Changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't see why we are not in great shape with the cap.
$12 million
3 players X 1 million.

9 million ÷ 27 is $333K
Development players and the Boyles would be on minimum $$$
I don’t think we run it much differently at all to what other clubs do, it is mentioned all the time though

Cleary and Yeo are over 2 million combined and add in a Luai or Fisher Harris pump them up to 3

Munster/Grant/Papenhuysen at the Storm

Mitchell/Walker/Murray at the Rabbits

What we fill in around them at the moment aren’t producing consistently which is why we find ourselves in a hole some weeks, especially in the pack

Well looks like the move of Scott Fulton to the Tigers is off to a flying start. Letting him go might be one thing we've gotten right at least :)

"It comes amid rabid contract speculation at Wests Tigers, with the club getting on the front foot this week to address rumours around future head coach Benji Marshall - amid a reported falling out with the club’s new head of recruitment Scott Fulton."

Can we use the $350k to front load our current squad? If so that's the play. Save the money for next year when we have several off contract and can go to market with some decent buying power.
think we've overdone the front loaded thing for a while, use it on getting a decent front rower for next season.

Well looks like the move of Scott Fulton to the Tigers is off to a flying start. Letting him go might be one thing we've gotten right at least :)

"It comes amid rabid contract speculation at Wests Tigers, with the club getting on the front foot this week to address rumours around future head coach Benji Marshall - amid a reported falling out with the club’s new head of recruitment Scott Fulton."
Could be stuck with Sheensy for a while by the looks of it..lol.

The assistant coach thing could map out good with the suggestion of bringing Holbrook in and letting Flanagan go and do his business at the dragons , Offer the role to Holbrook for the rest of the year and see out it pans out this way Flanagan can concentrate on the dragons and Holbrook fully focused on Manly

I congratulate the Manly PR team for its clever strategy. Our 2023 season is cooked, fans are disgruntled so create a fanfare about new signings. It takes our minds off what a shambles we are currently in and gives us some hope for 2024.
Next step is to announce some 'Early-Eagle' specials on memberships for 2024.

I congratulate the Manly PR team for its clever strategy. Our 2023 season is cooked, fans are disgruntled so create a fanfare about new signings. It takes our minds off what a shambles we are currently in and gives us some hope for 2024.
Next step is to announce some 'Early-Eagle' specials on memberships for 2024.
And bring back those legends, the Eagles Angels please. That group of women were outstanding for us reputation wise.

Make it happen Mr Mestrov !

Don’t want to start up my own topic, so will toss this in here

I read a lot of stuff about “basket case”, “laughing stock” etc, and feel that I should contact Guinness World Records about what the record is for the highest number of hypochondriacs is 1 place is, because we may have it here

An off season is a very, very long time in rugby league. Hell even 3-4 weeks is all is takes for people to go nuts over things. Where we are placed right now, is not a hell of a lot different to where the majority of the competition is sitting. A couple of losses and the sky is falling, a few wins on the trot and everything is ok

Let’s have a look at the Warriors. 2022, and the entire fan base wants to lynch the owner, sack the CEO and run half the players out of town. The owner gets in a punch up with Matt Lodge, then pays lodge 700k on this years cap to go and play for the Roosters, among many other gaffes. The CEO makes ridiculous statement after ridiculous statement, Johnson is that far past it, he should retire, they go for an unproven coach, and bring in guys like Walker, Niakore, CNK, Metcalf etc who could be hit or miss. Basically the club supporter base is in the foetal position and sees no future at all in January. Now in June the supporters are walking around with their chests puffed out and they are selling the ground out week after week, there is no talk of firing management and Johnson is a god again. That’s how quickly an unexpectedly the sports world can change

Will that happen with us ? Probably not, as I’m not sure we have the right ingredients just yet, but I’m prepared to have a look and see where it goes, without going off the deepend.

