Crusher: Agony could have been avoided

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The one thing that really stands out through all of this is the melbourne storm salary cap drama. Through out all of the rorting brian waldron signed all of the contracts and managed both sets of books. Craig belamy was absolved of all knowledge in relation to salary cap breaches, whether we believe he didnt know or not is irrelevant.

The point seems to be that the coach should coach the recruitment officer should recruit, and the coo should balance the book and maintain the salary cap like he is accountable for. It seems that the board realised this maybee as early as last year when the storm drama blew up and decided to reign it all in and retake some form of control so we never went through a similar situation. Not sure how correct this is but it seems to fit with what we are now finding out.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I blame the board for this mess and nobody else. We had a winning formula, why change it?
I understand the club is making losses and needs to become profitable in order to survive. I also understand Perry was appointed COO in order to make this happen. However to lose club legends like Hasler and Cleal is a tragedy and should have been avoided at all costs. I don't blame Hasler or Cleal for being loyal to one another. This mess lays firmly on the boards shoulders and nobody else's.

Crusher said he had fears that the board was getting involved???
Dindnt the dogs board get involved and removed their favourite son Kevin Moore the year after he was coach of the year???
Kevin Moore was humiliated constatly for a long time on the back page of the Telegraph by leaks from the bulldogs board after he was told his job was secure and was later back stabbed and sacked!!!
IF CRUSHER HAD FEARS FROM THE MANLY BOARD, KEVIN MOORE WENT THROUGH NIGHTMARES WITH THE CANTERBURY BOARD.
THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE CRUSHER , HASLER AND CO, INFACT ITS FULL OF DOG ****!!!

bob dylan said:
tookey said:
I will await your comments in the new couple of years when the dogs hold up the premiership trophy.

It look them 5 years to work their plan at Manly, the Dogs wont wait that long.

If they dont win in 2012 (which they wont because they have a crap team) 2013 or 2014 they will be sacked and accused of being Manly scum who took their money.

Its called "The Canterbury Way" ask Kevin Moore and Steve Folkes how it works.

This is an extremely good point. The Bulldogs are desperate for some success and they are going to expect it pretty much immediately. I can see things going pearshaped for Des over there.

Know doubt Des is a great coach and more than likely the best option the Dogs have for success. But i remember Jack Gibson failing at Souths and Cronulla.

King, nobody blames Cleal and Hasler for being loyal to one another, it's loyalty to the club that's the issue. They both appear not to have any.

Kiwi Eagle said:
You sending those sentiments on to Ken Arthurson as well ?

tookey said:
You people are unbelivebale.

5 weeks ago Des and crusher were gods on the northen beaches and now you all can't wait for them to leave. Has there ever been a more sucessful time in the clubs history than when these 2 were in charge?

Read the article. It is clear that both Des and crusher wanted to stay but were forced out by the actions of certain board members. They should hang their heads in shame today as should all of you who are bagging them both.

I will await your comments in the new couple of years when the dogs hold up the premiership trophy.

3 grand finals in 5 years for 2 premierships (and should be 3 except for the cheats) I think beats anything from the arko days.

tookey said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

tookey said:

5 weeks ago Des and crusher were gods on the northen beaches and now you all can't wait for them to leave. Has there ever been a more sucessful time in the clubs history than when these 2 were in charge?

Read the article. It is clear that both Des and crusher wanted to stay but were forced out by the actions of certain board members. They should hang their heads in shame today as should all of you who are bagging them both.

3 grand finals in 5 years for 2 premierships (and should be 3 except for the cheats) I think beats anything from the arko days.

I Don't without Arko Rugby Leauge wouldn't be where it is today

bob dylan said:
tookey said:

It look them 5 years to work their plan at Manly, the Dogs wont wait that long.

If they dont win in 2012 (which they wont because they have a crap team) 2013 or 2014 they will be sacked and accused of being Manly scum who took their money.

Its called "The Canterbury Way" ask Kevin Moore and Steve Folkes how it works.

I've been thinking that - they got their five years in Manly but won't get that at the Dogs.

tookey said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

tookey said:

Beats the Arko years? Wasn't Arko involved through most of our other premierships?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6