Corby gets 20

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am not denying that you read as much as possible. What I am saying is that you are perhaps not reading a wide enough range of material.

Bleeding hearts you may be. Well read you may be. Experienced you are not!.

Classic Good Will hunting stuff!.

Sounds like Yoda with a carrot up his arse.

I read everything I get my hands on. I read religious texts, cultural texts, history, geography, astronomy, medical, law, general science, sociological, criminological, psychological, fiction, music, economic, political, sport etc etc etc
I spend alot of time in discussion and debate with people who read such a wide range.

What do you read?

Just cause I study doesn't mean I'm blind to the world. In fact, it has opened my eyes to the way it works... it's a load of bollocks and will be tough to change. I know that. But I'm willing to give it a go. For the betterment of life.

Best not to try and bring me down. Why do you want people like me to stop? We're not the ones out there creating mass hysteria. We're working behind the scenes making a quantifiable difference. You should be encouraging people like me.

Experienced, no. But I get out there and chat to experienced lawyers and other professionals. They generally are as pissed off as me... and want to do something about it. Not for Schapelle... but for all who go through such legal systems. One thing we can do is form an advisory group and hopefully pressure the government into developing fairer laws. It's very unlikely to work. But at least we try.

Ok miss librarian.

All I am saying is 5 years out of uni when you have been working in the real world you will have a vastly different view on the world.

People fit into fairly classic types and you fit exactly into the type that spends alot of time theorising at uni.
Long time students and uni students in general are slow to see the real world. You meet them all the time and can pick thema mile off

What can we do about there legal system. I hope your mates didn't send that package!

I think 20 years is way to long and she didn't get as fair a trial as she would have got in Australia. But I think shes guilty and shes only getting the attention because she's "tasty" to the news hounds!

btw I get all my knowledge from John Saffran! :)

Mates? Not really... I don't exacly hang out in a pub with them... It's a strategy, not a package and action will be taken when the proper time arises... when things calm down.
Classic uni types? That's bull. You are talking out your butt because you have no idea what law school is like.

I have been in uni a long time but in that time I've been involved in alot more than you guys... locally and internationally, in environmental and humanitarian concerns.

I get, and so do a great deal of other students, practical knowledge too. I do see results of campaigns etc. Even small ones. I've worked for the ICLC, RAVEN & EDO... we get things done. It's not just all books. You have to participate in real campaigns & cases. It's just I've read up first. It's not just academics either. Alot of practising lawyers & other professionals are involved.

Oh I have a good view of the world. I don't like the way it runs and it is nigh impossible to change it. But unlike you, I'm not willing to sit down and cop it.

What can we do? I don't know. But we can try to make the world a better place. Better to try than to slack off... cause that's when things get worse.

John Saffran is cool... but you have to take him with a pinch of salt. He's meant to be extremist.

[quote author=Fro]
I'm just picturing Yoda with a carrot up his ass :)

I bet its not the first time too!
[/quote]

Ahh so youve seen the uncut version as well :dance:

Mates? Not really... I don't exacly hang out in a pub with them... It's a strategy, not a package and action will be taken when the proper time arises... when things calm down.
Classic uni types? That's bull. You are talking out your butt because you have no idea what law school is like.

I have been in uni a long time but in that time I've been involved in alot more than you guys... locally and internationally, in environmental and humanitarian concerns.

I get, and so do a great deal of other students, practical knowledge too. I do see results of campaigns etc. Even small ones. I've worked for the ICLC, RAVEN & EDO... we get things done. It's not just all books. You have to participate in real campaigns & cases. It's just I've read up first. It's not just academics either. Alot of practising lawyers & other professionals are involved.

Oh I have a good view of the world. I don't like the way it runs and it is nigh impossible to change it. But unlike you, I'm not willing to sit down and cop it.

What can we do? I don't know. But we can try to make the world a better place. Better to try than to slack off... cause that's when things get worse.

John Saffran is cool... but you have to take him with a pinch of salt. He's meant to be extremist.

A classic response. I am afraid you have pigeon holed yoursefl!.

I would take life experience over education. I only did the minimum tertiary education required to get me employed and now I am in the high income earners. I dont havea bleeding heart because the world has enough of them, they are usually the ones you end up giving your spare change to!.

Q: what did the arts graduate say to the plumber?

A: Do you want fries with that sir?

"they are usually the ones you end up giving your spare change to!." Doosh! or handing out those papers at city train stations :)

Ah, but I am not just an Arts graduate.
Law is actually rather different. Completely different. I agree that arts are pretty damn useless for the majority (although there are some courses that are good for expanding general knowledge).
But law? Well... we can make a difference.

Cause our law is not perfect. I've been heavily involved with pressure groups to change & adapt domestic law. But yeah sorry can't lump arts & law together. Like trying to find a connection between engineering & arts.

Without bleeding hearts the Vietnam War would've raged longer, we wouldn't have human rights, there would not be domestic violence legislation etc etc etc etc....

So um yeah, I have chosen the path that will hopefully do some good.
SORRY.

I shouldn't want to help? I should just stand by and let people be hurt & the environment destroyed??

Why the hell should I do that? What is wrong with caring? I am indiscriminately caring... I'll care & fight for you, for the so-called "terrorists", for animals, plants... whoever & whatever is getting a tough deal.

And no, I won't be on the corner asking for money... I'll be the one behind the scenes instigating changes. There are alot of bleeding hearts doing that. We need to protect the world from hard nosed rich c**ts who'd rather have money than an improved world.

I thought chicks don't dig that word?

I know what you mean Byso, the post had some merit and good humanic sentiments in there. Then I read that. No need, no need at all.

awww the bleeding hearts will turn us all into a hug fest.

the kamere Rouge were bleeding hearts deep down.

Perhaps you should look back at history and question your sentiments and the "Change" you want to bring about and then see that even Hitler thought he was changing things for the better. Your only one fantaical idea away from being one of histories greatest bastards.

Sorry hopium but your arguments are lost on me. Uni studets are all full of text based arguments and protest rallies. Talk about it when you have 5 years of real world experience under your belt

yeah ok Dave. I may be 23 but I have been living on my own since i was 18 and working since 15. I would also wager i am as well travelled as most here in my short years thus far on the planet.

I also rate my self a fair judge of people, and will back my self to the hilt that Hopium is a classic acedemic/uni student. I know many such people

Ah, but I am not just an Arts graduate.

I am aware what you are studying, nobody who is a regular on this forum can possibly have any doubt in that regard.

Was meant to be a bit of humour, rather than the waffle that passes for debate among many of the posters in here :twisted:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8