Club is Broke?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting discussions to come out of this article.
Kelly or Mayer? this will keep the rumours going
Poor crowds, whose fault, weather,ground, nrl scheduling, teams performances
Club going broke, apart from just a few clubs, who isn't. The list would be alarming when you consider grants to clubs from their own Leagues Club. Canterbury Football usually get $4m a year from Canterbury Leagues. That's a big head start over Manly, Souths, GC and at most times Cronulla.
Warwick gone really thought he was doing a good job. I wonder if this means Cleal is on his way back. Not everyone is happy with the Hasler team at the Dogs, and I guess it may be from both sides of the fence. Dog fans are always questioning what Cleal is doing there.
and we still got the Toovey v Barrett saga.
Plenty more Manly stories in the media coming up, hope we win a few games.
Pretty funny with warwick. Not to hate on the bloke but who has he really brought in or identified? it's not like we've poached any superstar juniors in the last 4 years or poached anyone for that matter. He was protected because we were getting good results but where was the succession planning from the recruitment manager lol.

Really disappointed to hear that Dave Warwick has been moved on. IMO a great talent scout. I don't credit Cleal with much other identifying Jamie Lyon when he worked for the eels. The rest of the time I would suggest he rode Warwicks coat tail.

A new owner means new associations and new ideas. I guess all things evolve and change. But we have lost one of the best in Warwick. Bozo is close to rep teams, and like Bennett an injection of cash seems to follow his every move, when he does inject himself back inton this club.

It is a bit different chasing a rep player with an open cheque book. Dave Warwicks genius at Manly was knowing he had no cash to play with and identifying players like Brenton Lawrence taken from being nevil in QCUP to a representative level player in the NRL.

Sorry to hear Dave.
Brenton Lawrence was playing nrl for the titans?

I would hope he is being replaced by someone who can spot talent. Wow calling someones kids dumb classy as always.

Is it still too soon to mention that forbidden, behind closed doors topic that is Scott Fulton being selected time and time again.

Bozo was a great footballer, and a great coach. But it is timely given he is back involved at the club, to remember what appeared to bring his coaching career to an end. Being to close to a player in the playing group, perhaps selecting through rose coloured glasses.

At a time when many a folk correctly are critical of Toov's refusing to play a second hooker, perhaps we need to only look back to the mid 90's. Who remembers the shaking of heads every time son of bozo was selected. Is it little wonder that 20 odd years later and Toov's is still refusing to select a hooker off the bench.

The club aint broke, ifyou can work your books so the nrl give you cash then that is the way forward, do the penns need Manly to make a profit every year?

Is it still too soon to mention that forbidden, behind closed doors topic that is Scott Fulton being selected time and time again.

Bozo was a great footballer, and a great coach. But it is timely given he is back involved at the club, to remember what appeared to bring his coaching career to an end. Being to close to a player in the playing group, perhaps selecting through rose coloured glasses.

At a time when many a folk correctly are critical of Toov's refusing to play a second hooker, perhaps we need to only look back to the mid 90's. Who remembers the shaking of heads every time son of bozo was selected. Is it little wonder that 20 odd years later and Toov's is still refusing to select a hooker off the bench.

Wouldn't that be his fathers problem? him being dumb or intelligent has nothing to do with anything.

Mavin, why don't you come back to the world and join us on your normal account? Yes we all know you have three of them, but most of us have DBK on ignore, and lil is only 24 in.

I'm sure you would cop a ribbing or 2 for the DCE thing, but it will all be forgotten soon enough.

Surely being derided for being wrong on an internet forum isn't something to be scared of ?

