Club Recruitment and the Future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have been watching all of the new signings with a fair bit of interest, and i think we have overlooked a very major part of the clubs future plans. The majority of our side is now resigned for at least another 2 years, so there would be no real benefit to signing experienced journeymen other than to fill gaps in the immediate positions we have lost to other teams.

These your guys will be like sponges learning from the likes of snake and gift, killer, kitey, fozzy and dce. The clubs strategy seems to be extremelly sound at the moment. grab a few of the promising juniors around the under 20's and inject them into our system before we actually require them. Yes they will have to bide their time in the nsw cup, but in reality they will be training full time with the current guys who have mostly all played in 3 grand finals and have won 2, and have also represented their state and country.

The other added bonus from getting these guys now, is that they will be alot cheaper than they would be if they have a breakout rookie or 2nd season. Plus with all of the emphasis on salary cap discount for years of service, the sooner we get them playing for this team, the better, because potentially they will remain the core of our side for the next decade, just as chock, gift, killer, kingy, mattyb, skivvy steve have been for most of the last decade

Manly seem to be a team that relies on its core group of talent, and then build the rest with juniors or a few extras that have been discarded along the way. With Fozzy and Dce currently locked up for the future, the next group of kids that will become our future need to be playing together asap, so that they get to know each others games. If u have the like of cunningham, tjrobevic, higgins, sao, chee kam, stormquist Annear, palau running around in the pack in NSW cup next year, our young forward stocks look pretty good for the future. if we can retain them, and if i was a young prop in the squad at the moment i would be training my ass off because kite, kingy, joe and rose and lussick all will be gone or close to it in the next few years, there are definate spots open for promotion.

Have faith guys i have been following this club for over 30 years, and i think we have never had a stronger business model, fan inclusion, and value for money is fantastic, with all of the great jobs the club has done to move everyone into the 21st century, things seem to be on a definate rise. If only the board would realise the fantastic steps the club has made to set us up for the future and get their **** together, they would realise that we r realistically setting ourselves up for the next 10 years of our this fantastic club, and the future looks bright.

Any how thats my rant for the day, and given its my birthday im off to the pub for a liquid lunch and a meal with a few mates. I wouldnt swap manly of my mates for anyother club in the world. Im manly till i die and wouldnt have it any other way, my 3 kids are manly aswell and the future definately is good. have a great day all im off to the pub.

great write up mate, totally agree!! No use getting big names now. Look at our roster, brett, matai, lyon, wolfie, foz, dce, choc, buhrer, kite, ballin and king!!

Well said! The combo of older players plus young up & comers will be the key to our success for 2013 & beyond.

Happy birthday NR you share it with me. I had a liquid lunch today as well & heading out now for some more cleansing ales :-D

Mals said:
Well said! The combo of older players plus young up & comers will be the key to our success for 2013 & beyond.

Happy birthday NR you share it with me. I had a liquid lunch today as well & heading out now for some more cleansing ales :-D

Happy birthday mate :)

Northern Rhino & Mals, happy birthday to the both of you :)

Northern Rhino said:
I have been watching all of the new signings with a fair bit of interest, and i think we have overlooked a very major part of the clubs future plans. The majority of our side is now resigned for at least another 2 years, so there would be no real benefit to signing experienced journeymen other than to fill gaps in the immediate positions we have lost to other teams.

These your guys will be like sponges learning from the likes of snake and gift, killer, kitey, fozzy and dce. The clubs strategy seems to be extremelly sound at the moment. grab a few of the promising juniors around the under 20's and inject them into our system before we actually require them. Yes they will have to bide their time in the nsw cup, but in reality they will be training full time with the current guys who have mostly all played in 3 grand finals and have won 2, and have also represented their state and country.

The other added bonus from getting these guys now, is that they will be alot cheaper than they would be if they have a breakout rookie or 2nd season. Plus with all of the emphasis on salary cap discount for years of service, the sooner we get them playing for this team, the better, because potentially they will remain the core of our side for the next decade, just as chock, gift, killer, kingy, mattyb, skivvy steve have been for most of the last decade

Manly seem to be a team that relies on its core group of talent, and then build the rest with juniors or a few extras that have been discarded along the way. With Fozzy and Dce currently locked up for the future, the next group of kids that will become our future need to be playing together asap, so that they get to know each others games. If u have the like of cunningham, tjrobevic, higgins, sao, chee kam, stormquist Annear, palau running around in the pack in NSW cup next year, our young forward stocks look pretty good for the future. if we can retain them, and if i was a young prop in the squad at the moment i would be training my ass off because kite, kingy, joe and rose and lussick all will be gone or close to it in the next few years, there are definate spots open for promotion.

Have faith guys i have been following this club for over 30 years, and i think we have never had a stronger business model, fan inclusion, and value for money is fantastic, with all of the great jobs the club has done to move everyone into the 21st century, things seem to be on a definate rise. If only the board would realise the fantastic steps the club has made to set us up for the future and get their s**t together, they would realise that we r realistically setting ourselves up for the next 10 years of our this fantastic club, and the future looks bright.

Any how thats my rant for the day, and given its my birthday im off to the pub for a liquid lunch and a meal with a few mates. I wouldnt swap manly of my mates for anyother club in the world. Im manly till i die and wouldnt have it any other way, my 3 kids are manly aswell and the future definately is good. have a great day all im off to the pub.

We all look at the same facts?

The sense I get reading your story is that you see the "facts" through a lens of "it's all good". Another supporter may only see what's wrong.

The actual events play out the same for us all, only the interpretations differ. You're loving those moments and that other spends them fretting.

Ultimately, does it even really matter whose predictions prove more accurate?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8