Cooper Johns Shown the Door

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
One of the worst defenders I’ve seen which really cost us at times. That said still young so can improve on that front. Good luck to him. From what I’ve seen, there’s no room for him in our top 30.

Cooper came home to Manly on a train and trial and did well early on, 'player of the pre-season tournament' and filled in for the injured Schu in our big opening round win over the Dogs, also played 5/8 when we belted the Storm. But then we had 3 losses in which (as very quickly happens in NRL) the opposition targeted the weaker parts of his game.

To Seibold's credit he saw that would continue and in May he quickly pounced to sign Jake Arthur. I thought that pretty much sealed Johns's fate at Manly so no shock at all we aren't keeping him.

But I too wish him well. Seems a good guy and does have talent, probably needs to add a bit of muscle somehow. Luke Keary is the only one I can think of with such a scrawny build who has done well in NRL over any extended period. (Sam Walker is another but the Chooks are persevering so far because he is exceptional with the ball.)

This is not intended to be patronising.

But he has talent in the media. Focus on his podcast and picking up media work.

No point busting up your body playing reserves year in year out for 120k.

He has higher potential in the content game.
I was discussing this with the daughter the other day. She follows him around on all the social media platforms and has often sent stuff he has done or said to me. His talent definitely lies in the entertainment industry. He’s a cheeky little bugger, but not in a smart arse way. And he does seem to have a good rapport with current players. Good luck to him. As you said, no point busting up your body (especially when it rivals a starving Kelpie) for 120k.

Can still or does have the opportunity to finish his brief Manly stay on a good note with Blacktown .
Quite a reasonable type footy player just on the fundamentals and footy skill level , just a bit down on the more robust requirements especially in defence
On the margins at i st grade level but has shown a couple of good touches .
Could well be a type of player suited for the U K Super League if he wants to still focus on a footy career .
Can only help any ongoing League involvement with a good showing and guiding Blacktown as far as possible in their final play offs stint .

This is not intended to be patronising.

But he has talent in the media. Focus on his podcast and picking up media work.

No point busting up your body playing reserves year in year out for 120k.

He has higher potential in the content game.
Could probably pick up a decent wage playing top grade in England.

Good footballer but not enough size and not enough speed to compensate for lack of size in first grade. Great personality and appears to be a good bloke. Best of luck to him.

I never understood the signing of Johns in the first place.
Fualalo, Matterson, Toby, Weekes, Humphries are better fringe players.
None of those aside from Weekes had ever played a single NRL game. And Weekes only had 2 on the bench and one at fullback. Zero in the halves.

Johns had 10 NRL games under his belt with Melbourne as starting halfback or 5/8, winning most of those games. Given we were going with a rookie 5/8 (Schu) I think it made good sense to have a back-up half with at least some NRL experience. (Which is also why when Cooper's shortcomings were exposed we signed Arthur.)

None of those aside from Weekes had ever played a single NRL game. And Weekes only had 2 on the bench and one at fullback. Zero in the halves.

Johns had 10 NRL games under his belt with Melbourne as starting halfback or 5/8, winning most of those games. Given we were going with a rookie 5/8 (Schu) I think it made good sense to have a back-up half with at least some NRL experience. (Which is also why when Cooper's shortcomings were exposed we signed Arthur.)
10 NRL games in like 4 years isn't exactly a stellar resume, if anything it already shows that he isn't up to it.

Well you aren't going to get a halfback with a stellar resume to play Blacktown and fill in for DCE during Origin.
I think you won't know unless you give them a chance to prove themselves. Johns has had 4 years and now he's been let go even though he's a minimum wage player.
I don't understand the rationale as having played a few NRL games somehow makes you that much better than a guy who hasn't been given a chance.
I would bet my bottom dollar that Fualalo would be a better player than Johns, I cant see Johns scoring 20 or 30 something Tries in reserve grade.

Seems like a good, likeable young fella, hope he does well wherever he ends up
Good Morning feathered friend @The Wheel and I hope you are enjoying a Glorious Gold Coast sunny day

Our Legendary Godfather Showed No Sentiment to good likeable young fellows that were not good enough to win premierships in his Ruthless Results driven Manly Rein of Success

Good luck to Cooper . Maybe his likeable ways could pave the way to the fox studio arena with his dad . Other nice likeable Manly guys like Parker and Woods should join him on a full time basis

The moral of the story ....
You have to be cruel to be kind to your club
and our Ruthless Premiership Reining Godfather was one of a Wining kind :h:
1693447429509.png

Harsh thread title. Johns did his best and we knew what we were getting when we signed him. So if there is to be real criticism here then it should be aimed at the people who signed him not the player. So showing him the door is harsh he was always a short term signing.

Absolute rubbish player and potentially robbed someone an opportunity a crack in 1st grade who deserved a chance. Glad to see the back of him.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11