christian life centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Still haven't seen the light and gone to Belconnen Baptist Goldie???? ;)

I went once to Belconnen Baptist when I 1st moved to Canberra some 12 years ago as it was my wife's family church.
There was no atmosphere in the place & the preacher nearly put me to sleep......
But - I do believe that the place has changed & they are very community focused!
I still have relatives that attend BBC and I have been back once for a wedding.
I could tell you quite a bit of history about the place that makes my stomach churn......

[quote author=Daniel]
What colour is God?\"

Thats easy Dan he/she is translucent otherwise you would be able to see him/her, he/she is everywhere after all.

[/quote]

then if we were created in his image, why are we not translucent?

Do tell Goldie (in PM preferably!!!)

That would have been Linton Smith speaking - not the most charismatic of characters. Now they have Gordon Moyes' son heading it up. Doing a good job by all accounts.

[quote author=Utility Player]
[quote author=Daniel]
What colour is God?\"

Thats easy Dan he/she is translucent otherwise you would be able to see him/her, he/she is everywhere after all.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are we talking about soul or spirit

and pre or post fall?

At the end of the day - it is the same God that we worship, just in different ways! People get religion & God mixed up. Religion gives God a bad name!

[quote author=Daniel]
What colour is God?\"

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some of us are mate, some of us are :lol:

At the end of the day - it is the same God that we worship, just in different ways! People get religion & God mixed up. Religion gives God a bad name!

Agreed. (Hence my sig)

Amen to that Goldie

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=Daniel]
What colour is God?\"

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are we talking about soul or spirit

and pre or post fall?

[/quote]

"God created man in his image"

the way it is stated is in appearance.

Tere are noe 2 ways about it mate. DOnt fall into the trap you so often argue against with regards to religion. I expect better of you

Well... what about the possibility that the word 'image' is not using the 'concrete' definition, but something along the lines of "an iconic mental representation"?

Then if so this removes free will and means we would each be like god and the same!

I think you are taking the word image too literally Daniel, Imo it should be taken as meaning similarity (2 arms 2 legs 1 head) rather than exact copies. If god could knock up the universe in a week surley he could put a design feature into his greatest creation that would allow them to tell each other apart.

Dan is thinking with the inherited Western mindset that comes from the Greek where physical and spirit are delineated.

He forgets that the genesis texts were written by and for semitic people that had a much more holistic understanding of our existence.

that seems an odd interpretation, made to conveniently fit your view!

read them thar texts again matey

arrghh but whether you look at it wholistically or not it amounts to the same, to be created in ones image would require some more common theme of both mind and body. It would detract more from individualism both physically and mentally.

Define flogging a dead horse.

A) Matas and Dan in a religous argument which neither will win as they are both immune to the others viewpoint.

B)Matas and Dan in a religous argument because they are both ****stirrers :)

C) All of the above...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8