Captains Challenge - Parra (Gutherson) blatant cheats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
I was at the game (unfortunately) on Saturday and besides what was an unacceptable effort by the team I noticed that in the 2nd Half Parramatta had a Captians challenge when the Referrer ruled a knock-on. Now I know you can have a captain's challenge but not after looking at the big screen and then making the call. It was so blatant and should not have been allowed. Pretty sure Manly players questioned the referee about it! The NRL (the I don't care mob) should at least fine the Parra club and also King Gutho (yuk) for un-sportsmanship conduct. At the very least replays should not be allowed on the big screen moving forward !!

By the way doesn't he (Gutherson) carry on like a goose in every game, waving his arms around, questioning every decision and just thinking he owns the place?

I was at the game (unfortunately) on Saturday and besides what was an unacceptable effort by the team I noticed that in the 2nd Half Parramatta had a Captians challenge when the Referrer ruled a knock-on. Now I know you can have a captain's challenge but not after looking at the big screen and then making the call. It was so blatant and should not have been allowed. Pretty sure Manly players questioned the referee about it! The NRL (the I don't care mob) should at least fine the Parra club and also King Gutho (yuk) for un-sportsmanship conduct. At the very least replays should not be allowed on the big screen moving forward !!

By the way doesn't he (Gutherson) carry on like a goose in every game, waving his arms around, questioning every decision and just thinking he owns the place?
Perhaps. But do you think he's as good as Weekes?

That decision was unbelievable, well past the time allowed and had a viewing on the screen, horrendous process failure

I was watching the game recorded and deleted it at that point after already fast forwarding a lot of the play

Yeah reffing was just laughable and always is when we play the eels there. Last year and 2020 was just as bad if not worse and actually cost us the two points.

At least on sat night the reffing didn’t stop us getting the win as we were just disgraceful.

Hopefully we turn it around on Saturday night in Melbourne

Allowing that challenge was a fuking rort.
We were at the game and Parra legit watched the replay on the big screen, then challenged.
The Manly bay was seething.
How that was allowed to happen was a disgrace.

Last edited:
That decision was unbelievable, well past the time allowed and had a viewing on the screen, horrendous process failure

I was watching the game recorded and deleted it at that point after already fast forwarding a lot of the play
If I recall correctly, If Saab holds onto the ball, there would have been no captains challenge.

That was a disgrace. The time had elapsed twice over.

But what's with the rule allowing a strip just because the player is in the in goal area ? Sipley, (I think) was a metre from the ground so how was he in the act of scoring ?

That was a disgrace. The time had elapsed twice over.

But what's with the rule allowing a strip just because the player is in the in goal area ? Sipley, (I think) was a metre from the ground so how was he in the act of scoring ?
That strip was penalised in the earlier game as the ball carrier was upright and still on his feet the ref said, commentators said if the attackers in the in goal isn't he in the act of scoring, so identical situations but different rulings.

You'd think the whistle clown who allowed it would be sanctioned but hey it's the NRL , we all expected it and got the usual fiasco decisions there's no surprise really.

He's like an escaped mental patient.

You'd think the whistle clown who allowed it would be sanctioned but hey it's the NRL , we all expected it and got the usual fiasco decisions there's no surprise really.
It should never happen and Parra should be sanctioned but No the NRL as usual will put their collective big heads in the sand and do nothing about it! I'm slowly and surely getting over this game.

Let's face it; we hate Gutho because we know he should be playing for Manly and be hated by Doesn'tmatta supporters.
Unfortunately he is probably the most influential non-SOS player in the NRL. I always fear a Doesn'tmatta side when he's in it because he is a winner.

He's like an escaped mental patient.
1687145349198.png

I can see how that will pan out.......

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8