Clubs' ploy to abandon Foxtel to get rights value

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you cancel your pay TV subscription if the NRL were solely on free-to-air

• Total voters
WAMF said:
Dead set if fox no longer broadcasts the NRL, I would piss off my platinum hd foxtel package in a flash and save $135 a month.
I've recently started downloading movies in blu ray quality so I don't need their crappy movies and any other show/series I am interested in, I will simply download to my external hdd which I plug (USB) directly into my Sammy TV or stream from my laptop to my tv through DLNA.
The RL is the ONLY thing that keeps me subscribed to foxtel. I am an all or nothing type person so I would not bother downgrading, I would simply cancel the service altogether.

Ditto for me WAMF. The only reason I got Foxtel was to watch the NRL because Ch9 in Perth will not show NRL. So yes my Foxtel would and I would be very disappointed not being able to watch the NRL. I would have to resort to other methods.

Most expensive pay tv in the world would be out the door the second the NRL went elsewhere.

The NRL needs to sell the rights to every game to both free to air and foxtel, along with an internet stream by telstra of every game.

For the love of flying spaghetti monster! it will begin the slow death of rugby league if Foxtel are out of the picture (I've already dialed 131 99 and ready to press 9 again to cancel) It just won't happen with News Corp on both sides of the coin, I'm assuming and just hope it's to scare em into pumping up more $$$ for the upcoming deal.

I haven't watched league on 9 since last years GF (I wait to see the replay in glorious HD and ad free on Fox) but i've noticed in the last few weeks foxtel showing ads during the live broadcast (little popup ones) so much for being AD FREE.

I don't have Foxtel and I refuse to get it with the current package format. The only reason I want Foxtel is for Fox Sports, mainly rugby league but also a bit of rugby union, hockey, cricket and other bits and pieces. The fact I have to pay for the basic package of 50 channels I will never watch and then pay for the sports package on top of it is rediculous. They know that sports and movies are the only reason people buy Foxtel so to get value out of the crap channels (does anyone ever watch Sky news?) they make everyone pay for them as part of a non-optional starter package. Stuff them.

Joey said:
For the love of flying spaghetti monster! it will begin the slow death of rugby league if Foxtel are out of the picture

Do you mean this or the other way around (ie. it would be the end of Foxtel if RL were out of the picture)?

RL would thrive if those bastards we no longer involved.

Foxtel and RL need each other, RL would survive without foxtel but the coverage would be ordinary.

Foxtel would not go too well without RL

MadMarcus said:
Joey said:
For the love of flying spaghetti monster! it will begin the slow death of rugby league if Foxtel are out of the picture

Do you mean this or the other way around (ie. it would be the end of Foxtel if RL were out of the picture)?

RL would thrive if those bastards we no longer involved.

So your a fan of delayed telecasts and 20minute ad breaks when the ball goes out? i prefer LIVE footy no delay

The Eagle said:
So your a fan of delayed telecasts and 20minute ad breaks when the ball goes out? i prefer LIVE footy no delay

So you're a fan of a corrupt global organisation which has a monopoly on the pay tv industry in Australia and started the Super League war so it could shortchange the game and make us pay to watch endless reruns of the Simpsons and Two and a Half Men when all any of us want to do is watch the footy?

With the additional channels available to all FTA networks on digital and the number of ads shown on Foxtel (admittedly not during game time) there is little difference between FTA and Pay. There is no reason why all games could not be shown live on FTA under the next deal.

I guess it is up to you if you would prefer to donate $100/month to the Murdoch Foundation rather than watch a few ads. If you want to watch live footy and avoid the ads you could always go to the game.

Yeah league deserves to be **** all.over by channel nien who have no respect for the game at all,i take it your a fan of funny home videos.and two and.a half men taking precedence over league.....

furthermore i dont give a toss about your bold ****,im posting on a mobile

To be fair, Eagle, even the android (using swype or otherwise) can include an apostrophe for the word "you're".

The Eagle said:
Yeah league deserves to be s**t all.over by channel nien who have no respect for the game at all,i take it your a fan of funny home videos.and two and.a half men taking precedence over league.....

furthermore i dont give a toss about your bold s**t,im posting on a mobile
Come on mate even mobiles have commas etc lol.
This isn't a place to talk about league it's a classroom you know and you've gotta spell everything correct. Lol

The Eagle said:
Yeah league deserves to be s**t all.over by channel nien who have no respect for the game at all,i take it your a fan of funny home videos.and two and.a half men taking precedence over league.....

furthermore i dont give a toss about your bold s**t,im posting on a mobile

I hardly think Fox/News are a beacon of 'respect for the game. They have shown time and time again how much respect they have for the game, from starting the Super League war, shortchanging us on the tv rights to their involvement in the Storm salary cap scandal, and lets not forget their excellent coverage of Brett Stewart's charges. Have you read the Foxtel CEO's recent comments on how AFL is more valuable than NRL? There's not much respect there either.

If we are talking about respect for the game, I can't think of anyone who has shown the game less respect than News Ltd.

codewana said:
To be fair, Eagle, even the android (using swype or otherwise) can include an apostrophe for the word "you're".

you want me to switch away from letters to numbers for a ' ? not happening ;)

Channel seven and ten then,**** nien anyway

On the sgs you don't have to. Just gold down the . Button (makes a ' if you're using swype).

... And, for the record, if you're not using swype, you shouldn't have a galaxy!

codewana said:
On the sgs you don't have to. Just gold down the . Button (makes a ' if you're using swype).

... And, for the record, if you're not using swype, you shouldn't have a galaxy!

its a galaxy s2 and wtf is a swipe?

firechild said:
I don't have Foxtel and I refuse to get it with the current package format. The only reason I want Foxtel is for Fox Sports, mainly rugby league but also a bit of rugby union, hockey, cricket and other bits and pieces. The fact I have to pay for the basic package of 50 channels I will never watch and then pay for the sports package on top of it is rediculous. They know that sports and movies are the only reason people buy Foxtel so to get value out of the crap channels (does anyone ever watch Sky news?) they make everyone pay for them as part of a non-optional starter package. Stuff them.

My sentiments exactly.I've cancelled my Austar (dearer than Foxtel).Manly are FTA today,Friday,today fortnight,and apart from the Parra game,we should get FTA for scum and bonko's games.If I could just have the channels I wanted,It'd be fine,but am sick of paying for channels I never have/will watch.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4