Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garrick as good as gone I feel. Love him but no way we will or should be paying a winger on fullback money.

Newcastle is pushing for Manly’s Reuben Garrick to be granted an immediate release — a move that would allow Knights superstar Kalyn Ponga to shift directly into the halves.

Garrick, 25, has a contract at Brookvale for next season but the Knights are anxious for the prolific point scorer to play fullback next season.

Should Manly refuse to release Garrick, Newcastle would need to wait until November 1 — next Tuesday — to lodge a formal offer for 2024.

Newcastle has long-term interest in Garrick but the Knights’ interest would wane for 2024 if he’s not released by Manly for 2023.

The Daily Telegraph has been told talks between both clubs over Garrick are continuing.

Newcastle want Ponga in the halves but are unable to complete the switch until the club acquires a first string fullback. That, the club thinks, would be Garrick.

During such an unstable period at the club, Manly may be reluctant to allow crowd favourite Garrick to walk out – thus creating further headlines for the already embattled club.

Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic is recovering well from a season-ending shoulder injury and will certainly be fit and ready for round one next season.

In a text to The Daily Telegraph, Trbojevic wrote: “I am going well and, yes, I will be good to go for round one.”

It remains unknown whether his return will impact Manly’s decision over Garrick, who has ably substituted for Trbojevic in recent years.

Garrick is being paid winger’s money at Manly but could earn considerably more as a fullback.

The Sea Eagles have no immediate plans to release Garrick early but would carefully consider their position should the star player express a strong desire to play fullback.

Garrick won’t play fullback at Brookvale given he is behind Trbojevic with young Kaeo Weekes stamped as a future fullback along with Tolu Koula.

While no offer has been lodged, Manly has plans to extend Garrick.

The Sea Eagles may feel that letting Garrick depart now would leave the club short of depth in the outside backs.

Garrick scored 162 points this year and a stunning 334 points in 2021. He has spoken previously about an aspiration to play fullback.

When asked about playing fullback back in April, Garrick said: “I enjoy it. It’s a bit of a change-up from wing.”

Former Manly coach Des Hasler, when asked about Garrick switching to fullback, said in July: “Obviously Reuben still has that ability, he has that fitness and has that ability to turn up at different parts of the field, which is required of one to do these days (from fullback).”

Manly returns to off-season training in mid-November.

Speculation around Luke Brooks leaving for Newcastle refuses to dissipate despite constant denials by Wests Tigers management.
So Manly let the good ones go and keep the duds. I'll be disappointed to lose Garrick because he is one of our best players and can play anywhere in the back line and goal kick. 😔

What happens if turbo gets injured…….again?

Just sayin’
Weekes. As it should have been this year.
Weekes is a natural fullback. Reubs is a very talented player who tries his guts out but was getting his positional play and defensive reads (for the team) a little bit wrong.
Great winger and brilliant goal kicker.

Last edited:
The club would be crazy to let Garrick go now. Keep him for another year at least.

If Porcelovic goes down again next year in say Round 3 with a season-ending suspected broken fingernail, we will want to have someone with some decent experience filling in again.

KO Weekes will get more opportunities at Manly in due course.

Tom Porcelovic...😂😂

That's gold Terry, gold!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8