Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank you For Posting @Mitch

The quietly spoken Luke Brooks talks about every one is talking about being Over here in Vegas

Over Here In the land of OZ the Panthers are talking about Winning their 4th straight premiership
Lets hope Luke Brooks plays a Big part in our teams quest knocking the Panthers off

The combined speed of our Rd 1 three quarters would be hard to beat in any era. Our whole back seven is very fast, even though DCE has slowed over the years. I heard that Brooks was a sprint champion at high school.

Kaeo Weekes ran 100 metres in 10.98 seconds in 2019, but we haven't seen his true speed in NRL yet. Ken Irvine is definitely our fastest ever player with 100 yards in 9.3 seconds. Other speedsters not mentioned in earlier posts include Les Hanigan, Danny Gough, John McDonald & Andrew Frew.
Probably been mentioned on this site many times, but Johnny Bliss was a speedster in his day. He won 12 Australian beach sprint titles in a row. In 1947 he was timed at 9.9 seconds over 100 yards in full football gear and carrying a football.

I think it is wrong that Beaver's stint at the Northern Eagles is not counted in his Manly tally. He was playing at the same home ground for the same team (with a few ring-ins), remaining loyal. It was not his doing that off-field shenanigans conceived a bastard son.

Penn always concerns me with this stuff. Any extra games would (likely) be Manly home games, further loosening the bond with the Northern Beaches and the commensurate justification for Brookvale upgrades.

Of course, I doubt if it will happen: if it’s not a part of the four teams in the USA opening round strategy.

You would have to find other clubs willing to help foot the bill - of playing standalone premiership games - halfway around the world. Would both teams get a bye the following weekend?

And so on and so forth.

Maybe his real purpose is to raise the club’s profile and find an interested buyer or part investor/s in the organisation.

Presumably that idea came up in his discussions with Mr Guido from the ‘49ers.

Next season we could be in Mudgee again as a home game, no problems there. And maybe be the away team for once in the Bris magic rd, or is this asking to much.

Penn always concerns me with this stuff. Any extra games would (likely) be Manly home games, further loosening the bond with the Northern Beaches and the commensurate justification for Brookvale upgrades.

Of course, I doubt if it will happen: if it’s not a part of the four teams in the USA opening round strategy.

You would have to find other clubs willing to help foot the bill - of playing standalone premiership games - halfway around the world. Would both teams get a bye the following weekend?

And so on and so forth.

Maybe his real purpose is to raise the club’s profile and find an interested buyer or part investor/s in the organisation.

Presumably that idea came up in his discussions with Mr Guido from the ‘49ers.

I think it would be quite the opposite regarding ground upgrades.
I feel if manly where to find adoption with the US there would be greater insensitive to for our brand to also look the part, especially if the American Fox Sports broadcast get involved.
Americans love new shiny stadiums and we are most certainly due for one. We already have the 4 stage plan in place to build it, the support of V’landys and potentially about to crack 100’s of millions of dollars in the US marked. Just need the government to play ball.

Lawton to hooker,Croker to second row,GCKT to 14,BenT to centre,Koula to fullback,TomT to 5/8,Brooks to centre and Garrick to wing,that fixes it with about 6-7 moves,problem solved.Or they could just make one change for Saab and bring in a winger from within the squad,you know,something simple

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8