Croker Experiment OVER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yeah , forgot about that option but really have no idea of Roache 's overall 9 capabilities . Froggy has been getting battered from pillar to post recently in defence and must be affecting his endurance and performance level and combined with an almost full season of very physical tackling in general . Think that he really misses Turbo 's presence and not having an opposition on the back foot more recently . Still maintain that Paseka is a big out and Keppie 's and Marty "s form has been quite average for a good part of the year . Did better when Lawton could give him a break and now with Roache coming onto the scene , even with a train on arrangement , just have to see how it pans out . .
Agree on froggy being battered, wouldn't surprise me if not listed for Raiders game tbh.

Tough thread on Croker. Just like Garrick he has given everything and his defence in the middle has been a big part of our earlier success. He just looks worn out and all the extra effort has him running on empty. One of the last players I would be reviewing based on 2022 performances.

Croker has come leap and bounds in recent times, and I can't see anyone else but him in the 9 next year. But has there seriously been a 9 in the comp that loses that ball in the ruck when trying to pass even once? I swear he has done it six times this season
He's done it because he is firetrucked. He is at every ruck in attack and 3/5 in defence.
We need defenders first and second before even looking at our attack and he's one of our best. The winner of the GF generally will be the best or 2nd best defensive side in the comp....it's not rocket science. You must keep sides to under 3 tries a game to even consider top 2 finish.
Gone are the glory days when we would get to 15 and I knew game over...on the back of great defence.

Out of the 17 players that make an NRL team, none are more important that then the fullback, five-eighth, halfback and hooker – the one, six, seven and nine, also known as the spine. These are the players that initiate offence, steer the team around the park, create opportunities for outside backs.

The moral of the spine story....
How potent is your spine ?
As potent as your 1,6, 7 and NINE

Just the point ,gives all but his everything isn't enough.
Everything players in our team that have given this year has not been enough

It has not been Enough For us to live up to the Benchmark of our Legendary clubs Grand finals Greatness

And has also has not been enough for us beat top 8 team and to even qualify for the top 8

Changes are needed because we are not getting enough from some players

Anyone else think we should throw money at b hunt. Covers half and hooker. Has the DCE link and would be good value for 2 years

Anyone else think we should throw money at b hunt. Covers half and hooker. Has the DCE link and would be good value for 2 years
would be nice but he has knocked back 750k from the Goons ,so I don't know but I doubt we could afford him

Who's a bit of Jamie Humphries?

Could he be a hooker.
He should 100% be our next halfback. Problem is I don’t think he will want to wait around until 2026 for DCE’s huge contract to finally end. He’s not a hooker though. We’ve got young gordie for that role.

Oh really? Roache is a talent for sure, just cruelled by injury. He was originally a 6 then converted to 9 by the warriors .. had a good scoot in him and excellent vision. This news excites me
Anything other than the incumbent excites me.

We will never ever challenge with Crocket at hooker, simply not first grade material.
Then again most of our first grade side is not first grade material.
Would be lucky if we had 5 to 6 that would make any of the top 6 sides.

Been saying all along croker isnt first grade standard, he has exceeded that claim this year with some performances, but if he isnt playing hooker , hes not in the 17 on a week to week basis.

We will never ever challenge with Crocket at hooker, simply not first grade material.
Then again most of our first grade side is not first grade material.
Would be lucky if we had 5 to 6 that would make any of the top 6 sides.
You are ruthless there feathered friend but you certainly have the right to be

The fact is which top 8 team did we challenge with the current players we have ?
None !!!

Some of our players hold their own but do not have the required speed , skill , or Strength to make the game their own And own the fcking finals

How can you have finals without Manly ?

I can not come to grips with this

I wake up hoping this reality is just a bad dream

But the reality is This is a real living nightmare

Mate I know we had a volley in the other thread but trust me I've seen him a lot I watch him in 2018 when redcliffe won the comp and again in 2019 before he debuted with the broncos and it's a massive no he is ****e buddy.

Also something just dawned on me. Since the roosters game crokers passing has been off. He's thrown some shockers out of dummy half. I wonder if he is suffering some symptoms of fatigue associated with long covid and is playing because we don't really have anyone else
50 tackles a game will do that to you and he’s not getting much help in that department lately without Jake

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8