have been disallowed as much as it was given. Forward passes are ignored 99 percent of the time and then one gets called by the refs like what happened to Tommy yesterday when he put our guy away with a great pass, denying Manly a chance to score as there were 2 unmarked guys waiting for the final pass. It is inevitable that a grand final is going to be decided as a result of this.

By the end of next round there will be a decision made that is in direct contradiction of the one made on Sunday.

And that, Sir Greensnot, is what the fans can't abide. NRL....the National Rulebook Lottery.

I truly hope that one day, a grand final is decided by a poor decision. It's the only way the NRL will take the fans' (and coaches who are continually getting screwed over) concerns over this lottery seriously.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8