Crystal ball

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry guys n gals...9th's the best I can come up with. There ARE 16 clubs, so 9th aint that bad for a re-building team - and I say re-building as a team really comes from their 1/2's out..

We'll make the four and go on from there.  Manly premiers, Warriors spoon, who cares the rest.

I can't go into any season expecting/hoping for anything less than premiership success, cautiously optimistic about the halves. Actually more worried about our front row rotation, and whether Kite and Perry still have the fire in the belly.

This year, for mine will be interesting as I honestly don't know what to expect.

Last year was disappointing because we expected at least a GF appearance but the wheels fell off early.

The two years prior to that went pretty much to formula. Maybe '07 was a bit of a surprise GF appearance but after that we were always a good shot at winning '08.

This year, anything between first & tenth wouldn't particularly surprise me.

It'll come down to luck really. The ability's there.

Duff link said:
This year, for mine will be interesting as I honestly don't know what to expect.

Last year was disappointing because we expected at least a GF appearance but the wheels fell off early.

The two years prior to that went pretty much to formula. Maybe '07 was a bit of a surprise GF appearance but after that we were always a good shot at winning '08.

This year, anything between first & tenth wouldn't particularly surprise me.

It'll come down to luck really. The ability's there.

I'd say player mentality more so than luck. They make their own luck throughout the season.

For me i'd say that something would have to go drastically wrong for Manly not to make the finals given the roster we have, but it's stupid to try & make predictions on how well they'll be playing at that point this far out.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
My confidence levels have risen, Ryan is normally wrong on these matters so top 8 here we come !! :p

Ryan has foot in mouth disease and is consistantly wrong.

Cheers swoop. If only I could mix it with your lofty forum posting standards???

Jeez dude.

Ryan link said:
Cheers swoop. If only I could mix it with your lofty forum posting standards???

Jeez dude.

I put you in the class of the forum clown. You bag just about every new signing or personell who come to the club, usually without seeing them perform. And the best thing about it most times you're wrong.

Are you posting jibberish to get your post count up?

Yup. That's exactly what I'm doing. You hit the nail right on the head there swoop.

For the record, there are some great people in Manly's administration - there are some shockers as well. Like every workplace.

Our playing roster quality is fantastic, so no complaints there, either.

And yes, I DO often get things wrong about what I believe the quality of a player (and openly admit that) may be, but what's the big deal? Why is that so upsetting to you?

Remember swoop, this is a sport we are talking about and/or debating. It's entertainment. Part of the enjoyment of it all, is to criticise, compliment (and I DO do a lot of that - most of the guys here thought I was a broken record with my advocation of The Ox).

But your right. I thought (as a few examples):-
+ Vaeliki was a great marquee signing for us;
+ George Rose was too overweight to play;
+ Michael Robertson couldn't score tries;
+ Michael Monaghan was a great player (which I still believe);
+ Ashley Alberts was going to be a great player down the track;
+ Andrew Walker was captain material;
+ Shane Neumann was going to be the next big thing for Manly
+ JWH was or is going to be the next Sonny Bill;

Just to name but a few. So yeah, I get things wrong (more often than not), but I really don't see that as such a big deal in scheme of life.

It's fun debating. It's fun suggesting where you believe someone can improve. If I'm wrong, and it can be proven to me, I'll happily (and openly) admit it (especially if that means we get quality out of it :)) I'm never to stubborn as to not change my mind if I'm wrong.

Lastly, I never try and make a judgment about a player, or administration staff member, unless I have seen some track record. So I think your wrong there. That's my opinion, but I do think you were wrong with that, but hey:-

Oldboy says I'm the forum loon at the official site (an honor I accepted gracefully), and I've been dumped from their boards at any rate (which should give you a smile I guess). I'm more than happy to accept the forum clown tag of The Silvertails community :).

Do I have to do much media work in this role?

Canteen Worker link said:
Monaghan was such a good player that he has been moved from half to hooker by his English Club!!!!

Yeah, I read that. Still doesn't mean he isn't a great player. I thought he was very diverse. I also thought his long kicking game was far superior to The Ox (and I know that's not saying much DSM5 ! LoL).

I feel for the bloke. He'd be getting smashed by the fans in the UK. And people think WE are tough !! LoL

Ryan link said:
Lastly, I never try and make a judgment about a player, or administration staff member, unless I have seen some track record.

That's a load of crap. I could bring up a fair few posts where you've bagged players and administrators, but I couldn't be bothered looking them up.

You've already bagged Lowe before he's had a chance to prove himself. Can you give us some insight of Lowe's CEO track record?

swoop (no disrespect here, and I'm not trying to avoid your line of question) - I kind of think it's inappropriate given the current situation I'm in with Aaron from the official website for me to start down this line with Graham Lowe again.

All I will say, is I hope he does well. In fact, I hope he does better than every single other CEO in the game.

If that happened, we will be where this club deserves to be - and that's the top.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182334.msg250348#msg250348 date=1264922687]

Lastly, I never try and make a judgment about a player, or administration staff member, unless I have seen some track record.

That's a load of crap. I could bring up a fair few posts where you've bagged players and administrators, but I couldn't be bothered looking them up.

You've already bagged Lowe before he's had a chance to prove himself. Can you give us some insight of Lowe's CEO track record?
[/quote]  How about you give us a summary of his recent history to justify your faith in him as the best thing since sliced bread?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=182334.msg250357#msg250357 date=1264925656]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182334.msg250348#msg250348 date=1264922687]

[/quote]  How about you give us a summary of his recent history to justify your faith in him as the best thing since sliced bread?
[/quote]

Where did I say he was the best thing since sliced bread? I've read Ryan's pm and do you think the board haven't looked at his past history? Obviously they feel comfortable about the appoinment.

Give the bloke a chance before you bag him. If he doesn't perform by all means go for it, I'll reserve my judgement until he's been in the job for a while.

Matabele you got to get over your paranoia, as I see it you think there's a conspiracy behind just about every decision made by the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6