Personally for me, through a number of factors, the passion for Manly is still there, but it is not what it used to be. Part of that is real life factors showing the importance of rugby league, and part of it is the whole Scott Penn factor, the treatment of Toovey and particularly the way the whole Hasler episode unfolded last year left a real bad taste in my mouth. I’m no fan at all of Seibold, have been prepared to have a look, saw some nice signs early that I liked, but am still floating in the middle on him. I think the roster is a lot better than gets credit on here, which we have shown on some occasions this year but too often falls apart under adversity, especially when Jake isn’t there. The announcements today I don’t see as a negative so that’s a good build for next year

I’m not as regular a poster here as I was anymore, as the constant negativity and relentless bagging from some isn’t my cup of tea and doesn’t add anything to the Manly experience for me, but have been enjoying a bit more of a robust discussion recently

Not really sure where this rambling has ended up, but it has filled in some time while the wife has the TV !

Don’t want to start up my own topic, so will toss this in here

I read a lot of stuff about “basket case”, “laughing stock” etc, and feel that I should contact Guinness World Records about what the record is for the highest number of hypochondriacs is 1 place is, because we may have it here

An off season is a very, very long time in rugby league. Hell even 3-4 weeks is all is takes for people to go nuts over things. Where we are placed right now, is not a hell of a lot different to where the majority of the competition is sitting. A couple of losses and the sky is falling, a few wins on the trot and everything is ok

Let’s have a look at the Warriors. 2022, and the entire fan base wants to lynch the owner, sack the CEO and run half the players out of town. The owner gets in a punch up with Matt Lodge, then pays lodge 700k on this years cap to go and play for the Roosters, among many other gaffes. The CEO makes ridiculous statement after ridiculous statement, Johnson is that far past it, he should retire, they go for an unproven coach, and bring in guys like Walker, Niakore, CNK, Metcalf etc who could be hit or miss. Basically the club supporter base is in the foetal position and sees no future at all in January. Now in June the supporters are walking around with their chests puffed out and they are selling the ground out week after week, there is no talk of firing management and Johnson is a god again. That’s how quickly an unexpectedly the sports world can change

Will that happen with us ? Probably not, as I’m not sure we have the right ingredients just yet, but I’m prepared to have a look and see where it goes, without going off the deepend.

Personally for me, through a number of factors, the passion for Manly is still there, but it is not what it used to be. Part of that is real life factors showing the importance of rugby league, and part of it is the whole Scott Penn factor, the treatment of Toovey and particularly the way the whole Hasler episode unfolded last year left a real bad taste in my mouth. I’m no fan at all of Seibold, have been prepared to have a look, saw some nice signs early that I liked, but am still floating in the middle on him. I think the roster is a lot better than gets credit on here, which we have shown on some occasions this year but too often falls apart under adversity, especially when Jake isn’t there. The announcements today I don’t see as a negative so that’s a good build for next year

I’m not as regular a poster here as I was anymore, as the constant negativity and relentless bagging from some isn’t my cup of tea and doesn’t add anything to the Manly experience for me, but have been enjoying a bit more of a robust discussion recently

Not really sure where this rambling has ended up, but it has filled in some time while the wife has the TV !

Spot on, and honestly, I think that's where many are at, but I guarantee this.

If we get a bit of consistency, and go on a bit of a winning run, the enjoyment, satisfaction, and magnetic way this sport is will hook us again.

The core of all this is the club. We live the club, the custodians of the jersey might change, but the club is still ours.

How's this for some positives: Highest Memberships ever. High and trending north crowd sizes this season. New section to the ground.

All it is that is a grind for us, is in the field form and results. Those purchases today shows to me they are SERIOUS for change.

We needed a winger - check
We needed a lock - check
We need a hooker - Gordon ?

But well said mate. Things are turning for me after today !

Spot on, and honestly, I think that's where many are at, but I guarantee this.

If we get a bit of consistency, and go on a bit of a winning run, the enjoyment, satisfaction, and magnetic way this sport is will hook us again.

The core of all this is the club. We live the club, the custodians of the jersey might change, but the club is still ours.

How's this for some positives: Highest Memberships ever. High and trending north crowd sizes this season. New section to the ground.

All it is that is a grind for us, is in the field form and results. Those purchases today shows to me they are SERIOUS for change.

We needed a winger - check
We needed a lock - check
We need a hooker - Gordon ?

But well said mate. Things are turning for me after today !
The Brooks signing won't make much of a difference if our forward pack continues to stay the same, which is mind boggling because the money used to sign Brooks would have been better used for signing a quality 9 or 8. And as for Gordon being hooker - I don't rate our chances of keeping him, he recently signed with Crown Sports...so sorry to burst your bubble.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8