Can't have it both ways!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
The Schuster conundrum (his exceptional potential, his glimpses of immortality, his lack of effort, and his ultimate disappointment - SO FAR) is something we should all keep in the back of our minds next time an amazing/gun junior leaves the club.

I think about the Fainu's and the response online/in person of people who demanded that the club lock the brothers up 'long term' (ultimately based on potential). Imagine if we have locked them in to long term deals similar to Schuster, and this time next year we are in this situation again?

this is by no means a criticism of anyone (either or recruitment team, our Coach, our CEO, or the fans.... hell, I am not even criticising Schuster!). Some times players just don't work out. Some times its not worth signing on potential. Sometimes buying a 30 year old with a track record (like Brooks) is actually good business.....

So - just remember - next time you plan to go bananas and say the coach is useless and the club is rubbish and we are a disgrace etc - when the club DID what you wanted, this was how it turned out too..... so chill out a little.

Also - for those who wanted #FlannoOut when he signed for the Dragons. The irony here is - he may now be our lifeline to take Schuster to the Dragons.... would that have happened if we marched him 2-3 months ago? I guess we will never know.... but I am glad he stayed!

Gotta love how things can work out - always worth taking time and perspective on things.

Go you Eagles - #SeiboldIn

The Schuster conundrum (his exceptional potential, his glimpses of immortality, his lack of effort, and his ultimate disappointment - SO FAR) is something we should all keep in the back of our minds next time an amazing/gun junior leaves the club.

I think about the Fainu's and the response online/in person of people who demanded that the club lock the brothers up 'long term' (ultimately based on potential). Imagine if we have locked them in to long term deals similar to Schuster, and this time next year we are in this situation again?

this is by no means a criticism of anyone (either or recruitment team, our Coach, our CEO, or the fans.... hell, I am not even criticising Schuster!). Some times players just don't work out. Some times its not worth signing on potential. Sometimes buying a 30 year old with a track record (like Brooks) is actually good business.....

So - just remember - next time you plan to go bananas and say the coach is useless and the club is rubbish and we are a disgrace etc - when the club DID what you wanted, this was how it turned out too..... so chill out a little.

Also - for those who wanted #FlannoOut when he signed for the Dragons. The irony here is - he may now be our lifeline to take Schuster to the Dragons.... would that have happened if we marched him 2-3 months ago? I guess we will never know.... but I am glad he stayed!

Gotta love how things can work out - always worth taking time and perspective on things.

Go you Eagles - #SeiboldIn

How is taking Schuster to the Dragons a positive? I don't even know what to say to that dribble.

You watch him bloom next season. You'll be eating crow I just know it.

Lastly, of one of the senior members of the coaching staff are committed elsewhere, there is no wonder apathy runs through the group. Look at our results since he signed.

@Ryan thank you for classifying my opinions as 'dribble'. I will look past the insult and address the comments;

we are about to have a $800k player (who signed for 'less' for 4 years) dropped for the second time in 4 months. I entirely understand that there are sometimes personal things that affect performance in a professional setting - and as I say, I am not BLAMING him. But to have a player paid that much money, and to not be playing him because of effort is pretty damning. Something is not working, something is not right. Surely you don't think he should be chosen in first grade based on his recent PERFORMANCES?

For the players sake - I hope he finds his form - either here at Manly, or somewhere else. No one will take him on his current form other than (perhaps) the dragons.... and that would only be because of Flanno - not because of Schusters efforts.

fair enough - you think Schuster will be a success. I hope you are right - as we can all see the potential. My POINT is that maybe we shouldn't be so quick to pounce on potential - maybe we need to see performance too before we throw around big bucks.

This is why DCE is so amazing - he deserves every $$$ he gets. on actual performance and longevity (not to mention fitness and brand/reputation).

Anyway. We can agree to disagree - I hope this time next year he is the Daly M backrower of the year, and we are nailed on to top 4.

Way overdue to cut with potential talk, have a look at some individual results for the last two years, who is contributing and who is not. We have some real genuine competitors in this team, he isn't one one of them. The next step after blowing 800k on a dud is not being able to pay enough for someone who IS doing their job, a double loss. That's the real issue here if we want to be more competitive, this contract puts us back a long way. Great organisations are managed at the very top, this contract, along with the fact we still have the ringleader of the boycott last year at the club, show a clear lack of leadership and control. Imagine asking your players to aim up in an army camp for three days and then rewarding below average commitment identified by the club captain with an 800 K contract. If its clear to me , what's the player group think ? Maybe management should do the training camp this year.

How is taking Schuster to the Dragons a positive? I don't even know what to say to that dribble.

You watch him bloom next season. You'll be eating crow I just know it.

Lastly, of one of the senior members of the coaching staff are committed elsewhere, there is no wonder apathy runs through the group. Look at our results since he signed.
Speaking of dribble you criticise Jake for being overweight and slow and are lauding potentially the laziest player in the comp in Schuster. You are the consummate dribbler.

While I don't necessarily agree with Harmless on the Fainu's his post is at least thoughtful.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8