Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technical Coach said:
Can we all just "like" each others posts feel the high of clicking on that little plus sign of self esteem boosting energy and shout each other a beer.

So the person you hate most or close to the most just offer them a like it's not hard and it might do them the world of good.

I will start with River and Dan does it work with people who I think have blocked me lol.

Actually that is one river too far for me to travel one like will do for Dan since I need to suck up to the owner lol.

Only 4 hates(likes) so far and here I am thinking by now I would be popping pills to help deal with all the hatred.

Life is good being a Recruitment Officer I think I might sign up for real this time hehehe.

swoop said:
Can we also ban anyone who is posting on this site whilst wearing a burqa:)

or having a beard or wearing a hat, I don't know who's who anymore:)

Is that you Mr Abbott?

After yesterday, and Dan posting what he did, I thought I'd give ST a 24 hour rest, sort of like a self ban.

I came on never thinking Id see another whole page on this thread and jeez I wish now Id never even mentioned my suspicions.

I'm truly sorry now I did as this thread, which started out as a positive signing story is now almost " Kieran Forum" like and knee deep in absolute crap.

Time for everyone to settle and talk about something dear to our hearts , just how fantastic this Sundays game between two of our favourite alternative sides is going to be.

Me, I'm going for the sinkhole!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
After yesterday, and Dan posting what he did, I thought I'd give ST a 24 hour rest, sort of like a self ban.

I came on never thinking Id see another whole page on this thread and jeez I wish now Id never even mentioned my suspicions.

I'm truly sorry now I did as this thread, which started out as a positive signing story is now almost " Kieran Forum" like and knee deep in absolute crap.

Time for everyone to settle and talk about something dear to our hearts , just how fantastic this Sundays game between two of our favourite alternative sides is going to be.

Me, I'm going for the sinkhole!!

Mark, this is why we can't have nice things Hahahaha

Just kidding mate these things happen from time to time.

All good buddy

RiverEagle said:
Thanks @globaleagle and @Harry

I'd like to add, I also took the time to do the Silvertails Survey this week (honestly but with respect).

Just a little bit back my way would help.

I'm outta' here. (PS @Bomack44 focusing on the 6 re-signings WAS how I kicked-off in this Thread. Have a loser look back to see where it went awry).
Just curious. What is a loser look? Is that taking a look at something thru your eyes and not mine ;)

"Closer" look @Bomack44 (the perspective is optional)

And @"Chip and Chase" I mean being able to delete our whole account if we want to. (Not just leave it there permanently if anyone no longer wants to be affiliated here). *If there's an option for US to be "permanently banned" or temporarily, we deserve that same option from our side-of-the-table.

I know it's up to Us how much or little we share in our profiles. (If U feel strongly that we're entitled to as much privacy on the 'Net, I agree).

That's why I contacted Dan directly, as I know for a fact some of my personal info has been "shared" without consent. As usual his response was, Nothing I can do about it/Go read the T and C's. And, it may even be useful for U (the Leadership Group) to be aware of certain personal details, of mine.

No. That's mine, and my discretion alone, whom I choose to share my personal life with here. (So U actually contradict Dan's opinion there, regarding member's privacy rights).

As I've said, this is the only web-site I've ever seen or been part of, where U can't remove your whole account if U wish. (If I feel strongly enough on principle I've done it before). Not many times in 10yrs of 'Net life; but it should be in any upgraded software or platform in future, IMO.

I don't mind sharing basic info here, including a picture of myself. (It's all on Facebook anyway). But how much I share is my right and choice (as U said yourself).

Mark from Brisbane said:

Meh, Pretty sure I mentioned it wasn't 'him' well before you. Even offered $$$$$$ for proof otherwise. As for self bannings!!! Sacrilege! Everyone is entitled to our opinions! lol

Party on!

cute puppy pic

Cute_Puppy.png

RiverEagle said:

And @"Chip and Chase" I mean being able to delete our whole account if we want to. (Not just leave it there permanently if anyone no longer wants to be affiliated here). *If there's an option for US to be "permanently banned" or temporarily, we deserve that same option from our side-of-the-table.

I know it's up to Us how much or little we share in our profiles. (If U feel strongly that we're entitled to as much privacy on the 'Net, I agree).

That's why I contacted Dan directly, as I know for a fact some of my personal info has been "shared" without consent. As usual his response was, Nothing I can do about it/Go read the T and C's. And, it may even be useful for U (the Leadership Group) to be aware of certain personal details, of mine.

No. That's mine, and my discretion alone, whom I choose to share my personal life with here. (So U actually contradict Dan's opinion there, regarding member's privacy rights).

As I've said, this is the only web-site I've ever seen or been part of, where U can't remove your whole account if U wish. (If I feel strongly enough on principle I've done it before). Not many times in 10yrs of 'Net life; but it should be in any upgraded software or platform in future, IMO.

I don't mind sharing basic info here, including a picture of myself. (It's all on Facebook anyway). But how much I share is my right and choice (as U said yourself).

Cry me a River.

RiverEagle said:

Actually deleting your own account is an option only wholly profile based sites offer. Very few sites and particularly forums offer this. There are many reasons for this mainly that deleting an account ends up with orphaned content which becomes difficult to handle and can actually make for resource deficiencies.

Further to this the data I.e. Your posts are content of the site if I remove all your posts and account all of a sudden there are major continuity issues in posts and we then somehow have to account for places where you have been quoted.

It isn't a feature of man forum software it is a feature of Facebook and email neither of which this site is.

