Childish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought it was lsz not Isz?
Either way it's one of the hardest forum IDs to pronounce (yes I sometimes mutter out loud to myself when reading the forum :D )

Theres a thing called ethics that some will understand.
If you choose to coach or play for another club & openly let the fans know, its best wishes & thanks for your contribution at the Seaeagles - best of luck in the future.
If you have done a deal & pretend you are still a Seaeagles man it becomes a different dynamic - people feel betrayed & let down. Anyone who believes this is a recent decision made after the GF is a moron & though thankful of the contribution & success it does not give a license to be underhanded & the bottom line - its hard to support people you cant trust.

MK Eagle said:
If you choose to coach or play for another club & openly let the fans know, its best wishes & thanks for your contribution at the Seaeagles - best of luck in the future.
If you have done a deal & pretend you are still a Seaeagles man it becomes a different dynamic - people feel betrayed & let down. Anyone who believes this is a recent decision made after the GF is a moron & though thankful of the contribution & success it does not give a license to be underhanded & the bottom line - its hard to support people you cant trust.

On this note, one point that I don't think has got enough air play is the simple fact that Des signed a contract with still a year to run on his contract with Manly.

What Hasler has done is deliberately put himself in the position where it is impossible for him to fulfil fundamental obligations under his existing contract with Manly for a whole season. These are key obligations which relate to recruitment and the future development of the club. Manly is not getting what it is paying for and this is questionable on a moral and ethical basis, if not a legal one.

If the real reason for Des deciding to leave was his inability to get along with the Board, why did he commit himself to another club 12 months out when he still has to stick around and deal with the people he claims to dislike for 12 months? Who knows - We could have new owners and a completely new Board within 12 months. That is hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

As I see it, if his beef was with the Board, if he was to maintain his integrity he had 2 options:
1. Tell them all to get stuffed and sit out next season on the basis that he can't work with them; or
2. If he doesn't feel that strongly, recognise that he is contracted to Manly for 12 more months and wait and see whether his issues with the Board can be resolved before his contract expires.

The more you think about it, the more obvious it is that he just went for the cash without any real regard for the club, the players or the fans.

MadMarcus said:
MK Eagle said:

On this note, one point that I don't think has got enough air play is the simple fact that Des signed a contract with still a year to run on his contract with Manly.

What Hasler has done is deliberately put himself in the position where it is impossible for him to fulfil fundamental obligations under his existing contract with Manly for a whole season. These are key obligations which relate to recruitment and the future development of the club. Manly is not getting what it is paying for and this is questionable on a moral and ethical basis, if not a legal one.

If the real reason for Des deciding to leave was his inability to get along with the Board, why did he commit himself to another club 12 months out when he still has to stick around and deal with the people he claims to dislike for 12 months? Who knows - We could have new owners and a completely new Board within 12 months. That is hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

As I see it, if his beef was with the Board, if he was to maintain his integrity he had 2 options:
1. Tell them all to get stuffed and sit out next season on the basis that he can't work with them; or
2. If he doesn't feel that strongly, recognise that he is contracted to Manly for 12 more months and wait and see whether his issues with the Board can be resolved before his contract expires.

The more you think about it, the more obvious it is that he just went for the cash without any real regard for the club, the players or the fans.

Very well thought out assessment of the situation. I wonder if Des took up the option for 2112 so if the situation becomes untenable the "get out clauses" for some players could become active.

bazeagle said:
This forum has deteriorated to a new childish low.
Here's the thing.
We do live in a democracy and Des, plus Crusher are free to leave their jobs and go work elsewhere, as they have chosen to do.
People on here need to pull their heads in and respect other's decisions as regards their employment and their future's.
Des and Crusher owe MRLFC zip.
yea,they can get new jobs,that's right,its all the lieing that has gone with it,they don't owe Manly zip,but they owe the fans heaps,we have been the victims in all this,so no I wont pull my head in,I will say what I want about how I feel,this has cut a lot of fans real deep and they are hurting about all the deception that has gone on,and about all those coming out now saying,good one Bazeagle,where have you lot been,so if that's being childish,then I don't give a rats as I am one of the one,s that it has cut deep

TWO DOGS said:
MadMarcus said:
MK Eagle said:

Very well thought out assessment of the situation. I wonder if Des took up the option for 2112 so if the situation becomes untenable the "get out clauses" for some players could become active.

I really don't think that Des would be around in 2112 to be taking up any options :D

Masterblaster that's some stream of consciousness. William Burroughs and Jack Kerouac would be proud.

DSM5 said:
Masterblaster that's some stream of consciousness. William Burroughs and Jack Kerouac would be proud.
oh well,I tell it like I see it,lol,like I said its cut me deep,like i guess it has with other,s,Im not saying that they aren't entitled to go for other jobs,its just their blatant lieing

bazeagle said:
Here's the thing.
We do live in a democracy and Des, plus Crusher are free to leave their jobs and go work elsewhere, as they have chosen to do.
People on here need to pull their heads in and respect other's decisions as regards their employment and their future's.

still think the same way now

For me, posting comments on a forum after a few beers is not a good idea. It can cause you to think less and say more. I recently found this to be the case.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
bazeagle said:
Here's the thing.

still think the same way now
Na, still think the same. The other's leaving "with Des" are also free to do what they like and work with whoever they choose. Whether the MRLFC Board is doing a good job of running the club, and keeping good people/staff happy and secure is altogether another matter and has been discussed ad infinitum in other threads here.

Cambo said:
DSM5 said:
Mercenary, one who is motivated solely for monetary gain.

De$ Ha$ler (hope thats not offensive manlybacker)

I am extremely offended by that statement Cam.I think I'll go into the corner and have a little cry.How dare you write something so horrible about the great mr personality!( I suppose you guessed by now that this is a gee-up).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2