Cartwright to the dogs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It may not be politically correct to lose your cool but I love seeing our coach blowing a gasket during the game. Tooves want for an investigation and Dessie's doorgate only made me respect them more.
To his credit I've seen Barrett slowly buying into the concept but at this point in time Cartwright just seems kind of vacant.

Can you specify what part confuses you....
Did you watch any games?
Yes I did and thanks for asking... U said Trent was a better coach than what most people think. I'm not the only one that would be curious what that comment was based on. Enlighten us ignorant folk.

Yes I did and thanks for asking... U said Trent was a better coach than what most people think. I'm not the only one that would be curious what that comment was based on. Enlighten us ignorant folk.
Most are not ignorant....judging by those liking the original post, it appears most folk get it....but just for you asking nicely.....
Barrett when questioned on rugby league in itself, breaks it down very well
As a motivator still very green, though it was his first year and with the constant injuries....any established coach would struggle to lift that squad consistently.
My main thing is the results from 2016 were not a fair indication of his ability....by mid 2017 without 10 injuries all will be clearer.

Most are not ignorant....judging by those liking the original post, it appears most folk get it....but just for you asking nicely.....
Barrett when questioned on rugby league in itself, breaks it down very well
As a motivator still very green, though it was his first year and with the constant injuries....any established coach would struggle to lift that squad consistently.
My main thing is the results from 2016 were not a fair indication of his ability....by mid 2017 without 10 injuries all will be clearer.
And that's the thing.. There are offence/defence coaches etc it's a team. But man management is just as significant. The head coach doesn't need to know every tactic, strategy, structure but he has to lead and make players want to succeed for them. Barrett might have all the knowledge in the world but if he can't motivate and inspire the players we're screwed.

Carty must have been chosen because of his experience and our appointment of an inexperienced head coach. Both appointments were a gamble relying upon TB stepping up and chemistry between head and assistant coach. Neither transpired. Carty looking for another gig suggests to me there is a change of head coach in the wind.

Barrett is too nice a bloke to be a good NRL coach imo. I thought it before he came here and his performance in 2016 only reinforced my opinion.

All successful coaches have a bit of mongrel in them - Bennett, Bellamy, Maguire, Robinson, Hasler all have a dark side, and you wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of them. As did Bozo and so did Tooves by the way.

Manly had its best performances this year when Barrett was under pressure after our poor performances in the early rounds. We had a few good weeks in a row, and I got the impression that Barrett was really fired up for those couple of weeks as he could see his job was under pressure.

After that though we slipped back to mediocrity. I don't think Barrett could keep up being a hardarse, as it doesn't come naturally to him, so he reverted to his usual nice guy personality.
Des started out as a nice guy and then eventually turned out like he is now. He was a nice high school teacher and even had the nickname 'sorry' as he was late for training and carried his flat tyre in to prove it.
He turned evil like Darth Vader. Give Barrett time after enough loses he will get angry.

Des started out as a nice guy and then eventually turned out like he is now. He was a nice high school teacher and even had the nickname 'sorry' as he was late for training and carried his flat tyre in to prove it.
He turned evil like Darth Vader. Give Barrett time after enough loses he will get angry.
I remember Des doing casual teaching at Augustines in the late 90s/early 2000s. He was far from nice and almost like a drill sargeant. I'll never forget when he dragged my crying classmate from Brookvale oval at PE time to the front office by the ear!

I remember Des doing casual teaching at Augustines in the late 90s/early 2000s. He was far from nice and almost like a drill sargeant. I'll never forget when he dragged my crying classmate from Brookvale oval at PE time to the front office by the ear!
Should be more teachers like that today. The world is too bloody pc.

I went to St. Augustines and graduated in 2000, so that must have been in the early '00s as Des didn't teach there when I was there (though apparently his brother did casually in '98 and '00).

Also, that means Des previously worked under Manly's new CEO.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4