Choc on Nein

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
globaleagle said:
niccipops said:
Thanks HM. I didn't read the 'takes them a while to post it' bit and went on an unsuccessful clicking frenzy.:shy: I'll have a look later. Cheers.

lol, don't you always tell your students: RTFQ...or RTQ before exams??

(read the question)
Haha. No, I practically tell them what to write through over-the-top hints and they still come up with irrelevant responses. Being QLD kids you'd think they could at least one of their two heads.:p
Jokes. I love my kiddies and I do have one eight-year-old who could probably outscore most adults on any exam.
She's got a really cool teacher.;)

Sounds like she has a private tutor! lol #nocreditforyou!

The salary cap is a balancing act. Always has been. This balancing act has been particularly tough at our club in recent times. An NRL club's administration has to struggle with existing player contracts for both current and future years when negotiating new ones. This has to be balanced with the current and future needs of a club's roster. Players will come and go. Sometimes it will be their decision. Sometimes not.

That's life. That's business. That's footy. It is what it is.

Our club's struggle with the salary cap has been well documented. We have let players go, and we have also signed for the future. Having such an integral player in our team like Matai want to leave to play for another club is unacceptable to me in light of the tightrope we walk with the cap. Deals have been made based on who we have and the deals currently in place. A player wanting to leave for another club is not a trivial thing. It throws the balance out. I back the club 100% in wanting him to honor his contract. If Matai wishes he can go to the Warriors in 2016. Good luck to him then.

As for Choc, he is simply wrong.

I disagree with just about everything in this thread.

Choc is an absolute genius!!!!!

He knows the Manly club thrives and wins Premierships in the face of this sort of adversity so he is feeding it to ensure the "backs to the wall" mentality stays right through to the full time whistle on GF day.

Absolute GENIUS!!!!!!

Choc has certainly earned the right to have his say, that's fine. But personally I think it's now going overboard. We are constantly fighting against the 'ructions and divisions' going on at the club, and then we have more interviews coming out showing the club is anything but united.

It is a tough one, because I have no issue with the players talking to the media or having their say, but in this case, enough is enough. If Choc has an issue I'd much prefer he takes it up with Perry or Tooves etc. Bringing it up to a serpent like Weidler is only asking for trouble. And hmmmmm jeez I wonder what Rothtool's lead story will be on sunday?

So frustrating not being able to find any footage of what Choc said. Strangely it appears to have been buried... Channel 9 post the Buderus perfect partners segment but not the Choc interview ?!?!

KaZa said:
If any senior players are unhappy. They should be let go. Including Watmough. We always have and always will find replacements and be successful. They can all goto Souths or Warriors or wherever. They won't win a championship again.

haha yeah righto. Let's see how many GF's we get into in the next decade if Watmough and Matai leave in the next 12 months along with Stewart.

The Conspiracy continues :p

I watched it and transcribed most of it in my previous post.

Choc has a good heart and I completely share his sentiments. Matai has sacrificed enough for Manly to be given the opportunity to set himself up with a huge contract; Wolfie was just backing himself to win and the Players trust him still :)

DannyWeidler is on twitter, so ask him to upload it :idea:

Choc you are a Manly legend and you have given so much to this club and I would suggest every Manly fan loves and admires you. Please, please, please don't do a Ha$ler and tarnish the image you have worked so hard to develop over your career at Manly. Stop talking to that excuse for a journo and stop publically bagging the Club that employs you and will be around a longtime after you depart, it's poor form mate and you are starting to lose the respect of the faithful.

Not me @"Pommie Eagle"

I understand and respect where you and others are coming from.

I feel men like Choc, Skivy and Gift are massive parts of the ''club'' right now, and with up to, or more than a decade's service to Manly, are entitled to a reasonable opinion (that many ppl actually agree with).

Many marriages don't last half as long as these blokes have been together!

We all like the fairytail where the great player who we admire goes out as the one Club player. This sometimes works out but it did not for Fulton, Vautin, Menzies and now Gifty. For the last 40 years we rarely drop too far down the ladder and spend most of it in the top 1/3. It is a tough business that requires sentiment and passion tapered with hard nose decisions. If you pay too much at the top end for 30 + yr old player you suck the funds you need for the next generation. Sentiment is great but there has to be a compromise or you slip very quickly down the ladder.

This is all crap like gibbsy said on his sports show on 2ue the other night.If you're contracted it's up to the club if it wants to release players not the individual himself.

As for choc a few weeks ago he started all this trouble with his say on dce getting all this money & causing the club to oust gifty.I now see brett stewart who's been close with choc a long time close with dce.Brett please fix any internal player rift if you're reading this.

These players want to dictate who the club signs, how much the club pays. It's one thing to support your mate. Completely another to cause an internal ruckus at your club. Poor form Choc disgusted in you.

IMO, the players are taking the piss with some of the things they're saying, and then laughing amongst themselves at the stories which result.
Snake's dislike of the media is well known, and he is very good friends with Choc and Matai. I just can't see how the team could play as well as they have been if there was any player disharmony.

bones said:
IMO, the players are taking the piss with some of the things they're saying, and then laughing amongst themselves at the stories which result.
Snake's dislike of the media is well known, and he is very good friends with Choc and Matai. I just can't see how the team could play as well as they have been if there was any player disharmony.

I like your theory bones and hope you are right. As you say, the players will be p*ssing themselves if it is all a gee-up.

bones said:
Well if there is disharmony to the extent that is being reported, can you imagine how we would be going if everything is hunky dory?.
No disharmony at the Sharks though.

Reports now that Watmough is in discussions for a 2 year extension.

Link:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-bad-boys-sequel-as-cronulla-sharks-eye-halfback-robert-lui/story-fni3fbgz-1226992697927?from=public_rss

(Snippet from article) "We mentioned a few weeks back how Anthony Watmough had sounded out Eels coach Brad Arthur, amid his disenchantment with Manly management for failing to re-sign Glenn Stewart.

The latest mail suggests Parramatta is willing to buy-out a large chunk of Watmough’s heavily back-ended deal for next year, which is worth $970,000.

But Manly coach Geoff Toovey is adamant that no players will be released early and has commenced negotiations with Watmough’s management for a two-year extension."

Article also says Wolfman is linked to Roosters next year.

bones said:
Well if there is disharmony to the extent that is being reported, can you imagine how we would be going if everything is hunky dory?.
No disharmony at the Sharks though.

bones said:
Bonza bones . Our players are happy and the result is on the field not on the crap newspaper stories

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7