Pre-Game Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 46
Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

I can't think of anyone else that deserves it.. Cleary got ripped off last year (well, so did gutho to be honest), i don't wanna see the hands downs best player in the NRL get robbed for a lesser player for the second year straight .. toms numbers speak for themselves, and unofficially, the way he dominated origin on-top of the NRL should make it a 1 horse race by a mile .. but this is the dally m, will prolly go to someone as unspectacular as wighton again... Maybe tedesco
Their should be a case for players to get a bonus Daly M point if you have totally dominated the opposition, like Tommy has been doing now on a regular basis.

We must keep an eye on the Hammer
Speed Kills

63372147_tabuai-fidowh-210527_sd_04040_2021528174050.jpg

For those interested, the named Cows team is:

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Kyle Feldt, Valentine Holmes, Ben Hampton, Murray Taulagi, Scott Drinkwater, Tom Dearden, Coen Hess, Reece Robson, Jordan McLean, Ben Condon, Jeremiah Nanai, Jason Taumalolo. Bench - Jake Granville, Heilum Luki, Mitchell Dunn, Griffin Neame.

Reserves - Tom Gilbert, Deajarn Asi, Lachlan Burr, Connelly Lemuelu.
Thanks V8 . The Cowboys are fielding a strong team

You're welcome.

For the Cows its a strong team. But ours is a lot stronger IMO and if we play to our strengths, our ability ... we'll beat them in a similar manner to the 50-18 win at Brookie a couple of months ago.

4th spot is ours for the taking. And I believe we'll take it.

We need to control our own destiny, not let others control it for us.

Yes it's a strong team. It's exactly the type of game we want to have going into the finals. We should win it, but I really hope we win it with discipline and control. We really need to reduce our errors, and this is the game we need to do it in.

You're welcome.

For the Cows its a strong team. But ours is a lot stronger IMO and if we play to our strengths, our ability ... we'll beat them in a similar manner to the 50-18 win at Brookie a couple of months ago.

4th spot is ours for the taking. And I believe we'll take it.

We need to control our own destiny, not let others control it for us.
We are a stronger team in most positions but they also have natch winners in their own right that can turn the game like Jason Taumalolo the Hammer and Valentine Homes
If they complete and hold their own they can make a game of this .

Yes it's a strong team. It's exactly the type of game we want to have going into the finals. We should win it, but I really hope we win it with discipline and control. We really need to reduce our errors, and this is the game we need to do it in.
You are spot on . Soft games do not harden us up or bring out the best in us .

Last week our boys could not get it up against the mediocre wooden spoon dogs

We are a stronger team in most positions but they also have natch winners in their own right that can turn the game like Jason Taumalolo the Hammer and Valentine Homes
If they complete and hold their own they can make a game of this .

Oh I agree that players like those you named are proven match winners. But overall I believe we will be far too strong for them.

I'm not bold enough right now to say that we will win it all, its too far our from the Grand Final to say that. But I believe that if we play our best then we most definitely can win the premiership. We do have a lot of talent and its not all Turbo.

Obviously any thoughts Des may have had of resting players from the game went out the door when the Roosters spanked the Raiders. If Parra won and we lost we would be sixth. Not acceptable I'd say. Des will rest some late in the game if Manly fly ahead. Then its a question regarding who they play. Certainly most probably the Storm but as I've said I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett plays a swifty to avoid playing Manly and gifts the Panthers the minor premiership. Doubtful, but the Storm will have less problems with the Bunnies sans Latrell than a Turbo charged Sea Eagles.

Then its a question regarding who they play. Certainly most probably the Storm but as I've said I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett plays a swifty to avoid playing Manly and gifts the Panthers the minor premiership. Doubtful, but the Storm will have less problems with the Bunnies sans Latrell than a Turbo charged Sea Eagles.
Storm and Panthers would each start as strong favourites to beat Manly.
I think the last few years must have shaken my confidence, at this late hour I am suddenly starting to wonder if Manly has overacheived this year and is about to be bundled out with barely a whimper. I am having a @mickqld moment.

Storm and Panthers would each start as strong favourites to beat Manly.
I think the last few years must have shaken my confidence, at this late hour I am suddenly starting to wonder if Manly has overacheived this year and is about to be bundled out with barely a whimper. I am having a @mickqld moment.

No question the Storm and Panthers would be considered favourites against Manly, though I think Manly have almost matched or exceeded those two clubs in performance since Round 5. Certainly the Storm are a stand out but as seen in the recent match. Manly had their measure. Penrith have a better defence than Manly but Manly since those rounds has a significantly better attack. In fact the differential since those rounds has been 346 to 262 in the Sea Eagles favour. Of course it can be argued that Cleary and Luai were missing for several matches, but Manly has missed some players for periods also, including Turbo. Personally I think Manly can defeat Penrith. The Storm, I'm not so sure.

Personally I think Manly can defeat Penrith. The Storm, I'm not so sure.
Oh I agree, and best case we can win the comp. But looking at the other side of it, during this entire season the only one of the top seven (7) teams we've beaten is the Eels!
I've had high hopes all year, even during our horrendous opening month, but just trying to reel in my expectations a bit now.
Put it this way - if they can go all the way it will rank as one of the Sea Eagles greatest ever achievements.And this is a club with many great acheivements!

Oh I agree, and best case we can win the comp. But looking at the other side of it, during this entire season the only one of the top seven (7) teams we've beaten is the Eels!
I've had high hopes all year, even during our horrendous opening month, but just trying to reel in my expectations a bit now.
Put it this way - if they can go all the way it will rank as one of the Sea Eagles greatest ever achievements.And this is a club with many great acheivements!
Not only the Eels, we have beaten ourselves during the season. Lessons learnt, I hope.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10