• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
What? That's the same team selected initially for tonight's match. Madness. Don't tell me Froggy would have made much difference.
We've got to give Suli a chance. Harpo needs to be dropped. The Shoe needs less game time so put him on the bench.

Des doesn't chuck his players under a bus after one poor performance. He's not going to start now on the eve of an elimination final.

For mine for next week:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Karl Lawton

Yep, I'm sure this will be the exact team named next week barring injuries.

NYEagle

Bencher
Our problem was our forwards they were dominated !! They need to lift and run hard they were terrible
Big time. Our forwards were owned tonight outside of Paskea and Marty, and the limited minutes Keppie got.

Melbourne dominated our forwards and stole the lines of our backs. Only they can do this IMHO

Siro needs to go. No impact and a huge missed tackle on the line in his limited minutes. He hasn’t played enough.

NYEagle

Last edited:

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Des doesn't chuck his players under a bus after one poor performance. He's not going to start now on the eve of an elimination final.

Yep, I'm sure this will be the exact team named next week barring injuries.
As it should be @Scorpio There won't be any changes to that seventeen. It is got us this far. From dead last to the top four. Des will stick with them. And now for some Billy Joel 🌈🌈🌈 Don't go changing

Nordburg

First Grader
Just lol.

Yeah, the side that got us here should all be dropped.

This forum does not take a loss well.
Imagine the sh*t that Elliott would have copped after a game like that!! Lol

...obviously Tom is Tom and is allowed to have an off game... just saying...
But Elliott has never had a season like TomT
As it should be @Scorpio There won't be any changes to that seventeen. It is got us this far. From dead last to the top four. Des will stick with them. And now for some Billy Joel 🌈🌈🌈 Don't go changing
i think the only change he should make,other than obviously Croker’s return if available,is his tactics with the bench and more to the point,Walker

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
But Elliott has never had a season like TomT

i think the only change he should make,other than obviously Croker’s return if available,is his tactics with the bench and more to the point,Walker
Yep @Nordburg I agree that our bench could be used better than it was last night, but the seventeen won't change. We need to get some real impact out of Schuster. As with Walker that could work well off the bench. Starting Lawton would dramatically decrease the number of tackles that Schuster is making for us. A fresh Schuster playing off a fresh Walker (or vice versa) would work well. Lawton could then come back and play the last twenty minutes as dummy half, in place of Croker. Jakes role in attack could also be simplified a lot. Second or third hit up in each set. (No ball distribution required in our half, straight running required) We have too many ball players on the field at times, and play sideways because of that. Anyway, I am sure Des will work it out and we will play a lot better next week. Go Manly.

Last edited:

Nordburg

First Grader
Yep I agree that our bench could be used better than it was last night, but the seventeen won't change. We need to get some real impact out of Schuster. As with Walker that could work well off the bench. Starting Lawton would dramatically decrease the number of tackles that Schuster is making for us. A fresh Schuster playing off a fresh Walker (or vice versa) would work well. Lawton could then come back and play the last twenty minutes as dummy half, in place of Croker. Jakes role in attack could also be simplified a lot. Second or third hit up in each set. (No ball distribution required in our half, straight running required) We have too many ball players on the field at times, and play sideways because of that. Anyway, I am sure Des will work it out and we will play a lot better next week. Go Manly.
I agree,too many ball players when Walker’s on.Think if Sipley is there,he’d be used more than what Sironen has been given

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Teams are learning they need to stack numbers to whatever side of the field Tom is on to help nullify him. We need more strike on the edges to help battle this next year to go the next level. Walker has been great in the middle but I wonder if we'd be better off with him in the centres. As Lawton or Schuster could play that role. As for our middles, as a pack we are still relatively young and will only get better. I feel we need a mobile hole hitting backrower like garner for eg. Another quality centre and depending on manase someone like b smith who would offer our team alot of versatility. Salary cap you say.. I know I know but just some food for thought

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Our problem was our forwards they were dominated !! They need to lift and run hard they were terrible
This is the main area if concern.

We need Paeska back to his best, Keppie has lost his intimidating side, Martin has not got an off load away in ages, Quac has stopped running onto the ball.

The team has it in them. They can all step it up another level.

Bit of stage fright last time. Will be better next week. If Keppie is only getting small minutes, surely Sipley comes into consideration. His charges off the bench have been great. Never gets put on the deck, stands and gets a good play the ball. Our attack comes off the back of charges like that.

When a forward can get over the advantage line and carry a couple of defenders and keep himself standing and get a quick play the ball, no better side than Manly at capitalising on that

court83

Bencher
My only change would be suli and Walker in the centres.. but that won't happen..
Hold steady with the team that got us here, and when we go down, make changes for next year...
I feel bad for Tom, look how great pappenhauzen plays when the team around him is solid... Guy will have 3 or 4 titles before Tom ever has a crack at one

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Not getting impact off the bench.

Forwards are a little underdone. Keppie, Paeska and Josh been missing for a few weeks leading up to this.

I would drop Keppie. Playing small minutes at the end of game and adding nothing

I would start with Marty ad Paeska.
Bring on Sipley and Josh as first changes. Then have Lawton to come on later in game and Walker towards end of first half when defence tires, not as a forward replacement after 20 mins.

