Cuthbertson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing is Pontian, I used to get heart failure when you could see him attempt an off-load in traffic, which you knew, before he knew, that it would end in tears.  SeaEagle is correct in his analysis re the events that cruelled him.  He didn't deserve to get sent off in Canberra.  A poor reaction by a stupid ref.  Anyway, I miss Hall more that Cuthbo.  I wasn't aware that Cuthbo dissed us.  Poor form.     

WE do miss Hall's form of late 2008 but I think Rodney has more than made up for losing Hall. Just wish that Choc and Gift could show a bit more leadership and drive in the forwards. Their form is a concern.

DSM5 link said:
He was hardly a 'premiership' winning player with us.  I was never a fan as he dropped a lot of ball and fell off too many tackles.  You can see his deficiencies haven't been addressed when he runs on for Cronulla.
.. mate in saying that 08 was his best yr.. i just got the 2008 highlight package dvd  in the 1st 5rounds he crossed the line 3times .in other matches he did try assists.. it was his 09 form that sucked..

We watched the 2008 semi against the dragons last night and a few things were really obvious compared to now;

1. The difference in the form of Choc and Glenn. They looked fit and fired up. Hall was the other starting backrower and is probably equivalent to Rodney now. It's the other two that are going average but not great this year.
2. The general intensity and composure in defence was noticably better than this season.
3. How much Snake means to our team. He didn't have a brilliant game that night but still scored two tries, threw the last pass for two tries, saved a try by running down Cooper and generally defended well.

Cuthbo was actually progressing quite well until he got sent off down in Canberra, never seemed the same player after that

I wish we had kept Cuthbo, although not playing well at the time, I still reckon he has a lot of potential.

Old style ballplayer that needed to learn the right time to offload or not. A decent forward coach may have been able to turn him into something special.

nodd link said:
I wish we had kept Cuthbo, although not playing well at the time, I still reckon he has a lot of potential.

Old style ballplayer that needed to learn the right time to offload or not. A decent forward coach may have been able to turn him into something special.
yep

He only has a couple of flaws in his game

1 He loses the ball every second time he gets it.

2 He cant tackle due to fatigue after being on the field for more than 5 minutes.

bob dylan link said:
He only has a couple of flaws in his game

1 He loses the ball every second time he gets it.

2 He cant tackle due to fatigue after being on the field for more than 5 minutes.

PMSL :) he is the laziest player ive seen in a long time lol,he cries foul all the time but doesnt try to better himself and prove his coaches wrong

A bit harsh by everyone, Cuthbo isn't the greatest player to ever play NRL but he isn't the worst either. It is unbelievable that he can't make Cronullas first team, I mean they have such a star studded line up, and they are on such a winning streak, they really have the luxury of leaving such a huge chunk of salary cap on the bench.  ::) ::)

Who do you think they should drop?

Douglas, Snowden, Gallen, Millington or Tupou.

Flip link said:
This shows you the quality of coach Stuart seems to be.

So many articles and so many stories about how quickly he gets pissy at his players when he doesn't get exactly what he wants or when he seems to be failing as a coach and does the old 'kick em to reserves' to teach them a lesson. Comeon, Stuart deserves better than this tosh. He played for the Raiders in the late 80's and 90's, what a legend of the game.

Any normal coach would probably put extra work on their 200K recruit and help him get back to the form that earned his signing but not that bitch ricky. Surly the best method for improving your NRL recruit is to have him playing tradies in a beers and meatpiethon.

Im not saying Cuthbo was a great player but Stuart is one hell of a dud coach.

Spot on. Only sticky could take a recruit and make their game worse and demotivate them. I saw Cuthbo in the early games and he was going ok but Ricky had some idea to completely change his style of play from the player they bought and now it is all tears. Crazy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4