Congrats Tom & Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

malroon

Reserve Grader
Footballers like Johns see things the rest of us don’t. The player ratings in the newspapers suggested winger Tom Trbojevic had a quiet match but Johns reckons NSW don’t win without him in the last 16 minutes.

In the first half, Queensland launched a blitzkrieg on the Blues’ right edge defense of Trbojevic, Roberts, and halfback Nathan Cleary.

When Roberts was sin-binned with 11 minutes remaining for taking out Maroons forward Gavin Cooper without the ball, they were certain to go sniffing down the right again.

That’s when Johns noticed three plays from Trbojevic that confirmed to him NSW had finally turned a corner.

First, the young Manly star raced in and belted Valentine Holmes and shut down an attacking raid. Minutes later, he raced in and belted Dane Gagai and did the same thing.....................................................................................
Johns was impressed with Tom — but Fittler reckoned it was his brother, Jake, who won NSW the game.

“Jake Trbojevic: he was our man,” Fittler said when I find him long after full-time, sitting on a chair in the middle of the dressing-room. “He was the one. He was the f---ing one that got us home. He got our **** sorted, mate. And he put them under pressure because we hadn’t put them under pressure at all in the first half.”

The Turbos were two of the best players in the field. Heart and soul of the Blues, glad Fittler knows how lucky he is to have them.

About time those two expirence winning and what it takes. Hopefully these two can drive a change in attitude and culture at Manly.
Start by making Jake captain next year and give him the FIFO licence

The sky is the limit for those two!! We are very very lucky that they are at Manly and they love the place.

A few more rep camps like these and watch their development, especially for Tom and has time on his side. Jake is already in the elite class for Club, State and Country and that isn’t just Maroon and White goggles on as it is resonated by anyone that trains, plays and coaches him.

To think now they have to come back to play for us against the panthers , which will another disheartening loss which after the week these 2 boys have had they don't deserve.

Can't wait for the days until these boys are playing in a fit and firing manly team playing deep into September for many years in a row and winning finals.. not what the current mob are doing.

Tom's challenge is to accept that he will be behind Teddy and Ponga for the Roos fullback spot.
Much like Snake was with Minni and Slater.:nod:

Mal has already played him wing, centre and 5/8 in the PM XIII and it's rounding out his game.

The Turbos were two of the best players in the field. Heart and soul of the Blues, glad Fittler knows how lucky he is to have them.
It just goes to show how players are transformed when they are motivated to play with a never say die attitude .

Jake should be starting.
No way bench was perfect for Jake, he came straight on hungry as ever and tore into it.
The biggest for me was when he made a hitup then kept pushing 3 players back. He went off for a rest and within second cordner was concussed, Jake had to turn around and come straight back on the field, as exhausted as he was he just tore straight back in with huge defense.

That right there is his quality and its those things most pundits miss

Jake is pound for pound one of the toughest forwards in the competition. he is a machine that never stops. Tom is a rare talent and we are very lucky to have them at Manly. Fingers crossed they play out their careers at Manly.

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan
Jake was fantastic; NSW were struggling before he got on the field; and made a big difference to both offence and defence.
I actually said at the game “ I wish he played this good for Manly “

No way bench was perfect for Jake, he came straight on hungry as ever and tore into it.
The biggest for me was when he made a hitup then kept pushing 3 players back. He went off for a rest and within second cordner was concussed, Jake had to turn around and come straight back on the field, as exhausted as he was he just tore straight back in with huge defense.

That right there is his quality and its those things most pundits miss
Yeah but he is the Australian lock forward, I think he deserves more but in saying that his performance doesn't change from the bench. Just as good.

More of this Barrett sht and both of them will end up at Rorters, Donkeys, Storm. Where they probably deserve to be playing rather than this poorly run rabble of a club. If there isn't a serious cleanout of coaching staff by year end then we will eventually lose such talent

Jake was fantastic; NSW were struggling before he got on the field; and made a big difference to both offence and defence.
I actually said at the game “ I wish he played this good for Manly “

Despite our lowly position on the table, he tries his heart out every week and I think hes been one of our best all year.
The game against Brisbane he played a blinder

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8