Chez and Walkz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
@Fluffy that is part of the problem. Our coach seems to be letting personality clashes dictate his team selection.

A coach has to be ruthless, not everyone's best friend. This isn't mini's and mods, its the NRL.

We don't know the situation and what it involves. Team chemistry and player moral are way more important than people give credit for. If Hastings is an issue (he obviously is) then I am happy for him to be banished and I don't need an explanation (it's not fair of the club to release these details sometimes - plus it can be counter productive and prevent other clubs picking him up).

Other people wanting T Wright in there, I urge you to let him develop in reggies. He isn't playing that well there and will be monstered at NRL level in defence. He certainly isn't an organiser from what I've seen either. Plus Suli appears suited to Centre at his weight and Kelly is doing a great job, so Walker may as well be 5/8.

@Fluffy that is part of the problem. Our coach seems to be letting personality clashes dictate his team selection.

A coach has to be ruthless, not everyone's best friend. This isn't mini's and mods, its the NRL.

Up to a point but at some stage that clash is far too big to add overall value. Smith and Croft clashed and Croft was sent packing as well so even the supercoach (in some peoples eyes) has done the same thing.

Up to a point but at some stage that clash is far too big to add overall value. Smith and Croft clashed and Croft was sent packing as well so even the supercoach (in some peoples eyes) has done the same thing.

Agree .... but I don't think he will try as hard as Barrett has to save Hastings ... I can't see Bellamy giving him 4 chances ...

I like that Dylan was getting more ball and running more with it.
I thought DCE looked dangerous yesterday only a couple of last ditched attempts from the roosters saved tries.

I like that Dylan was getting more ball and running more with it.
I thought DCE looked dangerous yesterday only a couple of last ditched attempts from the roosters saved tries.
Don't forget the "double knock on". I thought Dylan had some dangerous touches. Api and Tom were also ball playing a lot more than usual. Had the team cut down their errors, we could very well have won by 20.

Yep, Cherry has been very good the last two weeks with Walker as his halves partner. The conventional wisdom was that Cherry had to have an "organising" half (like Blake Green) with him in order to flourish, but Walkz ain't that at all and Cherry has really stepped up. Maybe he actually needed the extra responsibility?

Yep, Cherry has been very good the last two weeks with Walker as his halves partner. The conventional wisdom was that Cherry had to have an "organising" half (like Blake Green) with him in order to flourish, but Walkz ain't that at all and Cherry has really stepped up. Maybe he actually needed the extra responsibility?
We still need an organiser for the team, Cherry will also be better with Hodko in the 6.

A minor point but !
Blake Green =Warriors ...got smashed by the Roosters
Foran = Bulldogs ...not going so good
So much for conventional thinking on how 5/8s should play.
We haven't seen his best yet but I believe Walkz is slowly working out how to play more productively with Chez ,it seems to me that he is more focussed on a team result then then promoting himself.
Dealing with so much negative public scrutiny at 5/8 and coming through it like he is must be very pleasing for the coach.
To get that win as we move forward will do wonders for every players confidence.
Realistically we may not have the right ratio of old experienced heads to blend with the youth in our side, but I reckon if we can keep the playing group together and win those unwinnable games while maintaining level heads ..youth wins out in the end.
"Chez n Walkz a winning combo"

Dce showed excellent game management for our attack last night

The best I have ever seen from DCE

The bad thing is .... it has taken 3 years into his $1m contract 10 rounds of footy 2018

Which shows me he always had it in him but the coaching staff failed to bring it out of him

This comes down to inexperience in our coaching department

Totally unacceptable

This is a business

Can"t see how Hodo should be an automatic inclusion as a half into the i st grade side right now and after last night 's impressive win . Really has to be a fairly compelling reason to change a winning combination and quite effective half "s pairing . Handy pick up in the present circumstances but i wonder how Hodo has been actually going in Newtown or the Shark "s reggies so far this season . Really should stick to what seems to be working right now and preferably first see how Hodo fares at Black Town before altering a winning half "s combination .

DCE gets all the criticism and very little recognition in losing efforts for mine... i thinks he tries his heart out for our club week in and week out but NO halfback can win a game when the team around them is getting rolled over or relinquishing field position to the opposition through errors or penalties...
I was a massive fan of Foran when he was at our club (and Snake, Gift, Matai & Killer) and I hated what happened to our club at the end of their era... BUT I for one am proud to have DCE leading my club and I don't give a rat's how much coin he is on coz he's a match winner and ALWAYS has been (name me another Clive Churchill Medal winner from a losing team)... GO MANLY...

DCE gets all the criticism and very little recognition in losing efforts for mine... i thinks he tries his heart out for our club week in and week out but NO halfback can win a game when the team around them is getting rolled over or relinquishing field position to the opposition through errors or penalties...
I was a massive fan of Foran when he was at our club (and Snake, Gift, Matai & Killer) and I hated what happened to our club at the end of their era... BUT I for one am proud to have DCE leading my club and I don't give a rat's how much coin he is on coz he's a match winner and ALWAYS has been (name me another Clive Churchill Medal winner from a losing team)... GO MANLY...
Beast mode avatar there Frank!

And good points.

Walker got caught with the ball on the last tackle several times last night.
You know though this time around I wasn't worried when he was caught on the 5th. Played quite maturely to be honest. Didn't panic with the ball at all and was actually a threat.

This combination is better than Cherry and Croker. Chez has stepped up a lot to organise the game really well.

Dce showed excellent game management for our attack last night

The best I have ever seen from DCE

The bad thing is .... it has taken 3 years into his $1m contract 10 rounds of footy 2018

Which shows me he always had it in him but the coaching staff failed to bring it out of him

This comes down to inexperience in our coaching department

Totally unacceptable

This is a business
Well done to the coaching team for finally bringing out and unleashing the excellent game management talent locked within DCE!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10