Clinton Gutherson hops up to the Junior Kangaroos team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Congratulations Clint Gutherson

The try he set up returning the ball from the wing vs. Tigers makes me feel confident about life post Snake.
Will be a very good player wouldn't mind him hitting the weights hard in the off season.

well done to Clint!

Maybe his haircut is his strength!

He is a ready made replacement for Snake when he finishes.

He will hopefully get time in first grade to get some experience. We have a really solid prospect in this lad.

Gutherson has that great instinct as a player that you dont teach, the positional presence to be at the place at the right time.
Though his pace is not electric he has that gliding running action thats deceptive & seems to move just quickly enough to find the line when in the open.
With a bit more upper body strength will prove a real handful in 2-3 years & he seems confident not cocky, sort of player I like in the Maroon & White.
Hope our depth at fullback does not create drama as young Tom Trjobovic is also a gun fullback , its going to be a juggling act to keep them both because theres no doubt other clubs will circle & offer them both the number 1 jersey.

Related article:

Clinton Gutherson hops up to the Junior Kangaroos team

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily
October 08, 2014 4:00PM

Rising Sea Eagles star - Clinton Gutherson has received some consolation for the club's disappointing end to the season with selection at fullback in the Junior Kangaroos team to play the Junior Kiwis.

One of the hottest young guns in the game, the Manly junior will start at fullback in the match at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday week.

Read More

Rising Sea Eagles star ­ Clinton Gutherson has received some consolation for the club's disappointing end to the season with selection at fullback in the Junior Kangaroos team to play the Junior Kiwi
Clinton-Gutherson-2.jpg
s.

One of the hottest young guns in the game, the Manly junior will start at fullback in the match at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday week.

"The year has been pretty good other than losing the semi (to Canterbury)," Gutherson said.

After making his NRL debut in the final round of the 2013 season, Gutherson impressed in his three games this season and scored three tries.

He also bounced back after being sidelined for five weeks with a broken foot.

He was selected in the Junior Kangaroos squad last year but didn't make the team.

After playing with the Junior Kangaroos, Gutherson said he will work ­towards his goal of securing a regular spot in the Sea ­Eagles top 17.

"I'll get into the pre-­season and hopefully get a spot somewhere," he said.

Gutherson said he was a much more confident player than last year and that showed on the field.

"Everyone said: 'Play the way you want to play' and I took that on board," he said. "I'm just enjoying my footy."

The Sea Eagles would probably have had another representative in the Junior Kangaroos if outstanding young prop Jake Trbojevic didn't miss the second half of the season with a foot injury.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/clinton-gutherson-hops-up-to-the-junior-kangaroos-team/story-fngr8iii-1227084029304

Ramrod said:
Bomack44 said:
Starting winger 2015 until Jorge gets his mojo back

Jorge's career in the wing is over. Straight to the forwards! He'll reinvent himself as a Prop with speed like BJ.

I agree, only I would say a backrower rather than a prop. Running a little wider where there is a bit more space and he can leverage his speed.

pjayz said:
Ramrod said:
Bomack44 said:
Starting winger 2015 until Jorge gets his mojo back

Jorge's career in the wing is over. Straight to the forwards! He'll reinvent himself as a Prop with speed like BJ.

I agree, only I would say a backrower rather than a prop. Running a little wider where there is a bit more space and he can leverage his speed.

Yes. Imagine She-Rex on the wing these days.

Cliffymagic said:
Nice article on nrl .com bout gutherson .really hope he becomes a star for us.

Article added to Silvertails News with discussion thread added here:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-News-Gutherson-keen-to-be-Stewart-s-successor

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4