Chee kam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Has any one seen him back on the paddock yet, I know he was injured early in the season , but is he back in nsw cup yet......... This is one kid we got from Canberra as a gun back rower with huge potential , and we didn't pay peanuts for him either, he's off contract nexted year and we haven't seen him anywhere near first grade.... Real shame I was looking forward watching him become a first grade star for us...... Fingers crossed.

Saw him in NSW Cup a few weeks back. Didn't do anything of note. He is also much smaller than he was at the Raiders :(

2v has commented on him as 'one to watch' a few times. Maybe its lack of condition due to his constant injuries :s

HappilyManly said:
Saw him in NSW Cup a few weeks back. Didn't do anything of note. He is also much smaller than he was at the Raiders :(

2v has commented on him as 'one to watch' a few times. Maybe its lack of condition due to his constant injuries :s
Yeah funny you mentioned his size, I remember seeing some pics of him at public functions and charity events........ He really seemed down on size from what I remember from Canberra playing days as a back rower/ centre

We certainly didn't get our money's worth from Chee Kam he is either injured or not playing to his potential .

Potential strike forward whose progress has been slowed by a bad run of injury. Love to see him come through later this year and show us what he can do.

he sucks - hasn't quite lived up to the potential everyone sprouted on about, injuries notwithstanding.

cut 'im loose and he can join kayne in the world of fitness or w/e.

Injuries...pffft. A state of mind to get paid doing nothing!

globaleagle said:
he sucks - hasn't quite lived up to the potential everyone sprouted on about, injuries notwithstanding.

Gee, I haven't seen him play.... Is he really this bad

c eagle said:
globaleagle said:

Gee, I haven't seen him play.... Is he really this bad

I saw him play a few times for the Raiders. He looked unfit but above average.

Masked Eagle said:
Pretty sure he's got another year to run on his contract. I wouldn't be giving up on him just yet.
We are just reporting on how he is going . We all hope that he delivers !!!

globaleagle said:

He has had plenty of hype about him, especially on this forum. If he can't get on the paddock consistently and play more than decent footy then he's just another coulda/shoulda and there is plenty of those. Let's hope he comes good.

Had a load of talent and good signing on fee so sad he hasn't stepped up yet. Still plenty of time until Glenn leaves.

c eagle said:
HappilyManly said:

Yeah funny you mentioned his size, I remember seeing some pics of him at public functions and charity events........ He really seemed down on size from what I remember from Canberra playing days as a back rower/ centre

Making him wear George's old gear hasn't helped.

Like shoe1 said, bigish against kids, but he looks like an average-sized / slow centre, against men (he was a centre / backrower for Raiders).

From memory we paid $450 k for a questionable kid - $150k per year, for 3 years, 2013 to 2015. What a waste.

He hurt his shoulder miwdway thru 2012 Toyota cup GF, where he did nothing & Canderra were flogged.

He therefore missed start of 2013 & got injured early in his return to playing. So he had very little football in 2013, his first season for Manly & once again, injuries have hindered his playing time this year.

Hoped he was going to develop into a Brent Kite-like forward, but Chee-Kam's been a massive disappointment & he's cashed in a small fortune. Others far ahead of him (Andrews, Leuiaki, Turbo, Sao, JSL, Hasson, Lui, Symonds, Harrison etc).

He has not come along as most would have hoped but if he can get a good stint of injury free going he may develop nicely, he is only 21 still.

Not going to write him off. He has barely played due to injuries. Whenever the coaching staff talk about who to watch his name normally comes up first. They obviously think highly of him.

Garts said:
Not going to write him off. He has barely played due to injuries. Whenever the coaching staff talk about who to watch his name normally comes up first. They obviously think highly of him.
We are questioning his durability and playing ability on the field from what we have seen so far . This week he is warmimg the bench for NSW cup ?

Bandit said:
Like shoe1 said, bigish against kids, but he looks like an average-sized / slow centre, against men (he was a centre / backrower for Raiders).

From memory we paid $450 k for a questionable kid - $150k per year, for 3 years, 2013 to 2015. What a waste.

He hurt his shoulder miwdway thru 2012 Toyota cup GF, where he did nothing & Canderra were flogged.

He therefore missed start of 2013 & got injured early in his return to playing. So he had very little football in 2013, his first season for Manly & once again, injuries have hindered his playing time this year.

Hoped he was going to develop into a Brent Kite-like forward, but Chee-Kam's been a massive disappointment & he's cashed in a small fortune. Others far ahead of him (Andrews, Leuiaki, Turbo, Sao, JSL, Hasson, Lui, Symonds, Harrison etc).

Just a little bit too harsh there bandit. Its hard to establish him in the pecking order if he hasn't been able to get on the paddock. Also not sure how you can say the others are far ahead of him, considering they also either aren't playing first grade or aren't playing in the same position.

He wasn't purchased to produce Kite like performances. He was bought to play a blockbusting backrower to make impact, like T-Rex (used to do sometimes). Also Kite took a good 4-5 seasons of playing first grade before he really established himself and the expectations on this kids are just a little bit too high, too early.

I'm sure his injuries have been disappointing and hurt his progress, but he's hardly done his dash with me just yet.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6