Can Manly win the 2024 Premiership after beating the 3 time Premiers Penrith at Brookie today?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Far too premature to talk about winning the comp.

A lot of good things happened today, fantastic reaction from last weeks bad performance, some really committed players today took it to the champions. No doubt though without Cleary they are not quite as lethal and the real test is how Manly perform next week. What will they learn from the last time we had a big win against the Chooks!

Early days but we don’t feel like contenders to me, and sadly haven’t since 2014. Anything can happen of course, but my feeling is if we can get into 4th or 5th this year we may be able to give it a shake next year.

Burbo played very well today against Panthers.
He obviously needs to maintain that standard.
Yeah agree. But he is relatively young and developing, so I’d expect these ebbs and flows at this early stage. This is really the first time we are seeing him having a good run with his health and fitness, allowing him to put together some ongoing first grade games. His heart and attitude is right (say compared to what we are seeing with Schu ATM)… that makes for resilient and champion teams. He needs time and belief to continue growing

Listen not to get too ahead of ourselves, but Penrith will always be the benchmark team until their crown gets knocked off. What we did to do them is something not many sides have been able to do during these dynasty years. Parra have managed to do it a few times in regular season matches but that's all I can really think of. We just bullied them through the middle and rattled their whole system that normally would get them home. It's a win to be very proud of but it's a long season and we need to build on this. Because if this is what we are capable of, we are the real deal for sure.

Far too premature to talk about winning the comp.

A lot of good things happened today, fantastic reaction from last weeks bad performance, some really committed players today took it to the champions. No doubt though without Cleary they are not quite as lethal and the real test is how Manly perform next week. What will they learn from the last time we had a big win against the Chooks!
Also real test will come in round 14
June 9th 4:00pm Panthers at bluebet stadium
4 days after origin 1

Nathan back and Panthers home crowd
They are a different beast at home like us.
Don't get me wrong yesterday's performance was great but playing at home essy to get up for that peformance.

We are still way too inconsistent between our best and worse performances.

Warriors next week will be a good indicator for us, good teams put back to back performances in and we need to start doing this.

Last edited:
Can Manly Win the 2024 Premiership ?
If we can keep winning we can
Consistency is the Key
1712432741245.png

I have no doubt that there is the makings of a very good football team wearing maroon and white and I am absolutely amazed that Luke Brooks (a guy I did not rate as a player for the better part of a decade) is the reason our team looks an actual premiership contender now… he might not do it himself but he gives us real strike power on either side of the ruck and he engages the line so well…
Brooks has been very, very good for us. I always feel confident when he's got the ball because he is just such a beautifully orthodox half. He looks like he's been playing and studying rugby league (and specifically halfback play) for his entire life. Whereas Cherry, for all his experience and skill, sometimes looks like the game is completely new to him.

His defence has also been excellent. That was my big worry with his play, but it just hasn't been an issue. He tackles and communicates really well.

Brooks has been very, very good for us. I always feel confident when he's got the ball because he is just such a beautifully orthodox half. He looks like he's been playing and studying rugby league (and specifically halfback play) for his entire life. Whereas Cherry, for all his experience and skill, sometimes looks like the game is completely new to him.

His defence has also been excellent. That was my big worry with his play, but it just hasn't been an issue. He tackles and communicates really well.
Agree to an extent REG… Brooks has been given a simple role to play on that left hand side and he is doing it beautifully… Chez is our playmaker so you have to expect a bit of rocks and diamonds - comes with the territory…

Chez’s kicking in general play is massive for us because of the distance and (generally) accuracy that he has… Brooks has been fantastic but if you go back and watch him for the tigpies you will see that, as the playmaker, he made a lot more errors and was under a lot more pressure (opposition cannot target everyone but they sure as sh*t target the chief playmaker)

I was a massive hater on Brooks and Moses when at the tigpies cause their defence was next-level sh*thouse… turnstiles of the highest order… but Brooks had really improved in the 2 years prior to signing with us so I was not concerned (I watch waaaay too many tigpies games lol)… meanwhile, Moses has become one of the strongest defensive halves in the game at squeels…

There is hope for Schu yet…

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8