Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Arthur has been pretty impressive at Man.

I can't say I rated him at the Eels. Nor was I particularly excited when he came to Man. It just seemed like a welfare signing at first sight, on the back of him getting abused by parra supporters unhappy the coach was picking his son. Scotty Fulton 2.0 anyone;-)

But having seen Arthur at Man. I reckon Arthur is a better player than I knew. The sky might be the limit when it comes to potential with this kid as well. Add Eels already developed him with a couple of years of exposure in the NRL. Including handling criticism. It's all a learning. It's a bloody great signing.

He's a fraction of the price of Latu. Received a better footballing education to date. I can't help but remember some champion on here mentioning this kid was at Brooky on his own back in Nov or Dec training hard. Proof is in the pudding when you see him now. This kid wants it. And is working hard for it.

Add It's actually more his defence which seen him jump all our other back up halves in 23.

I just love this signing now.

I have no idea where he plays in 24.

But gee rather than moan about Latu being at the tigers. Dam I think we've got a good one here.
Absolutely. I see him as an Isaiah Yeo type lock with a couple more years of body maturity and strength training.

In the meantime he has the skills to be a good halves replacement and bench player.

Arthur has been pretty impressive at Man.

I can't say I rated him at the Eels. Nor was I particularly excited when he came to Man. It just seemed like a welfare signing at first sight, on the back of him getting abused by parra supporters unhappy the coach was picking his son. Scotty Fulton 2.0 anyone;-)

But having seen Arthur at Man. I reckon Arthur is a better player than I knew. The sky might be the limit when it comes to potential with this kid as well. Add Eels already developed him with a couple of years of exposure in the NRL. Including handling criticism. It's all a learning. It's a bloody great signing.

He's a fraction of the price of Latu. Received a better footballing education to date. I can't help but remember some champion on here mentioning this kid was at Brooky on his own back in Nov or Dec training hard. Proof is in the pudding when you see him now. This kid wants it. And is working hard for it.

Add It's actually more his defence which seen him jump all our other back up halves in 23.

I just love this signing now.

I have no idea where he plays in 24.

But gee rather than moan about Latu being at the tigers. Dam I think we've got a good one here.
Well said @double hoops, sums up my thoughts and you've nailed Arthur in one.

Well said @double hoops, sums up my thoughts and you've nailed Arthur in one.
if arthur does get that 14 spot in round 1 he doesn't really have a role designated for him to come on as. fans and coaches will be giving similar criticism to what nicho hynes got in origin when he was 14 as they both back up halves. the only way arthur can make an impact is if he comes on in the dylan walker role of a ball playing lock after 20 minutes but that would test him out a lot physically.
If he isn't ready for this role we should then look to play gordy at 14 as he has a role of a darty hooker for 30 minutes.

if arthur does get that 14 spot in round 1 he doesn't really have a role designated for him to come on as. fans and coaches will be giving similar criticism to what nicho hynes got in origin when he was 14 as they both back up halves. the only way arthur can make an impact is if he comes on in the dylan walker role of a ball playing lock after 20 minutes but that would test him out a lot physically.
If he isn't ready for this role we should then look to play gordy at 14 as he has a role of a darty hooker for 30 minutes.
Quite possible. But if they win nobody will say ****. Seibs will be a master and he will be in origin contention……..just exaggerating

Probably still tend to think a better balance with Gordy coming on at whatever stage to give Croker a rest and some effective variety with the 9 role but guess that the trials will be more of an indication of the selection considerations and in particular the less established positions .
Croker can again cover any halves role if required .
Just not sure how much more upside Jacob Arthur is capable of offering.
Looks like a good reliable type of player with a quite reasonable range of skill and ability , still not sure of his defensive resilience level at a higher level but ideally this can be one of his upside improvements going forward .

Arthur and Gordie will both get plenty of game time in the trials. Matterson and Burbo are other utility options for 14. Gordie is the least experienced so that may count against him for the Vegas adventure.
edit - Humphreys coming into the frame too, apparently

That "s not to say also that Jamie Humphries could not emerge as a suitable bench option at some stage .
Good direct runner and general ability . looks to have some natural toughness and a decent kicking game .
Sure to be given a decent go in the trials and will watch with interest .

Probably will go with at least a two prop bench line up or would expect to and the utility option with most likely Burbo and every prospect Parker .
Matterson goes O K but also would expect behind these two .
All in the anticipation that Shu can regain his 2021 form level on an edge in a starting role .

👍🏽
IMG_5223.png

Only Wikipedia so not the most reliable source, but it already has Tui out the door playing for the Dragons this year.

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_173443.jpg
    IMG_20240117_173443.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 38
Only Wikipedia so not the most reliable source, but it already has Tui out the door playing for the Dragons this year.
Great news if true (Wikipedia he he) and would complete the mistake ridden player purge and add $$ to Brown’s contract and better balance forward and backs recruitment.

@08Dream can’t imagine how you stumbled on this unless you were the optimistic author perhaps?

I might go and transfer Aloiai to the Dragoons too!

Surprised the dragonqueens are looking to add a winger. Some positional changes on the cards no doubt but over there I would have thought wing was far from their greatest weakness.

The footy season has not started yet and yet we are all starting to talk about the footy
Great to see All Manly people Pumped Up for Big Manly Year

Beware of the 2024 Pumped Up Manly Sea eagles !!!
1705477936132.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8