• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Vancouver Canucks have signed Swedish right wing Anton Rodin to a one-year, one-way contract, the team announced Tuesday. His deal is worth $950,000, reports Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman.

Rodin, a 2nd round draft pick of the Canucks in 2009, has been playing in Sweden’s SHL for the last three seasons. This year, captaining Brynäs IF Gavle, the 25-year-old scored 16 goals and 37 points. He was also given the Golden Helmet Award as the league’s Most Valuable Player.

Prior to returning to the SHL, he played two seasons in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves, scoring 14 goals and 41 points through 111 games.

Rodin will join the Canucks next season

http://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-sign-anton-rodin/

sigh

1969-1970 season (when there were only 2 canadian teams)

so.....46 years!

:(

Pretty sad, are they copping it from the media ?

Sorry mate, I was actually away watching the nucks lose another game.

It's made the media a lot for sure and each localised media have different levels of annoyance with their teams.

Like oilers - well they are still re-building after 10 years!

canucks - mgt got rid of all the good players and basically no one over 22 can play

ottawa - the owner wont spend money on players

leafs - always angry with their lack of performance no matter what

habs - started this season 9-0 (or something like that) but have crumbled like nothing else.

winnipeg - ah well...work in progress

calgary flames - omg oil prices are falling...who cares about hockey?!?!?!

I think that about sums it up!!

:)

Thanks for that report. I was watching the canucks game too (here not there), helps when I am my own boss and have nhl.tv on my computer @;)

Thanks for that report. I was watching the canucks game too (here not there), helps when I am my own boss and have nhl.tv on my computer @;)

hahaha... that does help!

Yes playing the san jose sharks, which our coach once said we would win all five games against them.

we are 1 from 4 and we play them again tomorrow.

sigh.

hopefully we're just tanking to get a good chance at the number one draft pick for next year.

In our last game of the season....

Canucks defeat the oilers 4-3 in a shootout

who will be here next year? who will go?

The season highlight.....the fact the sedin twins didn't ask to be traded.

what a total **** show.

The lowest amount of goals scored by far (approx 10)

And generally....completely stupid decisions by mgt to totally **** up a good team.

Terrible, terrible season.

Hey GE, do they blow up about the situation room in the NHL the same as everyone is blowing up about the bunker here ?
Watching from afar the NHL seem to have it right

Hey GE, do they blow up about the situation room in the NHL the same as everyone is blowing up about the bunker here ?
Watching from afar the NHL seem to have it right

No, not at all. I think for a number of reasons but mainly....The rink is smaller than a footy field so less cameras cover the whole rink. Plus there's no forward pass rule so that's taken out of it. Most of the rules are clear cut so..."where they past that line or not?"

Another reason seems to be the culture of the game - captains just don't go and blow up at the refs....and refs don't yell at the players (like cummings did to lyons in the game against the eels)

Excessive yelling can get you a game misconduct meaning you're outta there for the whole game as well.

Plus the 2 min 'sin bin' is used a ton of times most games so every keeps quiet.

A big one is....the media aren't a bunch of agenda driven hacks determined to undermine everything the nrl does.....just because newscorp doesn't run the game anymore. There's also a ton more commentators for the games...not like 5 in the nrl so agendas are harder to push.

Quite often there's 30+ shots on goal from both teams so one bunker decision won't make the difference.

Lastly....the nrl is probably the worst run sporting organisation I've ever seen in terms of professionalism....but I think the bunker is a good step in the right direction....they just have to learn how to use it properly.

:)

Two come from behinds wins coming from the opening games ,have actually been good games to watch.Bit tougher ask tonight playing the St Louis blues .

The own goal against the flames was kind of funny. Last year we had something like 20 games going to overtime. Happy not to see that this year!

Yup, the blues are 3 from 3 and will be tougher.

Hey! Someone swapped out your avatar!

Yeah ,busy week here .Our third arrived this week ,first girl and thought her nestled into the maroon and white was a thing of beauty.

Yeah ,busy week here .Our third arrived this week ,first girl and thought her nestled into the maroon and white was a thing of beauty.

Well congratulations! Sounds like everything went well which is awesome.

The canucks celebrated your third with their third win...in overtime...again!

Nucks haven't lead in regulation at all this season yet. lol.

It's an adorable avatar and no one will notice in this thread. About 3 people look at it.

Congrats again and....get some sleep!

True, having a good start to the season. I went and watched the training camp 'scrimmage' when it was at whistler. No big names but still good to see some damn good players up close.

Nice .
Got a good chance tonight also.
4from4...
Am liking Gaunce's hustle ,seems to be getting better each game .

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6