Consortium making plans to buy Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mitch

Bencher
Bring it on. URM are also interested. All this interest in buying Manly just make Rothfield and his rubbish on Tuesday look ridiculous. If the Penn's want to sell there will be parties queuing up to invest.

I like Scott Penn - I have met him once however under his sole ownership even he must admit things haven't been great.

Didn't this nearly happen a few years ago too?? I know urm were involved, also either quantum or Kaspersky (can't remember which) wanted to buy major shares and own us but the Penn's blocked it...

Making fantasy plans and made an offer are two different things
More media malarkey .
The moral of this story is ....
Show me the money !!!!

images0F00T9ED.jpg

If true great.
But I share concerns about the north Sydney losers reference.
I would and have stated before prefer a consortium headed by the URM bloke who is true Manly.
I still don't understand the Penn's thinking in trying to run something they are out of their depth in. If I owned it I would want it run properly but it's far from it.
Anyway I'm sure there are people out there who see our unique club for what it is and will seek the opportunity.
But I'm dubious about the timing of the article and the outlet.
Or any media outlet these days.
But in my current state of mind I'd also support anyone who privately owned Todd Greenberg as their own personal gimp.

Last edited:
There could soon be an offer on the table to purchase Manly after a group of high-powered business people were being sounded out about the prospect of buying out the Penn family.

The development comes as the Sea Eagles directly addressed Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to abandon plans to banish lottery-betting sites from Australia, such as the club’s major sponsor Lottoland.

Continued
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/hi...-to-buy-manly-sea-eagles-20180503-p4zd8b.html
It still amazes me how the Penns want 10mil for a sale, knowing that the Leagues club building has been sold & they entered into a partnership with a bowling club, they have stripped the football operations down to a local A grade park footy organisation. Mismanaged the entire Club down to a shell of its former glory. It’s no wonder they gave a Rookie coach in Barrett the job with promises of grandeur, now even he knows he’s been hoodwinked. The whole thing is just one big cluster ****.

Yeah... that's why in this very same article it says... Penn told Fairfax Media last week he would be staying put."We’ve got an obligation to, we’ve come a long way,” Penn said......"

The..very...same...article.

And also earlier in the week he was talking about all the plans he has with America.

It's like some people watch soapies, others need to invent one with their sporting club. fmd.

People keep saying it is a 'sole ownership' model but the mwrlfc does hold 10 or so percent.

Penn is a majority owner but he’s not the sole owner. He’s sold off at least 2 chunks already (or think 2).

And his valuation would be based on NRL grant money. 10m for something that gets what - a 13m grant every year to cover expenses is probably fair enough...

Those who doubt the veracity of the piece (and how I wish it were true!) need only look to the beginning of paragraph three where it states, "in a forgettable start to the 2018 premiership ...".
We all know it's been anything but forgettable. Fake news proof there I tell ya!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if there's an agenda within league circles - see Gould, media attack dogs, and now this story- to get the Penns out of the club.
Here's hoping @;)

You can't doubt what the Penns have done. Some of the dribble pointed at them on this site is hysterical garbage at times. To have invested $10m it shows that they have been trying to do the right thing.

In saying that, they are ****ing hopeless and need to go.

Didn't this nearly happen a few years ago too?? I know urm were involved, also either quantum or Kaspersky (can't remember which) wanted to buy major shares and own us but the Penn's blocked it...

yep - the article is click bait based on that - they called the Kaspersky guy and he said he would still be interested but not right now.

The other 1000 words are just create writing extrapolating this possible chance

While everyone is certainly entitled to a view or opinion on the Penn "s overall involvement and participation with Manly , i am not too sure how some of the recent criticism of them can really be warranted or even valid . They certainly were not responsible or the cause of any supposed salary cap discrepancies . the strip club visit , the Hasting"s issue , the early season injury toll and general poor form of the side and so on . Of course always possible improvements to be considered and addressed by the Penns and to benefit the club and for a better operational situation but to direct or even suggest that many of the club's current [ and no doubt short term problems ] can be mainly or directly attributed to the Penn "s majority control really does not have any realistic basis or credence . Apparently Scott Penn has clearly indicated that he and his family company is intending to stay with the Sea Eagles and in effect also continue to provide any necessary financial input and until another group or consortium can provide the same definite or future ongoing commitment or assurances to Manly and to enable them to continue a presence on the Northern Beaches , i would say that it would be very recommended to stay with the status quo . [ even if it does need some better or slightly improved operating arrangements at the present time]

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10