Don't believe me? Go sear "self delete <forum software> the only way to do it is to add a plugin and plugins are the root of all evil so we try to use as few as possible. But hey I am sure you are right, all sites but this one offer that.....whatever.

I can make it simple and close your account to read only or ban you completely if you like it's a simple thing for me to do and I'm kind of sick of being told what this site should do and how it should operate simply to suit you, you'll notice that there isn't a ground swell of people that share your misguided view.

Who is it?

Who is it that tries to disrupt, destroy or change newsgroups to fit their own agendas?

To do this, they often use such techniques as:

* flooding by excessive posting
* attacking regulars in a group
* attempt to divide and conquer
* making themselves the savior of the group
* trying to impress others with their knowledge
* threaten people
* spreading rumours
* violating newsgroup policies
* posting under many aliases
* disguising their headers

They often have serious personal issues that lead them to try to control others and don't hang around in newsgroups where people don't respond to their rants.

Yes, I'm talking about Trolls but there is one user around here that certainly ticks a lot of the the same boxes as far as I'm concerned. I will leave you all to guess who it is that I'm talking about.

Thanks @Dan for the platform clarification. You've already told me that. I merely said after being threatened with being banned for "harrassment" by @SeaEagleRock8 I re-iterized my opinion, we should have the option (to remove our account). And U know as well as I do that many sites do have it (whatever is necessary should be in your upgraded software or platform IMO).

As for others being disillusioned along the same lines, there are quite a few. (I can give U a list @Dan if they give me permission).

They've simply given up posting or PM privately, or both.

And regarding @Jethro and the over-the-top comparison. @"Mark from Brisbane" and @Bearfax have been far more vocal in this thread than me (if flooding is a problem). I'm doing nothing more than speaking my mind, and have been doing it less and less since I've been crook and Manly are done.
I'm not trying to "impress" "divide" or "threaten" anyone. (AND I can guarantee U I don't and never would bother with an "alias").

I've actually been contacted 1st here in private far more, including from several Moderators. @SeaEagleRock8 PM'd me out-of-the-blue to remove "Lest we Forget" from a Post on Anzac Day......(He then went on to constantly have a dig at me so I finally gave it back). Same with @"Jatz Crackers"and @Matabele on the Forums. (AND, I forgot to add @"Kiwi Eagle" and I clashed briefly before I even knew he was in the Leadership Group). But that was quickly resolved.

U Mods ask to be treated and be able to post like an average member, but then cry foul when we do (or we get the spiel about how generous U guys are for doing it). So if I'm being told to not bother here if it's too negative (which I am doing) that should apply to any Mods that find the role too hard. All I'd like is more consistency, or fairness, that's all.

I've also been contacted by @ManlyBacker and @niccipops (both supportive and friendly over Technical Coach's derogatory attitude to mental-illnesses). Or simply other brief chats with @ManlyBacker.

And @Mals did the same for various friendly chats. (So THAT'S the whole or fuller version of events as I see it). As well as all the other positive posts and Threads I've contributed anyway.

(PS: As always @Kevinward777 feel free to PM me if you'd like to continue the discussion in any appropriate way.)

RiverEagle said:
Thanks @Dan for the platform clarification. You've already told me that. I merely said after being threatened with being banned for "harrassment" by @SeaEagleRock8 I re-iterized my opinion, we should have the option (to remove our account). And U know as well as I do that many sites do have it (whatever is necessary should be in your upgraded software or platform IMO).

As for others being disillusioned along the same lines, there are quite a few. (I can give U a list @Dan if they give me permission).

They've simply given up posting or PM privately, or both.

And regarding @Jethro and the over-the-top comparison. @"Mark from Brisbane" and @Bearfax have been far more vocal in this thread than me (if flooding is a problem). I'm doing nothing more than speaking my mind, and have been doing it less and less since I've been crook and Manly are done.
I'm not trying to "impress" "divide" or "threaten" anyone. (AND I can guarantee U I don't and never would bother with an "alias").

I've actually been contacted 1st here in private far more, including from several Moderators. @SeaEagleRock8 PM'd me out-of-the-blue to remove "Lest we Forget" from a Post on Anzac Day......(He then went on to constantly have a dig at me so I finally gave it back). Same with @"Jatz Crackers"and @Matabele on the Forums. (AND, I forgot to add @"Kiwi Eagle" and I clashed briefly before I even knew he was in the Leadership Group). But that was quickly resolved.

U Mods ask to be treated and be able to post like an average member, but then cry foul when we do (or we get the spiel about how generous U guys are for doing it). So if I'm being told to not bother here if it's too negative (which I am doing) that should apply to any Mods that find the role too hard. All I'd like is more consistency, or fairness, that's all.

I've also been contacted by @ManlyBacker and @niccipops (both supportive and friendly over Technical Coach's derogatory attitude to mental-illnesses). Or simply other brief chats with @ManlyBacker.

And @Mals did the same for various friendly chats. (So THAT'S the whole or fuller version of events as I see it). As well as all the other positive posts and Threads I've contributed anyway.

(PS: As always @Kevinward777 feel free to PM me if you'd like to continue the discussion in any appropriate way.)

Aaaaaah Okay

Hi everyone. I'm George Toovey, head coach of the Manly Westfield Sea Hawks.

I love this forum and I love my club but lets all try and remain civil while keeping the great discussion alive through the off season.

Hugs and kisses,

George.

How many times do you need to be told. If I have informed you of that before why are you asking me again and pushing the point.

So let's make it clearer you now have a warning, next step is the banning you so richly want. It appears you actually have justified exactly what jethro had said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8