• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All i know is, the speculation about so many players potentially leaving can derail our tilt for the premiership. Management really have to sort out all this **** as quickly as possible. The longer it goes on, the more the vultures start to circle. Tonights NRL ON FOX did nothing to help our cause,thats for sure.

And here I have been watching out for the hamburglar everytime I eat maccas, only to find there are some real world issues like player retention to worry about

Matabele said:
This is why we need to dump Rose. What do we want. A fat slug playing NSW Cup or the future of rugby league?

Spot on mate. Sideshows like George and those getting old in the tooth need to be moved on.

If it is the case that DCE asked for a release and it was refused, there is a good chance he is unhappy with the club.

That can result in poor performance. (Not that we have seen that.)

Hopefully this will not be the case

1. DCE and Foran are top priority - if this means older players are moved on so we can afford these 2 blokes then so be it.
2. If we are not spending our whole salary cap, serious questions of Dave Perry need to be asked. Premiership winners, increasing memberships on the rise every year, Kaspersky on board during 2011 all point to the clubs financial position being alot better than it has in the past.
I think both Foran and DCE deserve current contracts of $400k. In a few years time these boys will be the best 2 players in the game and their next contracts will be worth plenty more!!

have heard some info that DCE has been poached by tinkler to replace gidley, will swap about end of April

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Matabele said:
This is why we need to dump Rose. What do we want. A fat slug playing NSW Cup or the future of rugby league?

Spot on mate. Sideshows like George and those getting old in the tooth need to be moved on.

Unless you sack a player for breaches of contract you still have to include his salary under your cap if you release him. If we are at our cap maximum right now the only way to give DCE more money this year would be to re-arrange the contracts of other players. Either they take a pay cut or have some money deferred til later on. Another way would be for someone to go to another club now, but they'd have to be on more than what George would be to make a difference.

If anyone should get sacked it should be DCE's manager for agreeing this contract in the first place.

Fluffy said:
have heard some info that DCE has been poached by tinkler to replace gidley, will swap about end of April

I hope this is a joke.

Fluffy said:

somethings just aren't funny Fluffy, they would be if that joke were on someone else

By asking for a release, it doesn't mean he is unhappy with the club and wants to go elsewhere. It's the obvious way to get himself an upgraded contract first and foremost. do you think his manager walking in the board room saying please sir can we have some more will work? Manly hold the key in that he has this contract until whenever. Both sides i'm sure understand he is worth a lot more. to show their trump card, they walk in and ask for the release from the final year, something im sure the club won't do, but shows they mean business. gets the club into gear into putting their offer on the table. the whole process has been how it'd take place in any business, only that in rugby league world, every tom dick n harry journo and their 'sources' like to blow things up deluxe to sell their daily dunny paper.
the fact that his management and the club are still back and forthing over a deal is usual process, albeit not usually so public, obviously both sides want the best deal to suit them and the fact they've clearly said 'not quite what were after, come back to us' has my eyes confident he wants to stay and is giving the club every opportunity to retain him.

the one thing that grinds my gears, is this is all happening in the all important early part of the season, while games are happening. the fact it is all so high profile is impossible to avoid and the longer it drags on, the closer it is to derailing.. which is exactly what the daily dunny papers want to happen. we lose to the sharks this week, the 'club in crisis' headlines will be back. it should all be done in the off season, player managers can go hibernate during regular season and leave the players to play to their contracts previously agreed to.

Masked Eagle said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Matabele said:

Unless you sack a player for breaches of contract you still have to include his salary under your cap if you release him. If we are at our cap maximum right now the only way to give DCE more money this year would be to re-arrange the contracts of other players. Either they take a pay cut or have some money deferred til later on. Another way would be for someone to go to another club now, but they'd have to be on more than what George would be to make a difference.

Rose looks like a breached whale, so does that count?

He is asking for a release because he is tired of the ****ing about.

Give me a release, or

Pay me, or

I'll stay because I have to but I will sign for elsewhere now and start in 2014.

Bye DCE

Bye Foran

Manly will still play footy.

I will still watch them.

I will still be happy doing so.

Life moves on.

Good luck to all, and to all a good night.

"We cannot change that which we have no control over" Me.

Cheers lads

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4