I'm not so convinced that Dave Warwick is that flash of a recruiter. I think the club tried to put a positive spin on him when he stayed. Cleal has found most of our talented first graders like Stewart Brothers, DCE and Buhrer and single handedly landed Jamie Lyon. Warwick found a lot of the reserve graders that we are using as first graders like JSL & Horo etc that we have at the moment and our NSW cup team doesn't exactly set the world on fire. He cant really lay claim to the Turbo's because they were local Jnr's anyway. Cleal on the other hand has recruited serious talent at the Dog's like Moses M'bye who just like DCE was a few years ago could be the next big thing. Proof is in the pudding really. Warwick would have had alot to do with our negotiations with DCE and Foran and our recruitment in the last year or two has been pretty average to say the least. Not sure how much it was Warwicks fault though to be honest.

I'm not so convinced that Dave Warwick is that flash of a recruiter. I think the club tried to put a positive spin on him when he stayed. Cleal has found most of our talented first graders like Stewart Brothers, DCE and Buhrer and single handedly landed Jamie Lyon. Warwick found a lot of the reserve graders that we are using as first graders like JSL & Horo etc that we have at the moment and our NSW cup team doesn't exactly set the world on fire. He cant really lay claim to the Turbo's because they were local Jnr's anyway. Cleal on the other hand has recruited serious talent at the Dog's like Moses M'bye who just like DCE was a few years ago could be the next big thing. Proof is in the pudding really. Warwick would have had alot to do with our negotiations with DCE and Foran and our recruitment in the last year or two has been pretty average to say the least. Not sure how much it was Warwicks fault though to be honest.
Who else has clear found at the dogs since Oct 2011? Not that many recently.

Dave Warwick is a good bloke and a great recruiter. He did all the work under Crusher and never got the thanks for it. Crusher took all the thanks for woks good work. The dogs in 2011 wanted wok and not crusher .It was de$$ who insisted that Crush go with him. They paid Crusher 3 times what manly were paying at the time. Warrwick has set the junior program up over the last decade and it has worked wonders bringing great kids through.

KELLY decided to tell Dave that he was not wanted next year on the day Daves FATHER DIED. Kelly new this but told him anyway. This just tells you about the guy we have running the place.
Just look at how he treated other staff and got court out. I have no time for this man.
It is as low as you can go. One week or so would not of made any difference.
Any one who knows wok will know he is a good man.

Last edited:
Mmmm kelly has certainly sacked some staff at manly. Not sure whether this was the right or wrong thing however he has moved a lot of people on.

Dave Warwick is a good bloke and a great recruiter. He did all the work under Crusher and never got the thanks for it. Crusher took all the thanks for woks good work. The dogs in 2011 wanted wok and not crusher .It was de$$ who insisted that Crush go with him. They paid Crusher 3 times what manly were paying at the time. Warrwick has set the junior program up over the last decade and it has worked wonders bringing great kids through.

KELLY decided to tell Dave that he was not wanted next year on the day Daves FATHER DIED. Kelly new this but told him anyway. This just tells you about the guy we have running the place.
Just look at how he treated other staff and got court out. I have no time for this man.

There is another side as well... There was a lot of juniors from Harold Matts upwards whose parents felt they were not treated fairly under Warwick over many years and they will be happy he has gone. Some juniors just walked out and left depressed with no follow up, as they weren't getting a go and if they spoke up, they were worried they would be cut. There was no Communication or PR to parents and junior players, now there are a lot of very happy juniors and parents glad that Bozo has taken over recruitment and will also be looking after the juniors, he has grandsons playing as well

Do you know if Mary and the other girl succeeded with their unfair dismissal claim against the club?

Do you know if Mary and the other girl succeeded with their unfair dismissal claim against the club?

Yes I do . Mary and Sandra took on Kelly and the club for wrongful dismissal and right up to the last day before it went to court the club settled. They had to . Kelly did the wrong thing to these girls and to a lot of loyal manly people that have been around the club for years.
Just remember that the club has won comps and made profits so these people are all out for politics only. They have bullied a lot of good people who have just been doing there jobs
Zorba has been behind most of it by telling Kelly what to do.
Very sad and weak of Kelly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4