Ca't beat penalties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like all of us, I love Jamie Lyon ( as a player, of course). But is he too laid back for captain? There is more to captaincy than just leading by example.
Take Ennis for example. As soon as he perceives that the Bulldogs are getting a raw deal, he gets in the referees face, pointing out examples. The referee's response is always, "yes, we'll keep an eye on it". Lo and behold, the next few penalties go their way.
All I'm saying is maybe he needs to be more proactive when the penalties are swinging against us. We all know the current crop of refs can't handle pressure.

Brissie Kid said:
The Who said:
Again, I say RL needs to reduce the impact of penalties by only giving the team another set of six, not the kick into touch. Only for foul play should it be a kick as well as a full set.

Never happen. The boffins inside NRL HQ are all convinced lessening the punishment will lead to more players deliberately breaking rules. Fact is the heavy penalty encourages "milking" penalties from duped referees but they will never see that line of thinking.

The refs have the option of sending players to the bin for repeated infringements. That would solve the problem.
Matches these days between even teams are decided by penalties. The number of tries scored in the set after a penalty is incredibly high.

Merdy33 said:
Like all of us, I love Jamie Lyon ( as a player, of course). But is he too laid back for captain? There is more to captaincy than just leading by example.
Take Ennis for example. As soon as he perceives that the Bulldogs are getting a raw deal, he gets in the referees face, pointing out examples. The referee's response is always, "yes, we'll keep an eye on it". Lo and behold, the next few penalties go their way.
All I'm saying is maybe he needs to be more proactive when the penalties are swinging against us. We all know the current crop of refs can't handle pressure.

Jamie was doing that earlier in the season but he wasn't given the leeway that Ennis gets so he had to stop or get binned.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4