Cherry Evans and Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It's pressure and expectation that gets to cherry and he has had it heaped on him for a few years. He looks stressed out and it shows in his game. He's on a lot of money so it all comes with the territory. I'm just glad he handles it better than Ben hunt. He handles it better than most. Dce and walker combined against Broncos for a beautiful try and it came down to toms presence out the back. Pulled staggs out of shape without touching the ball. It all has potential when they get it it right. Turbo is as dangerous without the ball at the moment and walker has the passing skills to hit the players around tom. Just needs to build a bit more confidence and we will come good

I think we need to use croker more. Have levi do the grunt work early and then bring on croker midway through the first half. It's such a weapon to have a dummy half that can kick on the last. He did it the other night. Everyone was looking at cherry and croker kicked out of dummy half, found space and led the kick chase. Was unlucky to fall off isaako. He can make cherry a much better player and mick monaghan can show them the way. You have a hooker that can kick a 40 20 you're laughing. Seems to work for Melbourne

You could very well be right.

I just feel DCE is expected to do everything in this team ever since 2014 even when some around him don't.

Look at Andrew Johns. Probably the greatest no.7 in the last 40 years but other than 1997 what did Newcastle win? Nada. He carried that team because he was special but in the end only really had personal success in NSW and Australian colours. Why because he didn't have the troops around him at newcastle.

JT was the same at the cows. Best No.6 during past 10 years but only 1 GF win and that was at the death.

The troops around a 6 or 7 determine the success.

I don't thing the rooters would have gone back to back without Cronk do you?

DCE has stepped up in the past but is obviously struggling at this moment. Running joke is he plays well for QLD regardless but that team has the troops to let him play his game. We don't.

So until DCE has a Half partner that can shoulder some of the work we will continue to be close but probably not there.
Knights also won against all the odds in 2001 with one of his greatest performances against Parra. Two premierships ain’t bad .... but I take your point re DCE and wholeheartedly agree

I thought we were talking crazy talk.. josh Reynolds hell no. Green we sent him packing.. dogs are after hastings he will go good for them as lewis is crap
Green actually left because we couldn't match the money and contract length the Worriors did. Josh Renolds is a very very good half. Hastings is not in their league and yes, Lewis is not a game-managing half.

Green actually left because we couldn't match the money and contract length the Worriors did. Josh Renolds is a very very good half. Hastings is not in their league and yes, Lewis is not a game-managing half.
We should of matched the offer he wanted to stay as well.. i disagree other then his kicking game walker is much better. Reynolds to me tries hard but that's pretty much it.

Green is a very good game manager, Walker is not.

Green at 7 and DCE at 6 is a winner.
Green was great for us.. what a stupid decision letting him go. Then t.baz tried walker at 6... fail! I like walker and i think he does alot of things right. He needs to run and kick more and dce needs to get more involved. At the moment walker is the best option for 6 unless that kid Schuster comes in. We tried cust and croker remember and imo walker has stood them both up. Last year he was better because he mixed it up with his running and passing. I think des will keep him at 6 because we just extended Suli

Green was great for us.. what a stupid decision letting him go. T
Forcing him stay would have been even more stupid, the reports were that he was refusing to train with the side because he wanted the release.
We should have waited until we had Moylan or Pearce, each of whom were apparently '99%' signed at various stages.
But letting him go was not a stupid decision at all.

Forcing him stay would have been even more stupid, the reports were that he was refusing to train with the side because he wanted the release.
We should have waited until we had Moylan or Pearce, each of whom were apparently '99%' signed at various stages.
But letting him go was not a stupid decision at all.
I was under the impression he only wanted the release because we would not match the $ or contract length and he feared for his future.

I think he would have been VERY happy to stay if we gave him what he wanted...and he would have been worth every cent.

I was under the impression he only wanted the release because we would not match the $ or contract length and he feared for his future.

I think he would have been VERY happy to stay if we gave him what he wanted...and he would have been worth every cent.
My thoughts exactly. I remember reading he loved it here. Stopped training after we told him no on the deal or something like this

Green already had a contract and him and his manager tried to strong arm the club.

good riddance, he is a tool.
I do agree that him and cherry worked well, but he was as 1 dimensional as it gets.

so many excuses been made for our captain. He is a great player, but very inconsistent and a bit of a flat track bully.

walker does some stuff really well and some stuff not so. If I see him kick in the third again, the remote may end up through the TV

DCE just needs to pull his foot out and practice his kicking more.

Kind of related. But how great was the young dragons half on the weekend. Just steared them around the park, what a difference a natural halfback doing his thing organising and putting kicks in makes. I have to say he looked a bit special, not many halfbacks make an NRL debut look so easy. I'm struggling to think of one that good in the last decade, put it that way.

Here's a crazy stat. DCE and Phantom are currently the 3rd most experienced halves pairing in the NRL

SIXES AND SEVENS
Adam Reynolds/Cody Walker (Souths) - 67
Chad Townsend/Shaun Johnson (Cronulla/Warriors) - 55
Daly Cherry-Evans/Dylan Walker (Manly) - 34
Mitch Moses/Dylan Brown (Parramatta) - 20
Kodi Nikorima/Blake Green (Warriors) - 15
Cameron Munster/Ryley Jacks (Melbourne) - 11
Mitchell Pearce/Kurt Mann (Newcastle) - 10
Kieran Foran/Lachlan Lewis (Bulldogs) - 9
Josh Reynolds/Luke Brooks (Tigers) - 7
Jack Wighton/George Williams (Canberra) - 5
Anthony Milford/Brodie Croft (Broncos) - 5
Luke Keary/Kyle Flanagan (Roosters) - 5
Nathan Cleary/Jaroma Luai (Panthers) - 4
Ash Taylor/Jamal Fogarty (Titans) - 4
Svcott Drinkwater/Jake Clifford (Cowboys) - 3
Corey Norman/Adam Clune (Dragons) -1
Stats provided by ChampionData

Here's a crazy stat. DCE and Phantom are currently the 3rd most experienced halves pairing in the NRL

SIXES AND SEVENS
Wow

SIXES AND SEVENS
Just goes to show that it is important to do things by Halves .

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10