Captain for 2017?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I started this same threat a little while back saying Jake should be our next captain after Lyon retires. Funny enough most people shut down my idea of Jake being captain with DCE being the people choice at the time.

Nate Myles will get the gig.

He'll play 3 blinders for Qld in the next few weeks.

Personally I'd go co-captains Jake T & Nate Myles.

Depends on who is there.If BStewart stays on,no chance DCE will be captain but no point Stewart taking over for just 1 year where he is likely to be in and out of the side through injury.Id go with Buhrer,but not sure what the hierarchy's opinion of him is if you believe the press that they tried to off load him before this season

Love Jake as a player, but he might be a touch too 'nice' for the Captain gig. Saw that when Beaver became Captain. It will be DCE, no doubt it was laid out clause 14 in his lifetime deal.

Id like to restore the tradition of winger captains, so I'd go with Williame.
Yep. In the great footsteps of Warren Boland. I reckon DCE will get it. He might prove a bit polarizing though. Bit like Michael Clark

Jamie Buhrer.
Let DCE do the job of the halfback, which is to be a leader anyway.

I wouldn't be upset if Jake got the gig though. But he might be a bit in the Beaver category where it never sat right with him.

I started this same threat a little while back saying Jake should be our next captain after Lyon retires. Funny enough most people shut down my idea of Jake being captain with DCE being the people choice at the time.

Ben you were just too far ahead of your time. People needed to ruminate, regurgitate and then masticate over the idea. They had to wait a little and then go with their gut.

Ben you were just too far ahead of your time. People needed to ruminate, regurgitate and then masticate over the idea. They had to wait a little and then go with their gut.

Not me. I had to urinate, masta....te, then vegetate.

I think this depends on the sort of year that Snake, Jake, Ferris and Turtle have. What's wrong with Snake for 1 yr, and Jake as VC, then in 2018, Jake steps up, and Tom is VC. I just can't see DCE leading anyone into battle. But he could play blinders for the next 15 matches and convince everyone. Can't see it happening though.

If Snake is still playing, the Snake and Jake show as co-captains. Transition year for both players. Snake to retirement and Jake receives the baton to lead us to future Maroon and White glory.
I hear triumphant music playing. There's a sea of maroon and white flags. I see opposition players crying in the aftermath.
The future is coming and Manly is holding the trophy......

Such a long time away.
We need our culture
er .. there is only one serious choice.
Buhrer.
(hope I spelled it right)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10