Cuthbo - should we or shouldn't we?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

I think Mellonhead is reporting what he heard grant mayer say that cuthbo woiuld be leaving over his dead body.

I think Mellonhead is reporting what he heard grant mayer say that cuthbo woiuld be leaving over his dead body.

does a dead body count under the salary cap?

[quote author=tookey]

[/quote]

maybe depends on what inheritance was left?

Keep Adam or save Beaver - Thoughts

Menzies, a Manly legend and loyal to the core. Almost sacrilegious to even consider dumping him for a junior with some undoubted ability but who, up to 2 weeks ago had not even gone close to realising that potential. Even then he come on against the Tigers when the match was won and the try he scored last week was one which any self respecting forward would have scored.

However Menzies' future is limited, Cutherbersons full potential may not have even been yet reached.

Sorry Adam, but in a 2 way vote Steve will win with me every time.

[quote author=tookey]

[/quote]

I don't think that grant would count under the salary cap either dead of alive.

We have had one or two players recently playing like they were dead and they counted under the salary cap though.

him or beaver is a tought one.... Its a shame weighted contracts have been banned as it would have solved our problem there.

Id prefer to keep both and would need a lot more info before i could make a descision. 1 year VS 5 - 10 is the key issue

Beaver. He has shown loyalty beyond the call and should receive it.

The next generation will learn an important lesson from that.

why not do the ORford trick...

Tell Cuthbo he will get 50k next year and when Beaver retires he gets his 300-400k the year after

Because weighted contracts are now out surely the club can get around this by just giving cuthbo a seperate agreement that they will rewrite his contract the year when beaver retires and increase it then. The NRL doesn't need to know.

[quote author=mellonhead]
Take a tip ... Cuthbo wont be going anywhere!

See mate you wonder why we question your so called "inside info"

The Cuthbertsons are very well known to me, and trust me, its anything but a sealed deal.

I'm all for people giving info if it is fact, but dont come on here and bull**** about things that arent true.

[/quote]

Did you take your angry pills, if so, go back on the tranquilisers! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Clontago, the tip was MY OPINION, as I didn't contribute the words, "already agreed to terms" or "already a done deal" or "already signed". When I say those things, its uually 99% correct, so I go with the odds and tell you lot about it. No where did a mention it was a "sealed deal"

To the others who actually understood what I was saying, thankyou!

Clon you may know the family and good on you, having met his father and my discussions with Adam show they are great people. Just so you know why my opinion is that he would stay, is that a) the club wants to keep long term potention players - Adam has shown great improvement and he is young. b) he's happy here at Manly and comfortable with the players - he told me that himself. c) unless his manager gets greedy with the asking price the old adage of not changing what works - I know the club is very keen to have afarmasanga & cuthbo to cement a combination in the future basis of the forward pack.

The Manly Sea Eagles today went a long way to securing its player strength for the future with a bulk resigning and new signing announcement. Manly today announced it had come to terms with the following current players:

* Jason King (3 years)
* Steve Matai (3 years)
* Glenn Hall (2 years)
* Adam Cuthbertson (3 years)

I look forward to my apology!

If you're referring to clontaago I wouldn't be holding your breath. ;)

You seem to have the same lack of comprehension trait as your brother.

I didnt say he wasnt staying, all I said was it wasnt a done deal.

As for an apology, you have more chance of me getting a crew cut, dressing in a pink satin shirt and taking on your family name.

you have more chance of me getting a crew cut, dressing in a pink satin shirt.

I think those are a pre-requisite for taking on the family name.

You seem to have the same lack of comprehension trait as your brother.

I didnt say he wasnt staying, all I said was it wasnt a done deal.

As for an apology, you have more chance of me getting a crew cut, dressing in a pink satin shirt and taking on your family name.

No you didn't just say it wsn't a done deal, ! You said I was full of BS, so give yourself an uppercut. And again I didn't say it was a done deal either, but now it is! :dance: :dance: :dance: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Your comment about comprehension? you obviously have a problem! About taking on our family name - on behalf of Byso and myself- we don't want you! we don't wish to insult our family name! BTW nothing wrong with wearing a pink shirt !

Mata, I didn't expect an apology anyway!

FFS guys - you were BOTH right....and both had valuable information and input.

Is this an argument about whose got the biggest dick?, if it ain't is sure sounds like it.

FFS guys - you were BOTH right....and both had valuable information and input.
Is this an argument about whose got the biggest dick?, if it ain't is sure sounds like it.

If you pair dont think Mellonhead has a right to speak up after another poster comes and basically calls him a liar and then brings his family into the argument then thats a fairly sad state of affairs.

Thanks Jatz, some one actually gets it?
Besides theirs no arguement, Byso has the biggest dick!
Clontago doesn't have one...obviously , or else he would have been a man and apologised.

My call is that Doug overeacted to Mellon's initial post. Both had inside info - I would rather get this than have a situation where noone posted anything for want of copping a bagging for at least bothering to pass on what was seen and heard!!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7