Cherry-Evans ready to grab a half chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=183605.msg267035#msg267035 date=1276745429]

Hodko only had a year in the SCSE team as well

Hokko was ready physically & displayed that from the outset. Im not as confident that DCE is ready for the rigours just yet.
[/quote]

I've said the same thing in a couple of other threads over the last few days myself.  He needs to at least stay with the SCSE until their season is over which is at the end of August (not counting the finals series if they make it that far) to get used to the pace of that comp first before jumping up to the next level to the even more higher paced NRL competition.

Submit article doesn't work for me either.

The big icon just goes to some  Registered Area
Welcome to the registered user area of our site.

Then i click submit article and it takes me straight back to the login page and articles submit never ever get posted as news.

I havnt been trying to post articles but i cant post anything from my second PC.

Comes up with time out error and some such. Cant imagine the 2 issues are connected but just for Dans info i guess.

Well atleast we know we have DCE sealled for atleast 3 years and we probs paid him 150k max, my bet would be 100k-125k per season

deadlyeagle link said:
Well atleast we know we have DCE sealled for atleast 3 years and we probs paid him 150k max, my bet would be 100k-125k per season

That would be all he is worth, never playing an NRL before, but you wouldn't think he would sign a 3 year deal for that unless he has an out option in his favour after 1 or 2 or he has high incentive bonuses in years 2 OR 3 if he has played a set no. of NRL games in NRL.

I'm loathed to see Matai go, apart from the occasionally high arm, he consistently performs and has 2 good years ahead of him if his neck holds out.

Would hate to see him play against us, could come back and bite us.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=183605.msg266955#msg266955 date=1276732376]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183605.msg266932#msg266932 date=1276731457]
The Orr's loath Lowe.

and plenty of people loathe the Orrs who have not covered themseves in glory over the years.......
[/quote]

So what. They are key player managers. Regardless of their personalities and / or reputation, our club needs to wine and dine all of them at all costs for OBVIOUS reasons.

Surely you understand that, right?

I'll tell you this. Lowe isn't doing that. Ask Quantum. Ask SCSE. Ask the player managers.

I wonder why we have been losing players since he has come on board that we would have liked to keep in JWH, Hodko, Perry & Matai?
[/quote]

Jeez mate, come back on here after a week and you are still chewing on that bone haha

Saw Lowe at Origin with a massive group of Manly people, guessing they were some sort of sponsor's. I heard some positive things last week that Lowe has stitched together that we will hopefully hear about soon

Are you telling me then that when Mayer was in charge of things we wanted to lose Menzies, Hicks, Hall etc ?

Hope we keep Matai, was keen to have a word, Kiwi to Kiwi, at the Goldie function but he wasn't there !

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Hope we keep Matai, was keen to have a word, Kiwi to Kiwi, at the Goldie function but he wasn't there !

Did you get some time with Joe Galuvao KE? He was one funny kiwi having a great time at the function. My guess is that he is the sort to superglue your locker....

I think after the emotion of Trent signing that DCE would be better leading the Sunshine team and getting used to controlling games and players etc. I am hoping DCE will bulk up over the offseason as he will need to. A different player to Trent, alot faster but not as well built, defence isn't as strong as Trent's though! I did mention that a high ranking official told me and a few lads that DCE's defence was a real concern but Des signed him so must have improved. His kicking game isn't as strong either but DCE will take the line on more whereas Trent passes it straight away.

Darren link said:
I think after the emotion of Trent signing that DCE would be better leading the Sunshine team and getting used to controlling games and players etc. I am hoping DCE will bulk up over the offseason as he will need to. A different player to Trent, alot faster but not as well built, defence isn't as strong as Trent's though! I did mention that a high ranking official told me and a few lads that DCE's defence was a real concern but Des signed him so must have improved. His kicking game isn't as strong either but DCE will take the line on more whereas Trent passes it straight away.

Darren - we re-signed him through lack of aternative's, and out of desperation...almost 2004 like.

could be true Ryan, I remember the chat I had with a high ranking official and thinking well DCE won't be around much longer (about 2 years ago) This guy wasn't crapping on, he was quite serious! Maybe DCE has improved/impressed since then. I do worry that if he is nrl material why wasn't he snapped up by another club? TH definitely looks more nrl ready. Trent is about a year and a half older and he looks like a rookie so DCE maybe needs more time. 

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183605.msg267483#msg267483 date=1276868967]

Did you get some time with Joe Galuvao KE? He was one funny kiwi having a great time at the function. My guess is that he is the sort to superglue your locker....
[/quote]

Yeah I did mate, he was on fire, got a good photo with him as well haha. He was still firing on all cylinders when we got the cab back to the hotel

Just wondering if Jamie Buhrer might be a future NRL halfback?
I know he sometimes played hooker in Toyota Cup, and he is getting picked at 6 these days in Qld Cup. People are saying he might be a bit small for the forwards but he obviously has some ability.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=183605.msg267600#msg267600 date=1276928198]

No.  Tony Williams played 5/8 for SCSE last year.

Very rarely.
[/quote]

Only for about the last game or so I think

Buhrer reminds me a bit of bailey atm, not big enough to be a forward, not creative enough to be a half adn not agile enough to be a back. But on the plus side he is developing and as we see with King that forwards take a while to hit their peak.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6