Cringe-worthy English

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Look, you know, full credit to the boys, they really put in, but, you know, coupla things went our way, you know, and we took good advantage of it, but, you know, the guys we played today could of easily won, but, you know, sometimes it just happens for you, you know, like today, for us, so yeah, we're stoked to get the two points, you know, and we're already thinking about next week's game..."

This may almost be the unspoken, accepted template used by Random Player X, but over time it has become white noise to me EXCEPT for that last part. I secretly hope that, as it is tacitly unspoken, but accepted, the template unspeaks, "we're already thinking about next week's game...", because at the end of a hard game of footy, the players are thinking about a few beers, some painkillers, near bloody anything but "next week's game".

They're that buggered that, to use a brilliant quote from David Letterman who was referring to then U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle, "When you look into his eyes it's clear that someone else is driving."

It's functional, context-based, audience-based English. I always go back to what Jack Gibson said when a commentator asked him what he said at half time to turn his side around:

Reporter: So, Jack, what did you say to the boys during the break?
JG: Simple things for simple minds

Priceless!

I will never forget Kitey's speech after the 2008 grand final win against Melbourne. "I love yus all" Sorry for mentioning melbourne in full as i should off put Mel.Well it's some consolation i did not use a capital m.@:D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4