Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be fair, the Tigers results are all you need to know.
Tunnel vision or not, we keep recruiting from the wooden spooners.....sounds like tunnel vision to me.

I can't think of any other business where this is a tried and true method of improving.
I have zero idea on the credentials of the said person , but before dissing on him the least we could both do is see if he’s respected around the traps. Just because he works for the Tigers doesn’t mean he’s ****. But that’s the tunnel vision part isn’t it !!

To be fair , they’ve actually recruited some good players but they just never keep them.

I assume this guy is the same type of recruiter as the one we had when Des went to the Bulldogs and took Crusher, I forget his name now.

He’ll be under Peter Gentle and will probably just be keeping an eye on the western suburbs kids.

Probably not a bad signing if you look at it outside of the tunnel vision view.
Is there a light at the end of that tunnel Mark.. I cant see it, its very dark... :cool::cool::cool:

I have zero idea on the credentials of the said person , but before dissing on him the least we could both do is see if he’s respected around the traps. Just because he works for the Tigers doesn’t mean he’s ****. But that’s the tunnel vision part isn’t it !!
You have zero idea on his credentials
You have full knowledge of the long term failure of the club that he assists
but you still see some light at the end of the dark Tigers tunnel
Now that is tunnel vision feathered friend Mark

McDonnell recruited Benji,Scott Prince,John Bateman and Jahream Bula,to name just 4 players

The West Tigers catchman is known to be one of the best breading local talent
How can any recruitment manager go wrong at the Tigers ?
This is how ...
By disregarding their young up and coming talent like Tadesco , Mitch Moses , Ado Carr , Ryan Papenhyzen and paying overs for Josh Reynolds , Russell Packer , Moses Mbye that failed to deliver

You have zero idea on his credentials
You have full knowledge of the long term failure of the club that he assists
but you still see some light at the end of the dark Tigers tunnel
Now that is tunnel vision feathered friend Mark
Did he recruit James Tedesco as a junior , or Josh Addo Carr, or maybe Mitch Moses , or Ryan Matterson ( and I’m sure there’s many others as well).

There’s been a load of great players come through the Tigers , but they just can’t keep them. He might find them , but it’s up to the club to keep them.

So I don’t blame him for leaving and coming to a better club.

That’s how I’ll choose to look at it anyway.

And remember, a recruiter just finds them , it’s then up to the football department / CEO to keep them.

That’s all I’ll say on this , waste of time trying to be any way positive in this place.

So I don’t blame him for leaving and coming to a better club.

That’s how I’ll choose to look at it anyway.
We do not blame people that are hired to come to our club
We blame the people that hire them when our club fails to deliver

For the sake of our Legendary club I hope all Manly people on our pay roll deliver
That is how I look at it

The West Tigers catchman is known to be one of the best breading local talent
How can any recruitment manager go wrong at the Tigers ?
This is how ...
By disregarding their young up and coming talent like Tadesco , Mitch Moses , Ado Carr , Ryan Papenhyzen and paying overs for Josh Reynolds , Russell Packer , Moses Mbye that failed to deliver
I’d suggest McDonnell had nothing to do with the loss of Tedesco,Moses etc and he was not at the club when Reynolds,Packer and Mbye were recruited

Peter Gentle to list manager. Am I to assume without doing recruiting, list manager becomes another name for assistant coach, just like when the donkeys collected the wooden spoon

Peter Gentle to list manager. Am I to assume without doing recruiting, list manager becomes another name for assistant coach, just like when the donkeys collected the wooden spoon
No, nothing to do with coaching , Peter Gentle is a highly respected recruiter and a “ list manager “ does all the grunt work ( as in mainly on the office ).

It’s why they probably a looking for a recruiter so he can do this job.

As to him being assistant coach , come on , you don’t really think that’s the case do you ?

I have been super frustrated and critical of Siebs and Mestrov, but on this occassion they have done a very good piece of business. Mcdonnell is a great signing. I also think the way in which Mestrov handled the trash piece by Riccio was superb. My outlook for next season is becoming much brighter. Now let's serve up those Panthers a good old fashioned ambush tomorrow night.

No, nothing to do with coaching , Peter Gentle is a highly respected recruiter and a “ list manager “ does all the grunt work ( as in mainly on the office ).

It’s why they probably a looking for a recruiter so he can do this job.

As to him being assistant coach , come on , you don’t really think that’s the case do you ?

We do have an opening as an assistant, and we do have in Gentle one very experienced assistant coach. I don't know that Im confident enough to say never with our club.

I will accept it seems unlikely, more on account of what Seibold had to say when he got appointed head coach, why Flanno was a good fit for him, and where he was left lacking at Brisbane.

I don't know that what Seibold said can be reconciled as not being a bit of a kick in the face to Gentle as an assistant coach not being a good fit in that role to Seibold.

I can kind of picture Seibold or Penn announcing Gentle as the new assistant right now and just twisting all that was said about why Flannos appointment just twisting it around.

It goes something like Penn announcing it was the obvious choice. Gentle a world class assistant coach having previously held such a role at Parramatta, St George, Brisbane Broncos and other coaching roles in the UK. Importantly he has previous experience working alongside our head coach Anthony Seibold . That past experience of a tough season coaching together, they have grown since, continued to enjoy work with each other in other capacities at Manly since and come to realise the both have a lived experience which they now believe makes them the perfect combination to learn from past mistakes and take this great manly club forward.

I'd never say never.

We do have an opening as an assistant, and we do have in Gentle one very experienced assistant coach. I don't know that Im confident enough to say never with our club.

I will accept it seems unlikely, more on account of what Seibold had to say when he got appointed head coach, why Flanno was a good fit for him, and where he was left lacking at Brisbane.

I don't know that what Seibold said can be reconciled as not being a bit of a kick in the face to Gentle as an assistant coach not being a good fit in that role to Seibold.

I can kind of picture Seibold or Penn announcing Gentle as the new assistant right now and just twisting all that was said about why Flannos appointment just twisting it around.

It goes something like Penn announcing it was the obvious choice. Gentle a world class assistant coach having previously held such a role at Parramatta, St George, Brisbane Broncos and other coaching roles in the UK. Importantly he has previous experience working alongside our head coach Anthony Seibold . That past experience of a tough season coaching together, they have grown since, continued to enjoy work with each other in other capacities at Manly since and come to realise the both have a lived experience which they now believe makes them the perfect combination to learn from past mistakes and take this great manly club forward.

I'd never say never.
Maybe , but I’d suggest he’d have to get coaching qualifications first ( having never done it ).

But I’m sure you’ll tag me in when it’s announced.

To be fair , they’ve actually recruited some good players but they just never keep them.

I assume this guy is the same type of recruiter as the one we had when Des went to the Bulldogs and took Crusher, I forget his name now.

He’ll be under Peter Gentle and will probably just be keeping an eye on the western suburbs kids.

Probably not a bad signing if you look at it outside of the tunnel vision view.
The wests tigers have a huge nursery and lots of quality kids. Their issue has been developing the talent to nrl standard… remember paps at storm was a tigers kid

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8