Congratz Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
100 wins as coach of 1 club is a fantastic achievement.

Considering where he has taken us from to where we are now, we couldn't have really asked for much more from our coach result wise

Hopefully he goes on and converts that ton into a double then a triple ton

Great work Des. Just to think that during the week people were saying that we should get rid of him and hire Brian Smith!!
Des is the heart and soul of Manly!

I'm not a big fan of Dessie "tactically speaking" still a good coach though---i will say that Des has studied the way Melbourne play like a man on a mission and has worked them out like no other.

The way we read most of their plays and defensive lapses it almost seems like our entire team structure from slowing the play the ball--team make up especially in the forwards with the high intensity dominant tackle approach even our attacking plays are designed with Melbourne at the fore front of his mind that in a way leaves us with an inflexible playing style.

I was saying to my son in law who is staying with us tonight "I wonder if it's part of the game plan to kick to Slater"...as they seemed to do it an awful lot in the first half and then were right on top of him with defence....what do you all reckon??

Another game of note that shows Dessie at his best tactically at targetting an opposing teams flaws well was against the Dragons late last year. From what i can remember both teams had players out i think it was during origin and it was played at Wollongong.
Manly were easily defeated but the way we turned inside balls and worked there ruck defense around in the first half with simple cross over plays spelled the end of the Dragons from that point on---other teams followed and the Dragons defensively started leaking points more often.

Des has also in the past had Eric Grothe sorted with his rushing up tendency and we scored a lot of tries kicking in behind him

I noticed 1 big difference pre match as well. Normally before we walk out the players are in a huddle with King and Lyon addressing them, tonight Des was in the middle of that huddle giving firm instructions

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8