Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I saw a link that spud carroll had an official role on telegraph website anyone know what it is ?
SPUDD PUTS PRIDE BACK INTO MANLY

Manly has hired club legend Mark ‘Spudd’ Carroll to put the pride and grunt back into the Sea Eagles’ forward pack.

The old front-row enforcer has been punishing the middle forwards in brutal 6am Saturday morning sessions at his Woolloomooloo gym.

Lacking oomph and control of the middle was Manly’s biggest issue last year as they bombed out of contention with seven straight losses.

Carroll is convinced they can turn it around.

From left: Taniela Paseka, Viliami Fifita, James Uesele, Sean Keppie, Ethan Bullemor, Mark ‘Spudd’ Carroll, Toff Sipley, Gordon Cham Kum Tong, Zac Fulton, Austin Dias, Jacob Sykes, Ben Condon, Jake Trbojevic.

From left: Taniela Paseka, Viliami Fifita, James Uesele, Sean Keppie, Ethan Bullemor, Mark ‘Spudd’ Carroll, Toff Sipley, Gordon Cham Kum Tong, Zac Fulton, Austin Dias, Jacob Sykes, Ben Condon, Jake Trbojevic.
“Teams used to be petrified about playing at Brookie because they knew they’d be going home with bumps and bruises from the physical exchanges,” Spudd said.

“These boys can do the same. They ripped in and I could see the aggression and desire in their eyes.”

Toughness and aggression were Carroll’s trademarks in a 185-game NRL career at Penrith, Souths and Manly.

“I used to say if you train hard the playing is easy,” Spudd said. “And no side can play finals without dominating front-rowers.

“I remember one year when I was playing I got 180 stitches in my head from collisions. And (Steve) ‘Beaver’ Menzies scored 23 tries. That’s the job of a middle forward.

“Work hard, dominate and lay the platform.”

Spudd puts Sean Keppie through his paces.

Origin and Kangaroos forward Jake Trbojevic felt every minute of the sessions.

“It was old school hard and punishing,” Trbojevic said. “The way he trained us was the way he played. Spudd’s got so much passion. He wants us to do well and he wants to contribute.”

More Coverage​

Casualty Ward: Double blow for Roosters, Eel sidelinedNot done yet: Hasler ready to answer coaching SOSDebate: Who came out on top in Knights-Tigers player swap?
It was Carroll who contacted new coach Anthony Seibold when he first arrived to take over from Des Hasler.

“He really cares about the players and the club,” Seibold says. “The sessions were really positive and we got lots out of it. To have Spudd and other former players behind us is really important.”

Manly has hired club legend Mark ‘Spudd’ Carroll to put the pride and grunt back into the Sea Eagles’ forward pack.

The old front-row enforcer has been punishing the middle forwards in brutal 6am Saturday morning sessions at his Woolloomooloo gym.

Lacking oomph and control of the middle was Manly’s biggest issue last year as they bombed out of contention with seven straight losses.

“Teams used to be petrified about playing at Brookie because they knew they’d be going home with bumps and bruises from the physical exchanges,” Spudd said.

“These boys can do the same. They ripped in and I could see the aggression and desire in their eyes.”

Toughness and aggression were Carroll’s trademarks in a 185-game NRL career at Penrith, Souths and Manly.

“I used to say if you train hard the playing is easy,” Spudd said. “And no side can play finals without dominating front-rowers.

“I remember one year when I was playing I got 180 stitches in my head from collisions. And (Steve) ‘Beaver’ Menzies scored 23 tries. That’s the job of a middle forward.

“It was old school hard and punishing,” Trbojevic said. “The way he trained us was the way he played. Spudd’s got so much passion. He wants us to do well and he wants to contribute.”

More Coverage​

Casualty Ward: Double blow for Roosters, Eel sidelinedNot done yet: Hasler ready to answer coaching SOSDebate: Who came out on top in Knights-Tigers player swap?
It was Carroll who contacted new coach Anthony Seibold when he first arrived to take over from Des Hasler.

“He really cares about the players and the club,” Seibold says. “The sessions were really positive and we got lots out of it. To have Spudd and other former players behind us is really important.”
That's brilliant loved the way Spud played

More Coverage​

Good start, but I hope it encompasses more that training at Spudd's.
Need him at apposed sessions on the training paddock and I'd go as far as giving him a water bottle on game day for all home games.

The 1973 Winning Grand final was the most brutal one of them all and it was no place for the selfish or faint hearted

Peters put his body on the line for the love of his club and his team mates

Peters does not have to prove anything to anyone feathered friend

single-use-only-manly-1973-fxj373759.jpg
They are not mutually exclusive. Peter Peters can win a premiership and still be a cock head. Peter's is a proven first class, man of the last quarter century wining cock head.

This is a good news story all round , full credit to the ladies and all their coaching , support staff and supporters . Not sure of the caliber of a side like the West Tigers but irrespective the Many side sure seems to have a good mix of enthusiasm and ability .

A friendly reminder that the Sea Eagles now have a dedicated pathways page where you can read all the latest news on our Tarsha Gale Cup, Harold Matthews, SG Ball, and Jersey Flegg teams.

Pathways

SEA EAGLES

Nathaniel Roache and Samuela Fainu

In one of the feel-good stories over summer, Roache picked up a train-and-trial opportunity with Manly after an awful run with injuries. The 26-year-old hooker played 26 games over five seasons for the Warriors before joining the Eels in 2021 but a knee injury sidelined him for the entire 2022 season. Roache is expected to get time in the upcoming trials and provides coach Anthony Seibold with some capable back-up at dummy-half. Then there’s Fainu — the 193cm, 107kg prop that’s still eligible to play SG Ball. Fainu has impressed the coaching staff — and his teammates — in his first NRL pre-season since joining the Top 30 so much that Jason Saab believes the 19-year-old will get a debut this season. Coach Anthony Seibold has also teased a debut for Fainu, recently revealing he’s a fan of the young gun’s game sense and skill.

Very good. Man, how awesome were some of those hits from No 8 (I really should have learned her name - next time). I think the 2nd try scorer got a bit carried away with scoring and forgot about running towards the post. Pretty funny. Great to see tho!!

Sea Eagles team that beat Wests Tigers in historic win

1 Chelsea Smyth, 2 Jordan Fenbow, 3 Taleenza Nelson, 4 Sophia Addington, 5 Luciana Coria-Bates, 6 Aaliyah Haumono, 15 Shahana Lasini-Rite, 8 Tafao Asaua, 9 Ellah Hughes, 10 Emma Louise Felise, 11 Tahlee Maroney, 12 Wanita Leatherby, 13 Ana-Sofima Seia Perez (c); interchange: 14 Alicia Weir, 16 Maraea Toia, 18 Cailen Mamea, 20 Lauren Beaton, reserve: 22 Oshiana Leota

Rd 2 Tarsha Gale Cup team

Rd 2: Sea Eagles team to play Eels in Tarsha Gale Cup

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4