Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Sea Eagles​

• Morgan Boyle (foot, TBC)
  • Josh Aloiai (knee, TBC)
  • Reuben Garrick (shoulder, TBC)
  • Morgan Harper (shoulder, pre-season)
  • Taniela Paseka (knee, pre-season)
  • Ben Trbojevic (shoulder, pre-season)
  • Tom Trbojevic (shoulder, round one)
  • Jason Saab (knee, round one)
  • Alec Tuitavake (knee, round one)
  • Karl Lawton (knee, indefinite)
Jason Saab just confirmed on SEN that he won't be ready until May

Footy acquaintance mentioned the other day how it might have been handy to have Cade Cust in the Manly ranks now with his halves and 9 versatility . No doubt would be but probably still going well in the E S L[ and money wise ] and would hardly expect him now to be satisfied playing back up roles at N R L level . Still could be an issue with the halves situation at different stages , D C E will have some S O O duties , all things normal and not taking into account injury factors there or at 6 . Weekes should be more then capable of playing as a 6 , doubt a 7 role with his general style of play . Humphries , Cooper Johns , not sure there yet for some smooth transition if needed Still some unknowns in that area and just to be quite realistic .

Still could be an issue with the halves situation at different stages , D C E will have some S O O duties , all things normal and not taking into account injury factors there or at 6 . Weekes should be more then capable of playing as a 6 , doubt a 7 role with his general style of play . Humphries , Cooper Johns
You're right, our halves depth is an Achilles heal. Schu has not exactly shown himself to be durable so far, and DCE might be due to miss games simply on the law of averages, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Humphreys needs to show he is more than your basic (inadequate) Kyle Flanagan pass-and-kick half, otherwise it will be Johns as the fill-in. If we have to play a game without Schu and DCE we'll be no chance.

Humphries could still come on a bit and be competitive at N R L level as a half . Seems to cover most of the basics all right , not sure on the defensive requirements though or yet
All players have the opportunity to step and the heights they will reach depend on their attitude ,
and commitment , but Most of all their DNA Potential in their Natural ability of Their gifted talents

The Natural ability and Gifted superior Speed of Koula and Saab out in the clear and clear ahead of their slower opposition

Speed Kills and the faster you go the bigger the mess you make to the inferior slower mediocre opposition
See the source image

Last edited:
Wow..you really go on a tangent if you don't like someone's comments. Just an innocent question, and you go all ape s... about it. Until next time, have a good day..
I'm happy to dip a toe again.

@Eagle 1 Woody is just a bit of an old time bully boy who just found the world wide web so i wouldnt worry too much. Its like a roundabout to nowhere sometimes.

when i first decided to have a run on these boards it didnt take long to recognise his modis operandi. I called him out pretty early and we have butted heads ever since. From calling people numbnuts to just being antagonistic is the way he runs. I'm no boy scout but I can spot a bull****ter from miles away.

I try my best now to ignore and move on (which I'm obviously not doing now) because in his case its just not worth arguing with a bitter old man from 500miles away.

Although on that point it is getting more difficult given every second new thread is a Woody special even thou most topics have a perfectly good thread already. Nothing like a bit of double dipping.

I'm happy to dip a toe again.

@Eagle 1 Woody is just a bit of an old time bully boy who just found the world wide web so i wouldnt worry too much. Its like a roundabout to nowhere sometimes.

when i first decided to have a run on these boards it didnt take long to recognise his modis operandi. I called him out pretty early and we have butted heads ever since. From calling people numbnuts to just being antagonistic is the way he runs. I'm no boy scout but I can spot a bull****ter from miles away.

I try my best now to ignore and move on (which I'm obviously not doing now) because in his case its just not worth arguing with a bitter old man from 500miles away.

Although on that point it is getting more difficult given every second new thread is a Woody special even thou most topics have a perfectly good thread already. Nothing like a bit of double dipping.

For a bloke that continually cries victim ... you always seem to be the one to make first contact ... desperately seeking attention ... poor wee lamb.

... And you are always the hero ... in your own stories at least ... must be so reassuring, being wonderful ... no faults ... never wrong ...

.. either that, or you have the memory of a gold fish ...

And no thought of me ... we bully's don't get it easy you know .... there is no shortage of numbnuts to be called or people requiring a good dose of antagonism, to deal with ...

For a bloke that continually cries victim ... you always seem to be the one to make first contact ... desperately seeking attention ... poor wee lamb.

... And you are always the hero ... in your own stories at least ... must be so reassuring, being wonderful ... no faults ... never wrong ...

.. either that, or you have the memory of a gold fish ...

And no thought of me ... we bully's don't get it easy you know .... there is no shortage of numbnuts to be called or people requiring a good dose of antagonism, to deal with ...
Ha ha well said. We all benefit from a good dose of antagonism one way or another unless you truly believe you are 100% perfect. Keep up the good work mate.

Club is certainly showing some confidence in Saab with the contract extension but just on pace alone [ which very hopefully will not be affected ] , fairly sound move . Game should continue to develop and confidence level and sure that his last impressive effort against the Eels can be a good indication going forward that he can reflect on favorably . Still see Garrick as the other best wing option . two of the quicker wingers going around really and not to include their other good capacities Tippytoes probably is more then capable of coming good again , most likely will be the best option until Saab is ready to resume . Sure that [ Ray ] Vagea will have a decent crack in the trials also .

Greating to see Saab keen on improving his yardage game
He was/is listed in his player profile at 101 kgs, and yet in the article he says that he is 107 kgs.

Hopefully that is an extra 6 kgs of muscle that he's added while he's been off - I would hate to think that Saab is known on a first-name basis at his local KFC............

If he can run as fast as he has - and is now 107 kgs - he many become our team's 'brand new weapon'

And Scott Donald
Donald was pretty good.

Darren Clark was a 400m runner, not sure why Alan Jones thought that was going to translate to rugby league. Jones is a fool though. 400 metre runners hit their top speed between 200 and 300 metres, then try to hold form under fatigue for the last 100.

Most nrl quality league wingers and fullbacks would have more explosive speed than them over 30-70 metres I reckon.

If footy fields were 400 metres long Clark may have had some value.

Last edited:
Donald was pretty good.

Darren Clark was a 400m runner, not sure why Alan Jones thought that was going to translate to rugby league. Jones is a fool though. 400 metre runners hit their top speed between 200 and 300 metres, then try to hold form under fatigue for the last 100.

Most nrl quality league wingers and fullbacks would have more explosive speed than them over 30-70 metres I reckon.

If footy fields were 400 metres long Clark may have had some value.

Darren Clark was pretty good over 100m as well ... he held the Australian title at 10.47 .. might have been the aussie record as well ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8