Could then bring back Marty and Paeska for second stints in second half when they do their best work

Karshy

Reserve Grader
Dont think we need to change much regarding team selections to be honest. Croker will come back in. Siro will drop out. Cant look past what the Roosters did to Suli in round 1.

The biggest change we need is around approach and attitude. We need to become ruthless and do what the storm did regarding gamesmanship. Fight fire with fire so to speak.
  • 2-3m offside at all times when defending goal line, refs dont give restarts in semi finals so opposition will eventually get frustrated and make an error
  • hold down first 2 tackles of every opposition set out of backfield, again, refs dont give restarts in semi finals so opposition will struggle from backfield the whole game
  • lay down for every high tackle until a penalty is given and take the free interchange, if there ref is not taking action cause a push and shove to force a bunker review
  • scream at the ref every slow tackle
Might sound cynical, but we wont even beat the Roosters if we dont become ruthless and relentless.

Schuster needs to go to 5/6, Foran does not play and keppie plays 2nd row.

Garrick needs to be dropped and Parker to wing and Suli to centre.

Sipley needs to be back in the side and pack Siro bags today.

Our wingers are softest in the comp, Rubbish!
Those changes would not have made any difference to the result last night.

Just sayin’

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Tom wasn't allowed to play his usual dominating game, they were teaming up in tackles on him, something that hasn't happened to him for weeks now. Bellyache really had his robots programmed on this. We'll dust ourselves off and concentrate on beating the Roosters next week.
Tom had half as many runs as he normally does he had a off game

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
it is not the end of the world .

It is the rebuilding of our premiership winning team

Our centres Harper and Parker are good club players but they are not premiership winning finals players

They were both exposed to to the greater finals level and they were both failed to deliver

Parker is predictable and slow and does not have tackle bust power

And Harper is also exposed to superior speed and powerful backs

Crocker will be back next week but he is also a good club player but he is a level below and does not have the finals game class of grant Grant , Smith and Api

The Moral of the story ....

Fringe players can only take you so far and superior players will take you all the way

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
it is not the end of the world .

It is the rebuilding of our premiership winning team

Our centres Harper and Parker are good club players but they are not premiership winning finals players

They were both exposed to to the greater finals level and they were both failed to deliver

Parker is predictable and slow and does not have tackle bust power

And Harper is also exposed to superior speed and powerful backs

Crocker will be back next week but he is also a good club player but he is a level below and does not have the finals game class of grant Grant , Smith and Api

The Moral of the story ....

Fringe players can only take you so far and superior players will take you all the way
Parker, while not spectacular, was solid last night and did his job (unlike the majority of the team, and especially some of these star speedster champions you rave on about). He is far from the reason we lost that game.

Secondly, how are you going to manage your salary cap while bringing in further superstar centres? Did you notice who the Storm had in one of their centre positions last night? Reimis Smith. And he had Looney Looney outside him. Didn't seem to stop the Melbourne juggernaut last night.

Rocky

Bencher
Dont think we need to change much regarding team selections to be honest. Croker will come back in. Siro will drop out. Cant look past what the Roosters did to Suli in round 1.

The biggest change we need is around approach and attitude. We need to become ruthless and do what the storm did regarding gamesmanship. Fight fire with fire so to speak.
  • 2-3m offside at all times when defending goal line, refs dont give restarts in semi finals so opposition will eventually get frustrated and make an error
  • hold down first 2 tackles of every opposition set out of backfield, again, refs dont give restarts in semi finals so opposition will struggle from backfield the whole game
  • lay down for every high tackle until a penalty is given and take the free interchange, if there ref is not taking action cause a push and shove to force a bunker review
  • scream at the ref every slow tackle
Might sound cynical, but we wont even beat the Roosters if we dont become ruthless and relentless.
I was going to write a similar post but what you have outlined above pretty much covers it.

We didnt lose because of Harper, Tom or whoever. We lsot because we cannot engage in the grind for 80 minutes

We simply will not beat Melbourne in a finals game (unless we get hot or they are ice cold) until we do what Karshy has mentioned. It is really cynical play but it is why the Storm are the best in the business.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Parker, while not spectacular, was solid last night and did his job (unlike the majority of the team, and especially some of these star speedster champions you rave on about). He is far from the reason we lost that game.

Secondly, how are you going to manage your salary cap while bringing in further superstar centres? Did you notice who the Storm had in one of their centre positions last night? Reimis Smith. And he had Looney Looney outside him. Didn't seem to stop the Melbourne juggernaut last night.
You say it like remis Smith is a bad player lol.. the kid has talent. I wish we had signed him years ago

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Our team has been known as a one man team and last night it was evident once more

When they shut down Tommy your solid player Parker did not make a statement and neither did Harper as we only managed to score off two kicks by the pace of saab
Every time it went out to both centres there was not threat what so ever with out Toms output

Secondly the cap is not just about more money players it is about better value quality players

The Who

Journey Man
I was disappointed with DESpicable's news conference. Not once did he admit he'd made errors with the game plan; it was all the players' faults. Not once did he admit he'd been outcoached by Bellache.
I know many posters on here seem to think DESpicable is God-like and incapable of making mistakes. But it has been criminal the way he's turned the attacking genius of The Shoe into a defensive dullard too scared to take a risk. We may as well have DeLuxe playing in his spot because all of The Shoe's brilliance has been sucked out of him in an attempt to stop his occasional errors.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16