Club statement?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
Masked Eagle lays down and is f***ed by everyone. Grow some ball mate, stand up and slog it out.

Yeah, including your mum. :s

Ok good attitude, take that to the judiciary and tell them to go **** themselves as well and they'll be so scared they'll let us off.

Manly need to get on the front foot, not wait for there head to be handed to them mid week.
My thoughts....
1. Issue an apology
2. Arrange a meeting between Manly players and storm players, discuss what went wrong, and how to improve the relationship. (this is PR rubbish)
3. Suspend some players involved. (2-3 weeks)
4. Make a sizable donation to charity, maybe something against violence.
5. provide an action plan to the NRL on how they are addressing this issue.

Maybe this is to much like an engineering plan, but this is how i would try and spin it.

From the DT:

STORM forward Adam Blair has apologised for his role in Friday night's brawl at Brookvale Oval.

"I would like to apologise to everyone for the incident with Glenn on Friday night," Adam Blair said tonight.

"I'm extremely disappointed to be involved in such an incident that does not put the game I love in a positive light, especially my family, friends and all rugby league supporters.

"Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I had my time again I would have done things differently.

"It was a spur of the moment reaction, that was not planned and to be honest it happened that quickly I still don’t really know why it occurred.

"Manly is a very good footy team. We have a healthy respect and good rivalry after many years of good competition and from my point of view that has not changed.

"There is a process to go through and I will be fully cooperative through that process."

Glenn Stewart will reveal his thoughts on the fight in tommorow’s Daily Telegraph.

Interesting that Glenn will use the DT after everything that's gone on, but then again it probably is the rag most league fans read. Probably a smart move with that. No doubt it'll be the same song sung by Blair above.

Of course Blair is not sorry but it's a good look to say so. Melbourne instigated the whole deal now they're getting in first with damage control.
I still think it's a good idea for Manly to make some sort of statement.
Will be interested to read what Glenn says tomorrow.
Will be very happy when all the fight talk is over and it's back to footy.
It was a really good win by Manly on Friday night. At the beginning of the year I think we were tipped to run about 13th.
Still reckon we can win.

Masked Eagle said:
Good idea fellahs. Don't admit anything, if people keep asking about it we just say "What fight?" or are we going to try the "Hey, it wasn't me" defence and nothing will happen. Real leadership is about taking responsibility, not pointing the finger as someone else.

Umm, why should the club admit they did something when they DID NOTHING!!!

It is up to Glenn and no one else to apologise. The club didn't do anything wrong and they shouldn't be fined. Fine the players? yes, definitely. The club did nothing wrong. In fact, we kept our boys from the bench away from the fight, Melbourne didn't.

Once again I do not see a reason why the club should apologise for the actions of a few players. That is just stupid and allows the NRL to sanction the club as a whole.

This is not about reality but about perception of reality. There has to be some punishment due to the hysteria of part of the media and the morons like Hadley and co going berserk. Manly should manage the situation and use it to get sympathy.

They are working on the lines that the Brookvale crowd was the first hostile one they have faced all year and that no-one has mentioned the cheating stuff from last year all season. (If you believe that - David Gallop is Dolly Parton in drag!!)

I for one like the suggestion that the continue cheating/wrestling of the Storm created an environment that the elbow to the head caused the mayhem.

Mmmmmmm dolly Parton. Might get me a couple of big scoops of ice cream and put a cherry on top of each.

Jono said:
Masked Eagle said:
Good idea fellahs. Don't admit anything, if people keep asking about it we just say "What fight?" or are we going to try the "Hey, it wasn't me" defence and nothing will happen. Real leadership is about taking responsibility, not pointing the finger as someone else.

Umm, why should the club admit they did something when they DID NOTHING!!!

It is up to Glenn and no one else to apologise. The club didn't do anything wrong and they shouldn't be fined. Fine the players? yes, definitely. The club did nothing wrong. In fact, we kept our boys from the bench away from the fight, Melbourne didn't.

Once again I do not see a reason why the club should apologise for the actions of a few players. That is just stupid and allows the NRL to sanction the club as a whole.

I don't think the club should apologise as such, but they should stand with Glenn when he makes an apology. Melbourne are going to have their own investigation and probably fine some of their players, not because they really believe its the right thing to do, but its an attempt to nullify some of the damage that will be given by NRL.

Masked Eagle said:

Yeah, you're masked for a reason pal.
It's not that there was no fight. The point is that nobody from our club was at fault.
Hinchcliffe threw the elbow that started it. Blair chased down Glenn to continue it.
All Manly did was react. If you don't beleive in retribution then you're going to spend your life being taken advantage of. That is your perogative but don't push that on my footy club.
The initiator holds resposibility for a situation, the retalliator is just handing out justice.
We retalliated.
Retalliation is never a crime, it's mandatory.
Instigators should wear the brunt of what they did and what they caused.

What I can't see is ... Why such a big reaction ?

As many have said, everyone was building this game up. League is brutal contact sport, that is why most of us love it.

So after a big build up in a brutal contact sport, there is a a fight .... So What !!!!

Other than the media, I would be very surprised if there are more than a few League fans who are actually bothered by the fight.

I am bothered by how the NRL will over react, but loved the fight personally.

Duff said:
Masked Eagle said:

It's not that there was no fight. The point is that nobody from our club was at fault.
Hinchcliffe threw the elbow that started it. Blair chased down Glenn to continue it.
All Manly did was react. If you don't beleive in retribution then you're going to spend your life being taken advantage of. That is your perogative but don't push that on my footy club.
The initiator holds resposibility for a situation, the retalliator is just handing out justice.
We retalliated.

Is it because I'm a crime fighter? Truth be known I'm not actually masked, it's just a name to use on a forum.

Masked Eagle said:
Duff said:
Masked Eagle said:

We retalliated.

Is it because I'm a crime fighter? Truth be known I'm not actually masked, it's just a name to use on a forum.

what? you just ruined the whole illusion. I always had visions of you sitting around in an Eagles mask

If this had been origin it would have been whinged about by the PC left and then brushed under the carpet as the hodges brawl was last year when thiaday was not charged being 3rd man in. The whole thing is a media beat up because 14 other sets of fans know they can't beat manly or Melbourne at full strength.

conanu said:
If this had been origin it would have been whinged about by the PC left and then brushed under the carpet as the hodges brawl was last year when thiaday was not charged being 3rd man in. The whole thing is a media beat up because 14 other sets of fans know they can't beat manly or Melbourne at full strength.

It's no surprise that the loudest noises are comign from the Donkeys and Dragqueens supporters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7