Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can I suggest before some of you come on here and reveal yourself as knowing nothing about the subject of a forum you are a member of and are posting about you take a deep breath and calm down.

Teams don't win if a front rower gets taken out in the first five minutes of the game if he is your best front rower and if your next three are out injured and your star player is out.

The team went well, shusters probably played 12 games at 6 and 5 with DCE, East's were off side and walked off the mark all night. They were playing unlimited tackle Rugby league against Manly and only the home crowd reminded Klein he needed to give a penalty away to the roosters. Dummy half service is terrible and backs depth is poor.

What good does it do to get on here and bang on about things that were unavoidable and players unavailable.

Ive seen significant improvement in this team and am bouyed by the signings coming next year and looks like Lodge might be cheap enough now to grab another good prop

Can I suggest before some of you come on here and reveal yourself as knowing nothing about the subject of a forum you are a member of and are posting about you take a deep breath and calm down.

Teams don't win if a front rower gets taken out in the first five minutes of the game if he is your best front rower and if your next three are out injured and your star player is out.

The team went well, shusters probably played 12 games at 6 and 5 with DCE, East's were off side and walked off the mark all night. They were playing unlimited tackle Rugby league against Manly and only the home crowd reminded Klein he needed to give a penalty away to the roosters. Dummy half service is terrible and backs depth is poor.

What good does it do to get on here and bang on about things that were unavoidable and players unavailable.

Ive seen significant improvement in this team and am bouyed by the signings coming next year and looks like Lodge might be cheap enough now to grab another good prop
Well said Seibs

What Siebold actually said:

"The Roosters won the physical battle tonight. Most of the little contests in the game - whether it's a physicality thing or an effort thing - they probably won just about all of them. The guys kept fighting to the end but we just weren't where we need to be to beat a good team. Regardless of where they are on the ladder they are always a physical challenge and they won that challenge tonight. We were still throwing some punches at the end but we didn't get it quite right when the game was on the line." - Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold

Fairly accurate summation - I can't argue with any of that. The Roosters won the physical battle last night, and therefore won the game. End of story.

I’m sorry mate but you can’t post **** like this on here , it’s just far too logical , and one thing Silvertails doesn’t do well is logic!

stop making excuses for these duds

Since the early 60s , not counting the N.E 2000-2002 disaster, Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have not missed more than 2 consecutive years of finals series. 1979-1980 , 2003-2004 and 2022-2023. If we are in the same position this time next year as we are now then spoonbold should be gone.

Since the early 60s , not counting the N.E 2000-2002 disaster, Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have not missed more than 2 consecutive years of finals series. 1979-1980 , 2003-2004 and 2022-2023. If we are in the same position this time next year as we are now then spoonbold should be gone.
2024 will be his defining year.

He inherited a roster made by Des and it is obvious our forward pack is too small and loaded with second rowers not middle forwards. Next year will define him as he has brought in players he wants and extended those he wants to keep and on lookout for middle forwards. Just look at the top teams and their bench has at least 2 middle forwards who give the go forward when starting middle gets rest, we lack that go forward when our bench goes in.

What Seibold has shown though is he is not shy to drop players who don’t perform, unlike Des who a number on this forum kept complaining for him to drop players but he wouldn’t.

He is the coach and his job is to get the best out of his players. He won't get the best out of them by throwing them under a bus during pressers. What he does and says in the change room and at training is what is important. At least he interviews better than mumbles or zoolander.

2024 will be his defining year.

We will soon hear about the season review and everybody is on notice.

If the owner is true to his word and he believes this is a "premiership winning roster"the coach must go, he has under achieved.

Seriously we have made the 8 once in 4 seasons, with 3 of the games biggest names, a great goal kicker in Garrick and potential super star in Haumole.

Why are we under achieving? I hope we sign Bennett for 2025.

I was a big supporter of his. I thought he would fix our defence. I'm on the fence now... not convinced with his tactics or player recruitment.... happy to see how he goes next year...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10